Jump to content
BirdieNumNums

1. Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, The Happy Reaper said:

 

This company seems to have a few plates surplus to requirement.
 

100yr Plate.jpg

 

:clivedunn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Happy Reaper said:

 

This company seems to have a few plates surplus to requirement.
 

100yr Plate.jpg

 

You're a bit slow. I posted that on this thread yesterday. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Kenny said:

 

You're a bit slow. I posted that on this thread yesterday. ;)

 

:clivedunn:

 

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenny said:

 

You're a bit slow. I posted that on this thread yesterday. ;)

 

My apologies. You'd think I would have spotted it given how quiet this thread has been lately.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're talking about really shocking deaths then Nikki from big brother is far more shocking than the DofE. The BBC should have wall to wall coverage, perhaps of a bunch of people sitting around in a room discussing her, while occasionally one of them goes into the diary room for a bit of a cry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2067766761_Cartoon10April2021edit.thumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Toast said:

 

Well, aren't you a charmer?

 

BTW most of your assumptions are wrong.

 

I made no assumptions. I saw you whining like a woman about some Soap Opera dramatics, and I rightly informed you Prince Philip would have been revolted by the Cuckold's Delight you showed in rehashing it. 

 

Some manufactured intra-family conflict would have been of no interest to the Prince. It certainly wouldn't have been significant enough to decrease his lifespan.

 

The fact you found the gossiping of women on a talkshow such a significant event is an indictment on you, not him.

 

Englishmen used to be made of stronger stuff.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon they will still be collectibles in the eyes of some

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeez, have the papers gone completely mad. Surely there is only so much to be said about him dying. I just don't really think most people are that interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2021 at 18:07, RoverAndOut said:

 

OK, so, from Monday the restrictions lift to 30 for funerals...

 

There is just enough room for the immediate family (including the Sussexes): rough count, Queen + kids and consorts + grandkids and consorts + great grandkids = 32 in total, but given Eugenie has a baby and Zara has a baby, and most of the great grandkids are under 8, let alone 10, I'd imagine a number of them wouldn't attend anyway. So there's space for a few more. Margaret's kids and grandkids maybe? I'm not sure Philip's got any living family he's close to on the Battenberg side.

 

I don't think there'd be a massive need for them to break the rules, nor would it be a good look at an already tricky time PR-wise for the family to have more than the allowed number of mourners.

I think there will be few if any children there. Presumably on Philip's side King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie will attend? Perhaps Lady Pamela Hicks as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/04/2021 at 23:16, Paul Bearer said:

Meanwhile, elsewhere, there were 60 Covid related deaths today. ;)

 

Yea but how many of them were worshipped in Vanuatu?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

If you're talking about really shocking deaths then Nikki from big brother is far more shocking than the DofE. The BBC should have wall to wall coverage, perhaps of a bunch of people sitting around in a room discussing her, while occasionally one of them goes into the diary room for a bit of a cry.

 

'They come in three's' theory comes true again. DMX , Nikki Grahame , Prince Philip.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, WokoHaram said:

I made no assumptions. I saw you whining like a woman about some Soap Opera dramatics, and I rightly informed you Prince Philip would have been revolted by the Cuckold's Delight you showed in rehashing it.

Some manufactured intra-family conflict would have been of no interest to the Prince. It certainly wouldn't have been significant enough to decrease his lifespan.

The fact you found the gossiping of women on a talkshow such a significant event is an indictment on you, not him.

Englishmen used to be made of stronger stuff.

 

:lol:  Priceless.

 

Are you referring to that Oprah Winfrey interview?   FYI, I haven't seen it.  I think I last watched an Oprah show some time back in the 1990s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

:lol:  Priceless.

 

Are you referring to that Oprah Winfrey interview?   FYI, I haven't seen it.  I think I last watched an Oprah show some time back in the 1990s.

