BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

On 17/04/2021 at 10:31, DevonDeathTrip said:

My son wants to know the odds of the Queen remarrying, but none of the regular bookmakers seem to be offering quotes.   

The odds are non-existent because the most likely candidate, Sir Covid Tom Moore, carked before Phil the Greek.

A more pertinent question is that did the wake have shish kebabs rather than sausage rolls? B)

15 minutes ago, Kenny said:

The odds are non-existent because the most likely candidate, Sir Covid Tom Moore, carked before Phil the Greek.

Leslie Phillips? Abdelaziz Bouteflika? Maybe even Gorbachev?

Jimmy Carter and Dilip Kumar are taken.

12 hours ago, arghton said:

Leslie Phillips? Abdelaziz Bouteflika? Maybe even Gorbachev?

Jimmy Carter and Dilip Kumar are taken.

Surely the national treasure that is Sir David Attenborough...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 04/03/2021 at 11:03, Dying Probably said:

*insert iain image here*

image.png.5af2fcd587362984b1640fa7f3878fc7.png

I think the image may be referring to you my friend.

On 15/01/2020 at 11:19, Kenny McCormick said:

I stand by my previous prediction that he will die annoyingly close to his 100th birthday.

Couldn't find OC, but this'll do... Recently remembered that I predicted this, what do I win? <_<

3 hours ago, arghton said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/prince-philip-cause-of-death-b1842297.html

Death cause revealed (spoiler: it's "old age", the coroners probably didn't figure out which organ went first)

If I'm not mistaken that is a downgrade from the Queen Mother's cause of death which was listed as 'Extreme Old Age'.

• Haha 2

Would've been his 100th birthday day after tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Would've been his 100th birthday tomorrow.

No it wouldn't.

His birthday was the 10th June.

• Like 1

Mixed the day of death (9th) and the day of birth (10th)

What way did it help to cancel our programs to announce his death? Coulda just announced on the regular 1.30 news program. We didn't benefit in anyway to find out any soober

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

What way did it help to cancel our programs to announce his death? Coulda just announced on the regular 1.30 news program. We didn't benefit in anyway to find out any soober

Its called a tribute and mark of respect, idiot features.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bentrovato said:

Now we will never know who he left his Big Book of Racist Jokes to. Prince Philip's will to be secret for 90 years - BBC News

I was just reading this. I'm curious who the full list of 30 sealed wills are. I haven't done any digging into whose wills were published or not but presumably among the 30 are: Prince Philip, Queen Mum, Princess Margaret, Diana?, Earl Mountbatten, George VI, Queen Mary of Teck, George V, old Duke of Kent, old Duke of Gloucester, Francis of Teck, maybe Edward VIII? Even then, that's less than half.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I was just reading this. I'm curious who the full list of 30 sealed wills are. I haven't done any digging into whose wills were published or not but presumably among the 30 are: Prince Philip, Queen Mum, Princess Margaret, Diana?, Earl Mountbatten, George VI, Queen Mary of Teck, George V, old Duke of Kent, old Duke of Gloucester, Francis of Teck, maybe Edward VIII? Even then, that's less than half.

Diana's is in the public domain already. You will have to wait until the intended annex listing them is published. If that ever happens of course. Presumably they are all quite high up the line. Wives/Husbands might also count I suppose. 

On 19/04/2021 at 22:38, Kenny said:

Hey, don't forget that Sir David Attenborough is still around . . .

Death Notice for Lady Myra Alice Butter (nee Wernher), a cousin of the late Duke Of Edinburgh and a descendent of Tsar Nicholas I of Russia, aged 97: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/258709/butter

She gave an interview with The Sun last year: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14604368/queen-lost-without-prince-philip-duke-cousin/ and her wedding to Major Sir David Butter in 1946 was attended by the Queen (then Princess Elizabeth), Princess Margaret and Queen Mary, along with the Mountbattens etc etc: http://royalmusingsblogspotcom.blogspot.com/2010/11/myra-werner-marries-major-butter.html

British Pathe footage here: https://www.britishpathe.com/video/VLVAEI1Y9SYN8JS9QCZQDEBC9045Z-WERNHER-AND-BUTTER-WEDDING-AT-ST-MARGARETS-CATHEDRAL/query/MARRIAGE+AT and it is stated that Prince Michael of Kent was the page.

Wiki (mention): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_de_Torby

Sir David died in 2010: https://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-major-sir-david-butter-kcvo-mc-2442387

(I thank you).

• Like 4

Couldn’t find a thread for the new Duke of Edinburgh.

I thought Prince Edward was looking quite gaunt in the photos from today. He has certainly lost a lot of weight since his mother died.

It has been suggested The King wanted to keep the Edinburgh title for Charlotte. Could it be the case he has given it to his brother for his lifetime in the knowledge that might not be as long as we think? 

3699E390-1535-4B4C-BF73-DCE0D45D7418.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

I thought Prince Edward was looking quite gaunt in the photos from today. He has certainly lost a lot of weight since his mother died.

It has been suggested The King wanted to keep the Edinburgh title for Charlotte. Could it be the case he has given it to his brother for his lifetime in the knowledge that might not be as long as we think? 

From what I understand, this is in line with the wishes of both the Queen and Philip. It would have been unprecedented, in the modern era, to give a child such a high title... And against the wishes of the previous holder to boot.

2 hours ago, Windsor said:

Through Sophie would still be Duchess of Edinburgh until she either died or remarried. Charlotte will more likely be Princess royal as Anne is likely to die a while before Sophie in the event that Edward is Ill anyway. 

3 hours ago, Windsor said:

No.  The issue was that Charles wanted to keep the Edinburgh title close to the family.  If you look at the other Royal dukedoms of Kent and Gloucester, they are drifting away from the immediate family. Once held by sons of the monarch, they were inherited by cousins of the Queen and the next heirs will be second cousins to Charles.  The same would have happened with Edinburgh if it was given to Edward. 

This has been solved by making it non-hereditary, a life peerage. When Edward dies it won't go to his son James but will return to the Crown.  Instead James now has his father's old title of Earl of Wessex.  Possibly Edinburgh will be regarded as a title awarded on merit, like Anne's title of Princess Royal which is also non-hereditary.

5 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Through Sophie would still be Duchess of Edinburgh until she either died or remarried. Charlotte will more likely be Princess royal as Anne is likely to die a while before Sophie in the event that Edward is Ill anyway. 

On Edward's death she would be The Dowager Duchess of Edinburgh 

• Like 2