BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

If the whole family trapsed in there would be a suspicion of saying goodbye.

True, and I seem to remember something about the senior royals generally avoiding hospital visits because it causes too much disruption.  The Queen can't just nip in on her own like you or I would do.

15 minutes ago, Toast said:

True, and I seem to remember something about the senior royals generally avoiding hospital visits because it causes too much disruption.  The Queen can't just nip in on her own like you or I would do.

Yeah can imagine the security cost would be quite expensive and disruption to other patients too much for a visit in these circumstances. I can imagine we'll know he's at his end if the entire family suddenly turn up to his hospital.

24 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Yeah can imagine the security cost would be quite expensive and disruption to other patients too much for a visit in these circumstances. I can imagine we'll know he's at his end if the entire family suddenly turn up to his hospital.

If its the end, he'd go to one of the main palaces and then the entire family would flock in - big tell tale sign.

I mean, the end is coming soon-ish, by default (guy is 97 soon after all) but it doesn't feel necessarily imminent.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Toast said:

From that link:  Queen to start in 2018 London Marathon

[insert obvious joke here]

Duly inserted. Happy to oblige.

• Haha 1

he looks like shit tbf

• Haha 1

If he makes it to the end of this year, I'll be surprised. 

On 17/04/2018 at 10:55, Ulitzer95 said:

I still think he’ll see 100.

No he won't

Even the queen's last corgy has died before him : he will bury is All I swear 

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

You reckon he'll outlive Keith Richards?

9 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Holy fuck you gave me a bit of a fright! This being a very British orientated site I should have known you were trolling :P There would have been way more posts and as former Prime Minister of New Zealand I would have heard about it. 

• Haha 1

On 19/04/2018 at 23:06, Lafaucheuse said:

There's going to be a world one day in which only Keith Richards, Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri Sri and the Duke of Edinburgh remain. 

• Like 1

On 20/04/2018 at 00:13, Toast said:

You reckon he'll outlive Keith Richards?

of course, he will, he will even outlive Olivia de Havilland and Kirk Douglas. He'll probably assist to the burial of Prince George, his grand-grandson :P 

:lol:

A senior royal source has told how Prince Philip has taken to referring to Meghan as "the Dow". It stands for Duchess of Windsor, the former Wallis Simpson, whose affair with Edward VIII nearly destroyed the Royal Family.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/952400/lady-Gabriella-ex-boyfriend-kensington-palace-aatish-taseer

• Haha 2

"If he does attend, it is likely that he will be forced to do so with crutches or a walking stick."

If that doesn't work, they might have to try an electric cattle prod.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Toast said:

"If he does attend, it is likely that he will be forced to do so with crutches or a walking stick."

If that doesn't work, they might have to try an electric cattle prod.

It's pretty bad working isn't it. I'm sure it's his decision if he attends.

Personally the only interesting thing for me about the ongoing 24-hour borefest that is ‘Harrys wedding’ is whether Prince Phillip will be there. He’s supposed to be very close to William and Harry, if it really IS just old age hip trouble then he’ll be there - he’s more or less the frigging king, even if he’s too embarrassed to use sticks/a wheelchair then I’m sure there are 100 ways the Royal family could get him into the church without him being seen (or being seen to struggle at least). 

If he’s not there then I think he’s on the way out even as we speak. 

13 hours ago, coffee_and_candles said:

Personally the only interesting thing for me about the ongoing 24-hour borefest that is ‘Harrys wedding’ is whether Prince Phillip will be there. He’s supposed to be very close to William and Harry, if it really IS just old age hip trouble then he’ll be there - he’s more or less the frigging king, even if he’s too embarrassed to use sticks/a wheelchair then I’m sure there are 100 ways the Royal family could get him into the church without him being seen (or being seen to struggle at least). 

If he’s not there then I think he’s on the way out even as we speak. 

Come on Phil you can do it. (DIE THAT IS ).