I'm quite impressed that they think you have a knob.:lol:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I'm quite impressed that they think you have a knob.:lol:

 

 

"I made no assumptions" was particularly amusing. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dodrade said:

I think there will be few if any children there. Presumably on Philip's side King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie will attend? Perhaps Lady Pamela Hicks as well?

I made a list of the children of DoE's sisters a while ago:

 

Children of the sisters of DoE:

 

 

Princess Margarita's children (1905-1981)

Stillborn daughter (1931-1931)

Prince Kraft Alexander Ernst Ludwig Georg Emich (1935-2004) 

Princess Beatrix Alice Marie Melita Margarete of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1936-1997)

Prince Georg Andreas Heinrich of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (born 1938) 

Prince Rupprecht Sigismund Philipp Ernst of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1944-1978)

Prince Albrecht Wolfgang Christoph of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1944-1992

 

Princess Theodora's children (1906-1969)

Margarita Alice Thyra Viktoria Marie Louise Scholastica of Baden (1932-2013)

Prince Maximillian Andreas Friedrich Gustav Ernst August Bernhard of Baden (born 1933) 

Prince Ludwig Wilhelm Georg Ernst Christoph of Baden (born 1937)

 

Princess Cecilie's children (1911-1937)

Prince Ludwig of Hesse and by Rhine (1931-1937) 

Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine (1933-1937)

Princess Johanna of Hesse and by Rhine (1936-1939)

Stillborn son (1937-1937)

 

Princess Sophie's children (1914-2001)

Princess Christina Margarethe of Hesse (1933-2011)

Princess Dorothea of Hesse (1934-2001)

Prince Karl of Hesse (born 1937) 

Prince Rainer Christoph Friedrich of Hesse (born 1937)

Princess Clarissa Alice of Hesse (born 1944)

Prince Welf Ernst of Hanover (1947-1981)

Prince Georg of Hanover (born 1949)

(The only child of Philip's sisters who isn't 70 is Princess Friederike of Hanover (born 1954, daughter of Princess Sophie)) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, arghton said:

I made a list of the children of DoE's sisters a while ago:

............

(The only child of Philip's sisters who isn't 70 is Princess Friederike of Hanover (born 1954, daughter of Princess Sophie)) 

 

That's really interesting.  Here's a photo of her aged 5.

http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2016/09/will-william-and-catherine-meet-cousin.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, arghton said:

I made a list of the children of DoE's sisters a while ago:

 

Children of the sisters of DoE:

 

 

Princess Margarita's children (1905-1981)

Stillborn daughter (1931-1931)

Prince Kraft Alexander Ernst Ludwig Georg Emich (1935-2004) 

Princess Beatrix Alice Marie Melita Margarete of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1936-1997)

Prince Georg Andreas Heinrich of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (born 1938) 

Prince Rupprecht Sigismund Philipp Ernst of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1944-1978)

Prince Albrecht Wolfgang Christoph of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1944-1992

 

Princess Theodora's children (1906-1969)

Margarita Alice Thyra Viktoria Marie Louise Scholastica of Baden (1932-2013)

Prince Maximillian Andreas Friedrich Gustav Ernst August Bernhard of Baden (born 1933) 

Prince Ludwig Wilhelm Georg Ernst Christoph of Baden (born 1937)

 

Princess Cecilie's children (1911-1937)

Prince Ludwig of Hesse and by Rhine (1931-1937) 

Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine (1933-1937)

Princess Johanna of Hesse and by Rhine (1936-1939)

Stillborn son (1937-1937)

 

Princess Sophie's children (1914-2001)

Princess Christina Margarethe of Hesse (1933-2011)

Princess Dorothea of Hesse (1934-2001)

Prince Karl of Hesse (born 1937) 

Prince Rainer Christoph Friedrich of Hesse (born 1937)

Princess Clarissa Alice of Hesse (born 1944)

Prince Welf Ernst of Hanover (1947-1981)

Prince Georg of Hanover (born 1949)

(The only child of Philip's sisters who isn't 70 is Princess Friederike of Hanover (born 1954, daughter of Princess Sophie)) 

Do we expect any of these to attend?

