BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Personally, I can't wait until the Greek pops it, because only then will we see stories emerging about the Profumo affair and his possible involvement in it.

Stories about this have been surfacing on a regular basis across the USA over the decades, and if ever a country can create a conspiracy theory, it has to be Uncle Sam.

Having said that he will never die from hard work, as since 1947 when he hit the jackpot by marrying the fragrant princess, he hasn't done a days work.

Wasn't there a sniff of involvement with a singer called Louise Cordet and the actress Pat Kirkwood, although I suppose not at the same time.

Jealous much... :rolleyes:

I personally subscribe to the reptoid hypothesis; that they are all members of the reptilian elite. :glare:

• Like 1

Personally, I can't wait until the Greek pops it, because only then will we see stories emerging about the Profumo affair and his possible involvement in it.

Stories about this have been surfacing on a regular basis across the USA over the decades, and if ever a country can create a conspiracy theory, it has to be Uncle Sam.

Having said that he will never die from hard work, as since 1947 when he hit the jackpot by marrying the fragrant princess, he hasn't done a days work.

Wasn't there a sniff of involvement with a singer called Louise Cordet and the actress Pat Kirkwood, although I suppose not at the same time.

A list of those allegdly bedded by DOE would make Deathray's infamous list in Political Frailty look short and inconsequential.

• Like 4

Wow, apparently Phil chose to drop into a Little Chef in Doncaster a few days ago while he was on his way to some horsey event with the Queen.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/prince-philip-visits-little-chef-4034547

But he didn't order anything....... which is probably why he's still alive.

• Like 3

Wow, apparently Phil chose to drop into a Little Chef in Doncaster a few days ago while he was on his way to some horsey event with the Queen.

http://www.dailyreco...le-chef-4034547

But he didn't order anything....... which is probably why he's still alive.

From that web article:

Royal Breakfast, which consists of steak, bacon, sausage, fried eggs, mushrooms, potatoes, tomato, beans and toast.

Don't they have anything with spam in it?

regards,

Hein

Customer:

Morning,

Waitress:

Morning.

Customer:

What have you got?

Waitress:

Well, there's egg and bacon,

egg sausage and bacon

Egg and spam

Egg, bacon and spam

Egg, bacon, sausage and spam

Spam, bacon, sausage and spam

Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam

Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam tomato and spam

Spam, spam, spam, egg and spam

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely Spam! Lovely Spam!)

Or Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce

served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines

garnished with truffle pate, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

Wife:

Have you got anything without spam?

Waitress:

Well, the spam, eggs, sausage and spam

That's not got much spam in it

Wife:

I don't want any spam!

Customer:

Why can't she have eggs, bacon, spam and sausage?

Wife:

That's got spam in it!

Customer:

Hasn't got much spam in it as spam, eggs, sausage and spam has it?

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam!...)

Wife:

Could you do me eggs, bacon, spam and sausage without the spam, then?

Waitress:

Iiiiiiiiiiiich!!

Wife:

What do you mean 'Iiiiiiiiiich'? I don't like spam!

(Choir: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress (to choir):

Shut up!

(Choir: Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress:

Shut Up! Bloody Vikings!

You can't have egg, bacon, spam and sausage without the spam.

Wife:

I don't like spam!

Customer:

Shush dear, don't have a fuss. I'll have your spam. I love it,

I'm having spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans,

spam, spam, spam, and spam!

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!)

Waitress:

Shut Up!! Baked beans are off.

Customer:

Well, could I have her spam instead of the baked beans then?

Waitress:

You mean spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam,

spam and spam?

Choir (intervening):

Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam!

Lovely spam! Wonderful spam!

Spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam spa-a-a-a-a-am spam.

Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam! Lovely spam!

Spam spam spam spam!

• Like 3

Reading today that , now with Dickie Attenborough going to the great pavilion in the sky, Prince Philip is the last surviving member of the Lords Taverners which began in 1950, with 100 members.

How does the old bugger keep going??

How does the old bugger keep going??

Cushy job, best health care money can buy, likes a good laugh...

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

WHat job???????? Never done a days work in his life since marrying the fragrant princess in 1947.

Good luck to him.

I wasn't aware Australia does knighthoods, Sir Bruce sounds strange. Of course the Greek isn't a Bruce.

regards,

Hein

I wasn't aware Australia does knighthoods, Sir Bruce sounds strange. Of course the Greek isn't a Bruce.

regards,

Hein

We didn't until last year when this PM brought them back. At the time it was considered a bizarre throwback to a bygone age but now with this year's award to the Duke, people are angry/embarrassed and the PM has become a national laughing stock. Between this and all of his other screw-ups, back-flips and and plummeting poll figures, I think he will be gone by April, especially if his party lose this weekend's Queensland State election (they hold the state by a massive majority so if they lose it after just one term, which is a real possibility based on current polling with a 13% swing against them, it will be one of the biggest upsets in Australian political history...)

