BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

They make a mention of him walking into the hospital - so if it's prepeing people for his demise it's not doing a very good job.

• Like 1

Though I do think that there is a small possibility that he prefers spending Christmas in hospital instead of with his family.

I believe this man doesn't give a single fuck anymore.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

48 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Royal deaths never announced over night.

Unless they're driven into a wall by a drink driver at 100mph, with a fleet of pepperazzi in hot pursuit. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

11 hours ago, The Watcher said:

His 4 sisters died in 1937 (!), 1969, 1981 & 2001 so difficult to know where he gets his longevity from.

Absolutely useless stats..... here's the readjusted ones..... (life expextancy is UK life expectancy because fuck trying to find Greek ones, I'd guess much of europe would be comparable - 'at birth' life expectancy.)

Prince Philip b. 1921 - Present (98 years)

Father - Prince Andrew of Greece 1882 - 1944 (Heart Failure/Arteriosclerosis) (62 years) [Life expectancy 40 years]

Mother - Alice of Battenburg 1885 - 1969 (old age) (84 years) [Life expectancy 56 years)

Princes Margarita 1905 - 1981 (old age) (76 years) [Life Expectancy 58 years]

Princess Theodora 1906 - 1969 (aged 63) [Life Expectancy 58 years]

Princess Cecile 1911 - 1937 (plane crash) [Life Expectany 63 years]

Princess Sophie 1914 - 2001 (old age) [Life Expectancy 63 years)

One of only two members of his family who didn't outlive life expectancy for the decade they were born died in a plane crash and both his parents died more than 20 years in excess of life expectancy, although being royalty it might be argued they could have lived even longer that's also true of Philip. However it's worth noting 'at birth life expectancy when he was born was 58.8 years. So he's 40 years past that, which far out does all of the rest of his family.

3 hours ago, Toast said:

He's 98 and not very well, so why subject him to a three-hour car journey if there's a helicopter at their disposal?

He's 98, ill and loaded. If I was the first and the third, or the latter two on their own I'd be in a plane to get to a hospital appointment if it warranted it, who wouldn't? All three is definitely fair grounds. Something could be going on (we won't know until tomorrow morning) but it would be odd for the Queen to go on holiday and the heir to the throne to piss of Canada if they though their was a serious chance of Philip snuffing it.

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Though I do think that there is a small possibility that he prefers spending Christmas in hospital instead of with his family.

I believe this man doesn't give a single fuck anymore.

It's Philip, even if he's genuinely ill you can guarantee he's pulled this trick on the Queen or the rest of the family for other important occasions.

Also I think there's a question of timing even if he is dead/about to die; the royal household would likely wait until after Christmas to announce it - can hardly see them wanting to overshadow an entire nation's Christmas celebrations with their family with a lying-in-state, royal funeral and several days of mourning. That may sound crass but it's exactly the kind of thing they'd consider.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Interesting timing to confirm this.

Maybe they are bringing it up now to downplay anything seriously wrong with Prince Philip- they might not be flying off to Canada if he was seriously ill.  Of course at 98, something could happen to him any time, we all know that!

Here's something interesting from another site I follow. These 'blinds' are always correct as they are from inside sources.

I do think its interesting that it was deemed necessary to announce that H & M are spending Christmas in Canada, especially as they've been there since Thanksgiving and no-one was bothered.

Now they are being asked to come home to visit the DoE...

https://blindgossip.com/christmas-crisis/ 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, deathisallaround said:

Here's something interesting from another site I follow. These 'blinds' are always correct as they are from inside sources.

I do think its interesting that it was deemed necessary to announce that H & M are spending Christmas in Canada, especially as they've been there since Thanksgiving and no-one was bothered.

Now they are being asked to come home to visit the DoE...

https://blindgossip.com/christmas-crisis/ 

Sometimes correct but sometimes the very obvious ones are click bait. The Queen doesn't seem to be wanting to visit him. And it only appeared once he went into hospital.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50877039?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter&ocid=socialflow_twitter

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7815385/Prince-Philip-HELICOPTER-hospital-dash-hospital.html

A long article with lots of new detail - a recent fall left him bedridden for two days but he seems to have recovered.

Hints best plan is him being discharged tommrow.

• Like 3

For the news media his demise between Christmas and New Year would be a Godsend. There are normally slim pickings for Bulletins. 

9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

For the news media his demise between Christmas and New Year would be a Godsend. There are normally slim pickings for Bulletins. 

Nor for the staff through.

By how it sounds i think he is having something like a blood transfusion or other specific treatment - the mail claims it's a treatment he had before.

8 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Nor for the staff through.

They have probably got a lot of stuff ready to run. Might be easier than covering floods in the West Country

• Like 1

Harry's relationship with his grandad has always been very close even by royal standards. There is absolutely zero chance he continues to hang around in the Americas if the family actually thought this was it for Philip.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Harry's relationship with his grandad has always been very close even by royal standards. There is absolutely zero chance he continues to hang around in the Americas if the family actually thought this was it for Philip.

Charles still went to Switzerland as the Queen Mum was close to death.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, msc said:

I'm not so sure;  there's a whiny wifey in the picture now.

• Like 3

If he's picked for 2020 but then turns out to have died at the end of 2019 would his place in the list be replaced?

Duke of Edinburgh to spend 'several more days'in  hospital. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/21/prince-philip-stays-a-few-more-days-in-hospital It's starting to look  a bit more serious than they've been letting on.Clearly they want to downplay whatever it is that's wrong with him  ...

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Duke of Edinburgh to spend 'several more days'in  hospital. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/21/prince-philip-stays-a-few-more-days-in-hospital It's starting to look  a bit more serious than they've been letting on.Clearly they want to downplay whatever it is that's wrong with him  ...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10603066/prince-george-christmas-pudding-queen/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunmaintwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1576968418

Determined to make 100.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7817529/A-shadow-Sandringham.html

This sounds serious through Charles kept to his engagement today.

Through if he was close to the end I doubt he would even go to hospital - they must be something they treating him for. Otherwise he would simply have medical staff come to him and die at Wood House or Sandringham - the queen mum was ill for days before she died but wasn’t in hospital / neither was princess Alice, 

Daily Mail says the queen looked worried while the daily express says Philip is fighting to get well. The mirror says he is laughing with doctors but might not be out by Christmas Day.