BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Hmm. One suspects this will become a busier thread within the next year then.

• Like 3

Predictions anyone?

11th August for me

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonNgoat said:

Predictions anyone?

11th August for me

Oct 23rd. He will just miss their 70th wedding anniversary.

More info coming through:  "Buckingham Palace said in a statement it was the Duke's decision taken with the  support of the Queen."

He is 95 FFS and will only retire at 96 - most people retire at 65 - 70 and are dead or in a retirement home by 95 only able to walk with aid of a zimmer frame.

At some point if he lived to 100 he would only be able to fulfil duties being pushed around in a wheelchair and there is simply no need for him to do that when he has a family full of people capable of cutting ribbons (although someone will have to step up to the plate on the casual racism).

So for sure he is going to die soon, he's 95, but the only thing that gives food for suspicions about his health is the urgency with which this has been done.

Anyhow he's not even retiring until the autumn so I'm not panicking about my inverse dead pool team yet. 

• Like 1

Yeah that puts a more positive spin on it. When I saw the news above, it was being reported as "with immediate effect", not "this Autumn".

50 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Phil as he looked yesterday:

nintchdbpict000321226383-e1493871622854.

He is looking more and more lizard-like all the time. 

My father-in-law is over 10-years with Alzheimers. It still could be a long time for this to end.  Most die after 3-years.  I vote 2018 given his age. 

They all must know Phil can't carry on much longer anyway. I am seeing journo rumours that this is really about Trump's visit this autumn.

Trump doesn't want to meet Charles as Charles intends to give him an ear bashing about climate change. With Phil retired, Charles is now senior male Royal so if Trump wants the photo op with the most senior male Royal, he has no option but to get an ear bashing off Charles. Either that or he is forced to be contented with pics of himself paying homage to a crowned Head of State who just happens to strongly resemble the little old lady who does the service washes down the laundromat Game, Set, Match to the Royals...  it's only a theory though.

• Like 1

Why announce this now?

Surely they could wait until after the election if he's going to carry on until autumn?

Also why announce it at 3am in the morning?

• Like 3

In line with Pip's inspirational service, Theresa will announce tomorrow that the pension age for everyone will rise to 96.

Well, if they can do it, you can...

• Like 2

Given Corbyn would abolish the monarchy anyone reckon they're trying to make sure May wins with jingistic feeling.

4 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Given Corbyn would abolish the monarchy anyone reckon they're trying to make sure May wins with jingistic feeling.

Would he though, would he really?

The Queen, Wills and Kate, maybe even bastard boy Harry - there is a lot of love for the Royals at the mo - much more than when Randy Andy and Fergie were cavorting around wasting our money and Charles was shagging Camilla the Horse whilst married to Princess Diana the Slag.

• Like 1

This is all too suspicious...

There had to be a motive behind it to hold an emergency meeting in the middle of the night.

In terms of sweepstakes, I will take April 21, 2019. I don't think he's really in such bad shape, and retirement will only better his health. All that waving must have been terrible for his arthritis!

• Like 3

I spoke to him in person in February this year at my Duke of Edinburgh presentation. He looked very well for a 95 year old, I think he has at least a year left in him yet. 

How can prince Phillip even retire?

30 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

This is all too suspicious...

There had to be a motive behind it to hold an emergency meeting in the middle of the night.

In terms of sweepstakes, I will take April 21, 2019. I don't think he's really in such bad shape, and retirement will only better his health. All that waving must have been terrible for his arthritis!

The Queen's Birthday? 

28 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

The Queen's Birthday? 

Oh wow, I didn't even remember that will be the Queen's birthday. I was actually going for Easter (which falls on April 21st in 2019), because Prince Philip always seemed like a springtime death to me.

I was hoping to at least see his bucket list.

• Like 1

1) Shag one of those slitty eyed women

2) Go to where those golliwogs make their marmalade

3) Find a British woman who can cook

4) Find a way to enjoy himself in Canada

5) Throw spears with the Aborigines

6) Shag The Queen  (2nd June 1953)

etc, etc, etc

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

1) Shag one of those slitty eyed women

2) Go to where those golliwogs make their marmalade

3) Find a British woman who can cook

4) Find a way to enjoy himself in Canada

5) Throw spears with the Aborigines

etc, etc, etc

6) The London Marathon dressed as a woman flipping pancakes.