BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Isn't he also related to Vlad the impaler going back about 14-15 generations?

Not sure, but it's eminently possible. Possibly a clue could be found here.

I found this story although it only indicates that Prince Charles is related doesn't mention Philip though

I found this story although it only indicates that Prince Charles is related doesn't mention Philip though

The article says that Charlie's great-grandmother (Queen Mary) was a descendent of Vlad. Not sure about that, but Queen Mary's grandmother was a daughter of a Transylvanian count.

A lovely article about Prince Philip and how, in one part of the world, he is believed to be immortal, the son of an ancient spirit who inhabits a nearby mountain.

"Despite worshipping the prince for half a century, the villagers [...] only learnt recently that his birthday falls on June 10. Ambitious plans are under way to celebrate the occasion this year.

There will be dancing and a feast. Chief Jack Naiva has acquired a Union Jack, which will be raised and saluted. But the celebrations will only really be complete if Prince Philip turns up, say the tribespeople.

"You must tell King Philip that I'm getting old and I want him to come and visit me before I die," said the white-haired chief, who thinks he is about 80. "If he can't come perhaps he could send us something: a Land Rover, bags of rice or a little money"

Everyone is related to everyone if you go back about 2000 generations

Or if you visit New Pitsligo.

Or Devizes.

Guest me

he aint gonna die any time soon is he

he aint gonna die any time soon is he

With someone of his age, you cannot say that he isn't going to die anytime soon, but I think it very unlikely. I'm sure he'll still be here in five years time...

Or Devizes.

Indeed, everybody is related to everybody in New Pitsligo.

As for everybody being realted to everyone else, we can measure this by the amount to people who claim to have a connection to Charlemagne. There are a good few people in the geneaology circles claiming descent from him. I'm about 42/43 generations down from him.

Being related to everybody does have a downside. I was horrified to find that Princess Diana was one of my very distant cousins.

Anyway. The Duke of Edinburgh is is great health for his age but at 87 he can't have that much more left in him. I think he will be dead by 90 though. Just a hunch.

Or Devizes.

OMG Wadworth 6X comes from there. If they don't sell it in heaven I dom't want to go !

BTW Devises is still an odd place.

Razor

In this day in age I really don't think royalty should have a place on this earth ...

That's just my opinion.

In this day in age I really don't think royalty should have a place on this earth ...

That's just my opinion.

In this day in age some people really don't think Banshees Scream should have a place on this earth ...

That's just their opinion.

I agree, BS. We should build them a big palace on the Moon instead, from where they could observe the mundane trivialities of their Earth-bound subjects.

Imagine the scene; Prince Phil looking through a huge telescope (maybe they could use the Hubble once it's been decommissioned), making hilariously demeaning comments about the many naked, ignorant cannibals he can see:

Phil: Look at all those bloody nig-nogs, Liz, with their plate-lips and their cocks all hanging out. f*****g savages.

Liz: Yes... well, that's New York for you!

Phil: Mr. Burrell, prepare the royal laser-beam! Mwuah-ha-ha-ha-HA!

Eee hemm .... O and Mr. Burrel it's been nearly fifteen minutes since I've asked for my teee ... bring it to me at once landarbeiter ..... Ehhhemma.

Anyway, I think we all have seriously had enough of this discussion. So I wanted to change the subject and ask how Patrick Moore has been these days? I see he is even inspiring how you've been posting, Star Crossed. . I imagine him like the Don Rinkles of Astronomy. I wasn't privileged to watch a man who is still running his show after fifty something years. I bet you never miss an episode.

If there is a wedding that Sunday night, Star Crossed is home with pneumonia.

I hear that the British press are sitting on lots of juicy information about all of the Prince's affairs. I can't wait to read all of that! And yet, we will probably have to wait for the Queen to die. It is out of respect for her that these things haven't been published.

The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital due to a chest infection.

Let's hope there's plenty of nurses there from the various countries around the globe he has offended ready to take his temperature the old-fashioned way.

The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital due to a chest infection.

Article stolen from The Spoof magazine. :)

London - (Ass Mess): The Duke of Edinburgh was rushed to hospital today after Buckingham Palace officials became worried he had 'caught something nasty' from Carla Bruni last week.

The two were reported as having experienced 'a classic period of missing time' at Windsor Castle during the State Banquet before being found in a dishevelled state inspecting the throne room.

Since then Philip has been a gibbering wreck, speaking in tongues, mooching around in royal residences sporting an array of designer toupees and singing 'I Love Paris In The Springtime'.

"Philip is suffering from boil on the bum syndrome," Lord Chamberlain Lord Luce-Cannon said today, "as well as carpet burns to his kneecaps, elbows and chin.

"Unfortunately these have become inflamed with the Staphylococcus aureus bug.

"The Maudsley Hospital's men in white coats don't normally treat these minor bodily reactions.

"But they've made an exception for the wily old bugger."

Camilla is foaming at the mouth.

Now an heir apparent has emerged for the title of Prince of Gaffs (step forward Harry) and after years of faithful service opening his mouth and putting his royal foot in it... surely Prince Phillip of Corfu deserves a place on your esteemed list.

Now an heir apparent has emerged for the title of Prince of Gaffs (step forward Harry) and after years of faithful service opening his mouth and putting his royal foot in it... surely Prince Phillip of Corfu deserves a place on your esteemed list.

They do say that certain "genes" skip a generation....