• Like 1

regards,

Hein

LOL - just had a quick look and there was indeed at least one Sir Bruce back in the day when knighthoods were the norm before the phasing out and last year's reintroduction:

http://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2008/11/uq-remembers-sir-bruce-watson-ac

"He was knighted in 1985 in recognition of his distinguished service to Queensland industry..." I thought they had been phased out much earlier than that, back in Gough's time, actually so it is a surprise they were doing them so late.

LOL - just had a quick look and there was indeed at least one Sir Bruce back in the day when knighthoods were the norm before the phasing out and last year's reintroduction:

http://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2008/11/uq-remembers-sir-bruce-watson-ac

I see he was a professor (UoQ, rather than UoW), so I suppose his name came with the job.

regards,

Hein

I can just imagine the conversation at Buckingham Palace this morning.

QEII "I say Philip, the Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has just made you a knight"

Phil the Greek "Who does that #$%$##$%wombat riding, koala fondling, kangaroo jockey think he is giving me a demotion?"

Very hard to think what Abbott was thinking here. I believe the system here is that every year that 2 knighthoods/damehoods (is that the word?) can be given to extraordinary Australians. And so Abbott could think of no-one in Australia more deserving than Philip. I think Abbott has shown an unbelievable lack of awareness to go around cabinet and award this honour.

I think Rolf Harris should be practising his acceptance speech for next year if this is an example of the level of thought that goes into these appointments.

• Like 2

QEII "I say Philip, the Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has just made you a knight"

Phil the Greek "Who does that #$%$##$%wombat riding, koala fondling, kangaroo jockey think he is giving me a demotion?"

Very hard to think what Abbott was thinking here. I believe the system here is that every year that 2 knighthoods/damehoods (is that the word?) can be given to extraordinary Australians. And so Abbott could think of no-one in Australia more deserving than Philip. I think Abbott has shown an unbelievable lack of awareness to go around cabinet and award this honour.

I think Rolf Harris should be practising his acceptance speech for next year if this is an example of the level of thought that goes into these appointments.

Abbott has also dismissed all criticism of his decision in online forums as "digital graffiti". Way to go dismissing the voice of public opinion there... :P If I were Julie Bishop, I'd be calling some interior decorators to discuss how I want to revamp the Lodge for when I move in...

Is Julie Bishop the next cab off the rank? Personally, I would prefer Turnbull, although when you compare Bishop with most of the senior LNP ministers she is certainly one of the best. Hockey must be a chance although be is arguably a greater political liability than Abbott. If Christopher Pyne becomes the next prime minister I will move.

If nothing else if we replace Abbott with Bishop we are getting closer to the right hand of God. At least in the absence of a Cardinal or a Pope.

Apologies to all non-Australian DLers. I will no longer comment about Australian politics in this thread and allow it to return to its true purpose of discussing the likelihood of the Duke of Edinburgh's death.

• Like 1

Is Julie Bishop the next cab off the rank? Personally, I would prefer Turnbull, although when you compare Bishop with most of the senior LNP ministers she is certainly one of the best. Hockey must be a chance although be is arguably a greater political liability than Abbott. If Christopher Pyne becomes the next prime minister I will move.

If nothing else if we replace Abbott with Bishop we are getting closer to the right hand of God. At least in the absence of a Cardinal or a Pope.

Apologies to all non-Australian DLers. I will no longer comment about Australian politics in this thread and allow it to return to its true purpose of discussing the likelihood of the Duke of Edinburgh's death.

Yes, most people are thinking it will be her. Turnbull isn't popular with the hard right faction of the party and, although he got away with it, I think members of the general public will remember his role in Ute-gate and it would come up again if he were ever in. Pyne, Scott Morrison and Brandis all terrify me. Don't know about Hockey's chances after the budget, so there isn't anyone much left. Surely not Kevin Andrews? :P

Back on topic, well Prince Phillip can die a contented man now, can't he? After all, now he has his Australian knighthood, what else is there to live for? He has the lot in life. :)

EDIT: Had a brain-fade this morning. Brandis is, of course, a senator.

Is it the case that Tony is thinking in a few years they will be looking to award a knighthood and the name of that fantastic chap who used to be PM will come up "It seems only right that he should have one......."

By the way I have been enjoying this spotlight on Australian politics as it distracts us from the fact that Phil isn't actually dead yet (and is very informative)

• Like 1

By the way I have been enjoying this spotlight on Australian politics as it distracts us from the fact that Phil isn't actually dead yet (and is very informative)

To quote a recently returned old member of this forum:

Deathlist.net, it's not just entertainment, it's an education.

regards,

Hein

• Like 2

Surely there's no point having the old greek on here for another two or three years. It's not like he's gone to die this year anyways

Now our real ruler, Rupert Murdoch, is calling for Tony Abbott's chief of staff, Peta Credlin, to resign over the decision:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-28/pm-announces-national-domestic-violence-order-scheme/6051136

:blink:

In a Twitter post, media mogul Rupert Murdoch called for Ms Credlin to "do her patriotic duty and resign".

Abbott has also dismissed all criticism of his decision in online forums as "digital graffiti". Way to go dismissing the voice of public opinion there... :P If I were Julie Bishop, I'd be calling some interior decorators to discuss how I want to revamp the Lodge for when I move in...

At this point Harold Bishop might be in with a shout...

• Like 2