 

30 is pretty small for the Royal Family. Not sure if there will be enough room for the Kents, Beatrice and Eugenie's husbands might stay at home too. Obviously not looking likely for Fergie either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Jeez, have the papers gone completely mad. Surely there is only so much to be said about him dying. I just don't really think most people are that interested.

 

 

Aye, I'm hunkering down - I'm reliably informed for those in search of Philip-free media content Pornhub has maintained normal programming :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 The Queen

2 Prince of Wales

3 Duchess of Cornwall

4 Princess Royal

5 Vice-Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence

6 Duke of York

7 and 8 Earl and Countess of Wessex

9 and 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

11 Duke of Sussex

12 and 13 Zara and Mike Tindall

14 Peter Phillips

15 Princess Beatrice

16 Princess Eugenie

17 Lady Louise Windsor

18 Viscount Severn

19 Lady Pamela Hicks

20 Countess Mountbatten

21 Princess Alexandra

22 and 23 Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

24 and 25 Duke and Duchess of Kent

26 and 27 Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

28 Earl of Snowdon

29 Lady Sarah Chatto

30 Brigadier Archie Miller-Bakewell, private secretary

 

Likely guest list (not including the Bishop of London who will conduct the service) according to the DM.

 

Edit: Not quite sure how they expect the Countess Mountbatten to attend given that she died in 2017. Perhaps they mean her eldest son, now the Earl Mountbatten after inheriting her title?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

1 The Queen

2 Prince of Wales

3 Duchess of Cornwall

4 Princess Royal

5 Vice-Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence

6 Duke of York

7 and 8 Earl and Countess of Wessex

9 and 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

11 Duke of Sussex

12 and 13 Zara and Mike Tindall

14 Peter Phillips

15 Princess Beatrice

16 Princess Eugenie

17 Lady Louise Windsor

18 Viscount Severn

19 Lady Pamela Hicks

20 Countess Mountbatten

21 Princess Alexandra

22 and 23 Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

24 and 25 Duke and Duchess of Kent

26 and 27 Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

28 Earl of Snowdon

29 Lady Sarah Chatto

30 Brigadier Archie Miller-Bakewell, private secretary

 

Likely guest list (not including the Bishop of London who will conduct the service) according to the DM.

 

 

That's a dead pooler's wank fantasy of the event turns out to be a Covid super-spreader!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

 

That's a dead pooler's wank fantasy of the event turns out to be a Covid super-spreader!

There will be interest  in who goes but not going does not indicate  that there might be health issues because of the reduced numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

1 The Queen

2 Prince of Wales

3 Duchess of Cornwall

4 Princess Royal

5 Vice-Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence

6 Duke of York

7 and 8 Earl and Countess of Wessex

9 and 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

11 Duke of Sussex

12 and 13 Zara and Mike Tindall

14 Peter Phillips

15 Princess Beatrice

16 Princess Eugenie

17 Lady Louise Windsor

18 Viscount Severn

19 Lady Pamela Hicks

20 Countess Mountbatten

21 Princess Alexandra

22 and 23 Duke and Duchess of Gloucester

24 and 25 Duke and Duchess of Kent

26 and 27 Prince and Princess Michael of Kent

28 Earl of Snowdon

29 Lady Sarah Chatto

30 Brigadier Archie Miller-Bakewell, private secretary

 

Likely guest list (not including the Bishop of London who will conduct the service) according to the DM.

 

Edit: Not quite sure how they expect the Countess Mountbatten to attend given that she died in 2017. Perhaps they mean her eldest son, now the Earl Mountbatten after inheriting her title?

Perhaps they mean the current Earl's wife?

 

Haven't Princess Alexandra and the Duchess of Kent been in poor health?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use