BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Another one bites the dust.

5 hours ago, Toast said:

I'm sure he would have made it to his birthday without the work of those two.

Except he never wanted to make it to his 100th birthday. He said so himself. 

The beauty of Prince Philip was that he had no greater revulsion than for limp-wristed speculative sissy-boy gossiping snowflakes like yourself.

There can be few things less British, than soaking up the American tabloid chatter like the human equivalent of a Yanky's condom, as you seem determined to do. 

Rule Britannia my friends, and Long Live the Greek!

• Facepalm 1

He was my BONUS candidate on the 6 Months 6 Names A Small Game forum! I had a hunch about him and did the gematria on April 9th 2021! He was 99 and April 9th is 99th day of the year and the day itself added up to 9!

0 + 4 + 0 + 9 + 2 + 0 + 2 + 1 = 18

1 + 8 = 9

Thus, making Prince Philip The Duke of Edinburgh perfect for passing on April 9th 2021! 

*Looks around to see who is next while sipping on some delicious tea* :skull:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Doc said:

Phillip was really the first celebrity that I ever followed the health of, so sort of strange that he has died after all of these years.

Looking back, that's a great amount of health to have followed, it seems.

• Like 1

Hmmmm... lame obit.

28 minutes ago, drol said:

Hmmmm... lame obit.

What's the matter with it? 

Too standard, like thousands of obits which circulated in the last 24 hours. But I can't remember at the moment a DL obit which was particularly witty, though I'm sure there were. 

9 hours ago, WokoHaram said:

The beauty of Prince Philip was that he had no greater revulsion than for limp-wristed speculative sissy-boy gossiping snowflakes like yourself.

There can be few things less British, than soaking up the American tabloid chatter like the human equivalent of a Yanky's condom, as you seem determined to do.

Well, aren't you a charmer?

BTW most of your assumptions are wrong.

Ugh, yet another new tosser. Fuck sake, this place is getting progressively worse.

Rule  Britannia. A wonderful book by Daphne Du Maurier. 

4 hours ago, drol said:

Too standard, like thousands of obits which circulated in the last 24 hours. But I can't remember at the moment a DL obit which was particularly witty, though I'm sure there were. 

I'm almost certain very few, if any of the other obits went straight in with "Duke of Deadinburgh".

5 hours ago, drol said:

DL had some good writeups in the early 2010s.

DeathList’s fast start to the year continues with the news that Reg Presley, lead singer of The Troggs, has passed away. The Troggs had a number of hits through the 60’s to the 90’s including Wild Thing (1966), Wild Thing (new version) (1972), Wild Thing (Reggae version) (1975), Wild Thing '89 (1989) Wild Thing (1992) (featuring Oliver Reed and Hurricane Higgins), Wild Thing (1993) (featuring Wolf from Gladiators), With a Girl Like You (1966) and Love is all Around (1967). Presley succumbed to lung cancer at the age of 71. He was making his first appearance on DeathList, securing the number 24 position.

• Haha 2

Since some of you have been on tenterhooks...

image.png.5d199468cf960d4eca16ceae223753f8.png

Meetings have been taking place on the island of Tanna in the South Pacific nation of Vanuatu to decide how to move forward following the death of Prince Philip, who was revered by a tribe there as a god.

Anthropologist Kirk Huffman, an authority on what is known as the Prince Philip Movement, told BBC's Today programme some of the islanders were meeting "to sort out what they will do to perform their version of respect rituals".

A decision is yet to be made on whether Prince Charles will succeed his father in the eyes of the tribe, Mr Huffman said.

"I think it’s something they will need to work out themselves," he said.

Prince Philip, who visited Vanuatu as part of his official tours, was not revered due to being a member of the Royal Family.

The believers say the duke - or at least the spirit he represents - came from Tanna, not Europe, Mr Huffman said, and they thought he was the reincarnation of an ancient warrior.

• Haha 2

A day and a bit to go. In Greek culture, it is believed that the soul does not leave the body until three days after a person dies. Because of this, the family will visit the grave three days after the death for a small ceremony where a priest blesses a plate of koliva, scatters it to the wind, and then breaks the plate on the tombstone

• Like 1

Funeral next Saturday? Hmmmmmmmm.  Scottish Cup ties might not be played then.  Old firm meant to kick off at 4. 

Apparently the Beeb have set up a complaint form because they've had so much shit over their decision to replace Bake Off and the rest of the schedule with the wall to wall coverage we saw last night and this morning. Luckily for me, I've been able to watch cricket all day. Happy days!

4 minutes ago, Exu said:

Apparently the Beeb have set up a complaint form because they've had so much shit over their decision to replace Bake Off and the rest of the schedule with the wall to wall coverage we saw last night and this morning. Luckily for me, I've been able to watch cricket all day. Happy days!

Not surprised.  All BBC channels were showing the same shit at the same time.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Bearer said:

They just wanted to make sure that nobody was missing out by accident!

19 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:
24 minutes ago, Exu said:

We do have other choices nowadays.  Actually the only time I had the TV on yesterday was to watch something on iPlayer.

That said, it seems a strange decision to put the coverage on more than one channel.  I can't think of a single good reason for doing that.

Anyway, I hope the Queen enjoyed watching the racing. :D

Has it calmed the fuck down yet on here?

Have the no marks, who joined just to post a couple of times on the thread, gone now?

Just askin, like.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

Funeral next Saturday? Hmmmmmmmm.  Scottish Cup ties might not be played then.  Old firm meant to kick off at 4. 

EFL matches to be moved to avoid clashing with the funeral. Times to be announced once the full details of the funeral are released, but sounds like they may hold them earlier or later on Saturday. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12271909/efls-3pm-kick-offs-on-april-17-to-be-moved-for-prince-philips-funeral

1 hour ago, Toast said:

I can't think of a single good reason for doing that.

Anyway, I hope the Queen enjoyed watching the racing. :D

Category 1 deaths include the immediate ceasing of all programmes on BBC1/2/4 - oddly reassuring to see all the gumf is actually true.

Anyhow, I can think why they did it and its all political rather than respect. 

• Like 1

Funniest thing I saw today. The house over the road put up Union Jack bunting for the VE day thing last year and didn't  take it down. It has been displayed in a U shaped garland all year.

Today they moved it to a horizontal line 3/4 way down the window. Had to stop myself laughing out loud when I saw it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

A day and a bit to go. In Greek culture, it is believed that the soul does not leave the body until three days after a person dies. Because of this, the family will visit the grave three days after the death for a small ceremony where a priest blesses a plate of koliva, scatters it to the wind, and then breaks the plate on the tombstone

This company seems to have a few plates surplus to requirement.

100yr Plate.jpg

• Haha 2