BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Average life expectancy of a male 96 year old (his birthday was only 11 days ago) is 2.6 years with a 28.66% chance of dying before he is 97.

So he's a good bet for #1 on next year's DL, then 

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So he's a good bet for #1 on next year's DL, then 

He's a good bet for #15 after newcomers Stefan Karl, Colin Meads, Johnny Hallyday, Olivia Newton-John, Charlotte Rae, Barbara Bush, a handful of people who will announce their illness later this year, and a handful of potential survivors from this year's list who are very ill (Bracknell, Downie, King Michael, Booth, Campbell, Stiles, Gascoine, Dawn, H. W. Bush).

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

He's a good bet for #15 after newcomers Stefan Karl, Colin Meads, Johnny Hallyday, Olivia Newton-John, Charlotte Rae, Barbara Bush, a handful of people who will announce their illness later this year, and a handful of potential survivors from this year's list who are very ill (Bracknell, Downie, King Michael, Booth, Campbell, Stiles, Gascoine, Dawn, H. W. Bush).

Not to mention current deathlist favorite Kirk Douglas is still alive as well...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, msc said:

Ongoing being 96-ishness.

I mean, it is a fair bet he wont be around within 18 months of this post, on age alone.

Well family over there have told me that the British are going through a nasty heatwave, oldies suffer in extreme temperatures could finish him off even if the palace/hospital is air-conditioned. how is it over there?

5 minutes ago, Body Snatcher 44 said:

Well family over there have told me that the British are going through a nasty heatwave, oldies suffer in extreme temperatures could finish him off even if the palace/hospital is air-conditioned. how is it over there?

Even in Scotland it's boiling.

Heading for highest June temperatures since 1976. I remember that summer well, it was horrid, followed by one of the nastiest winters.

Time for Mother Nature to take over reaping duties for the rest of the year.

• Like 1

We should stop being so negative and enjoy this beautiful weather. Young wily you should enjoy summer by stopping by a farm and watching hot 20 something's work up a sweat.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

We should stop being so negative and enjoy this beautiful weather. Young wily you should enjoy summer by stopping by a farm and watching hot 20 something's work up a sweat.

Careful, seemingly innocuous jokes like that drove Cat away.

2 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Actually my young scallywag I have heat and light sensitivity to extreme weather. And in Scotland that's up to about 24 degrees. :lol:

All a throwback to when I had meningitis as a kid. Summer is and shall always be horrid. 'Mon the autumn!

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Actually my young scallywag I have heat and light sensitivity to extreme weather. And in Scotland that's up to about 24 degrees. :lol:

All a throwback to when I had meningitis as a kid. Summer is and shall always be horrid. 'Mon the autumn!

Maybe buy a house overlooking a beach?

Yeah, I seen y'all Brits complaining about the "heat wave" with temps at 30°C. 

We call that "summer" here in America. Cultural differences, man.

• Like 6

Yeah, but minus 15C is "maybe put on a jumper" weather here.

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Yeah, but minus 15C is "maybe put on a jumper" weather here.

Same here in Chicago. People even wear shorts in the winter! 

Certainly interesting to live in a climate where anywhere from -30C to 40C is considered the norm. :P

• Like 1

Still think he'll make the year, though I do think his retirement was due to health-related issues rather then age.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Not to mention current deathlist favorite Kirk Douglas is still alive as well...

Well?

Not sure of that myself

Charlie was looking very old and worried last night, too.  Just aging badly or stressed about his dad?

the-queen-prince-charles-state-opening-t

256412.jpg

16 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Charlie was looking very old and worried last night, too.  Just aging badly or stressed about his dad?

256412.jpg

Good point, I'd say he's thinking about his dad, maybe he knows something we don't?

That being said, I do feel he's aged rather poorly despite Phillip's condition.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LilyForrester said:

Good point, I'd say he's thinking about his dad, maybe he knows something we don't?

That being said, I do feel he's aged rather poorly despite Phillip's condition.

He's always had a concerned look on his face. It's only going to get worse as he ages :( 

Prince Phillip has now left hospital but not in the glare of publicity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

256412.jpg

Just a miserable sod as usual.Was probably more worried about the prospect of reading out Corbyn`s speeches when he is king.In fairness to Charlie though most kids look bored as hell during bring your child to work day :P

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

256412.jpg

The queen looks sad as well. Something is seriously wrong with Phillip.

4 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Comparison of pics from now to just recently.

IMG_1306.JPG

IMG_1307.PNG

He's obviously having a health decline. Quite sad tbh.

• Like 3