BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

State Opening of Parliament preparations?

Should be portaloos permanently in Central London for the five year shitshow about to commence.

23 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

What is a portaloo company?

I think you folks call it a porta-potty.

Brits only use the noun 'potty' in reference to the plastic receptacles used when toilet training babies and small children.

'Potty' as an adjective is a slang term for mad, so when we talk about someone "going potty", we don't mean what Americans mean.  :D

• Haha 3

I think he should be number 1 next year on DL.

• Like 1

I didn't think the ordering had any significance?

6 minutes ago, Miranda lass said:

I didn't think the ordering had any significance?

The Ordering is kinda like: (Importance * Likeliness of Dying) + Time of Appearance

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

My best mates dad works for a portaloo company. They have been put on standby to go to Hyde Park - He is thinking it could be something to do with Phillip or the queen being seriously ill.

Unless anyone knows of a random event happening in Hyde Park soon that doesn't have a name.

Hyde Park Winter Wonderland expected to busier with the kids off now?

https://www.royalparks.org.uk/whats-on/upcoming-events/hyde-park-winter-wonderland?&f.Park|B=&&meta_d1year=2019&meta_d1month=Dec&meta_d1day=18&sort=metaS&num_ranks=12

And there's a c

• Like 1

In hospital. Sounds serious but then if he was really ill he probably stay at home to die like the Queen Mum did.

Surprised we told to be honest.

When he dies they won't be any ceremonial events so not sure portaloo's will be brought out (And the Queen seems in excellent health).

Hospitalised. Something pre-existing though, so probably no biggie. I still think he'll see 100.

EDIT: Beaten to it. :clivedunn: me.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

In hospital. Sounds serious but then if he was really ill he probably stay at home to die like the Queen Mum did.

Surprised we told to be honest.

Looks like 2020 is set to be a really big hurdle for him. 

The Queen went to Sandringham this morning now Philip has been sent to London.

ITV say not taken by Ambulance and it Was a planned admission and expected to be in for a few days.

His 4 sisters died in 1937 (!), 1969, 1981 & 2001 so difficult to know where he gets his longevity from.

Do you think the thread will spell his name correctly before he dies?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Do you think the thread will spell his name correctly before he dies?

Oh gawd, no. 

I suspect he's already carked it, and they held off announcing it to prevent yesterday's state opening of parliament to be delayed.

4 minutes ago, JQW said:

I suspect he's already carked it, and they held off announcing it to prevent yesterday's state opening of parliament to be delayed.

Why the hospital mention if that's the case?

1 hour ago, The Watcher said:

His 4 sisters died in 1937 (!), 1969, 1981 & 2001 so difficult to know where he gets his longevity from.

No need for the exclamation mark - she died in a plane crash. 

Anyway he was the youngest by some distance, so their years of death don't mean anything.

His mother and one of his sisters lived well into their eighties.  So did his grandmother Princess Victoria, so it might be a gene that's come down from Queen Victoria.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JQW said:

Bullshit.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Toast said:

No need for the exclamation mark - she died in a plane crash. 

Anyway he was the youngest by some distance, so their years of death don't mean anything.

His mother and one of his sisters lived well into their eighties.  So did his grandmother Princess Victoria, so it might be a gene that's come down from Queen Victoria.

Yes, he was the youngest by some years & one sister died in a plane crash aged 26 - apparently having just given birth to add to the tragedy - although some think the crash was due to the pilot trying to land urgently due to her condition. However, his father was only 62 when he died, & apart from the sister who reached 87, the others were only 63 & 76. It is generally believed that due to the Russian royal family being 'abandoned' by George V, it was felt that the same could not happen to 'Greek Phil' - otherwise he may have only been a footnote in history & rumoured to have been born on a kitchen table.

Don't think its anything serious going by news that the Queen is still going off on holiday anyway 

Helicopted to hospital and suffering flu like symptoms. Sounds like the end might be near.

36 minutes ago, dean1991 said:

Don't think its anything serious going by news that the Queen is still going off on holiday anyway 

Did the same thing when her dad died.

1 minute ago, redrumours said:

Did the same thing when her dad died.

Of course he died from a embolism.

He's 98 and not very well, so why subject him to a three-hour car journey if there's a helicopter at their disposal?

• Like 2

Hmhmhm... could be a long night.

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Hmhmhm... could be a long night.

Royal deaths never announced over night.