BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

6 hours ago, Comped said:

From what I understand, this is in line with the wishes of both the Queen and Philip. 

It doesn't matter what they wanted. They're deed. ;) The Queen had 70 years to make her mark; the new King will significantly less time to make his. 

Anyway, does nobody agree with me he looks extremely thin?

• Like 1

He’s definitely thinner, though I wouldn’t say extremely so.  What did strike me is how much like his grandfather, George VI, he looks now. Since George didn’t make it much past his 56th birthday, that’s possibly not a comparison he’d welcome!

Yes, I noticed his resemblance to George VI, particularly in profile, when they were doing the vigil for the Queen.

3 hours ago, Windsor said:

It doesn't matter what they wanted. They're deed. ;) The Queen had 70 years to make her mark; the new King will significantly less time to make his.

Well, he's done what they wanted and done it in an elegant way that ensures that his father's title will endure.

Eddie in Edinburgh yesterday.  Looking pretty spry and his resemblance to his grandfather George VI is unmissable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Windsor said:

Anyway, does nobody agree with me he looks extremely thin?

I agree he has lost a lot of weight, but as a well-padded first-world woman I think we're all so used to seeing fat or chunky folks that we've lost our eye for a healthy normal.  Edward could have gone vegan for all we know.  I think he's slender but doesn't look ill. 

• Like 1