BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Well this is a funny, I feel the death is actually in Harry's hands. If Harry goes ahead and does marry that Megan, because she is a ethnic minority, it could make the Duke feel sick and possibly kill him off. 

35 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Is it juvenile that I find this Mugabe bloke genuinely funny?

That would look very bad out of context!

The funniest thing about him is that he is obviously just a puny little lily-white Pommy bloke.

That said, "burning like an African farm with cladding" is a classic, so I'll give credit where it is due.

• Like 1

Out and about today at the funeral of the Countess Mountbatten of Burma. Not in a wheelchair looking OK.

When Philip dies, I wonder what happens to that religion that worships him. The cargo cult in the Pacific.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Is it juvenile that I find this Mugabe bloke genuinely funny?

That would look very bad out of context!

I actually laughed out loud when he called Joey racist.

• Like 5

On 28.6.2017 at 13:13, Bibliogryphon said:

Out and about today at the funeral of the Countess Mountbatten of Burma. Not in a wheelchair looking OK.

Maybe he needs some inspiration for his own ceremony :D

• Like 2

I attended the garden party at Holyrood yesterday and got to see Philip up close. I'm not a royalist but I love him and was far more excited to see him than the Queen.

When they arrive they came down a steep stone staircase with around twenty steps, and both managed that fine. They then split up and did a separate meet and greet circuit each for about forty minutes before going into the tea tent. I had unknowingly managed to end up on his route.

It took him ages to get around but he was stopping every few feet and talking to dozens of people, so no real indication of his abilities. When he appeared in front of me he seemed in remarkably good form for a man his age. Walking and standing straight, unaided unless you count his rolled up umbrella. Shorter than I expected but I suppose he's shrunk a bit. The familiar aged skin. He appeared to have a tiny hearing aid behind his left ear, but seemed very alert and responsive in conversation. As you can see, he's also a snazzy dresser.

DSC_1847.JPG

• Like 11

1 hour ago, prussianblue said:

I attended the garden party at Holyrood yesterday and got to see Philip up close. I'm not a royalist but I love him and was far more excited to see him than the Queen.

When they arrive they came down a steep stone staircase with around twenty steps, and both managed that fine. They then split up and did a separate meet and greet circuit each for about forty minutes before going into the tea tent. I had unknowingly managed to end up on his route.

It took him ages to get around but he was stopping every few feet and talking to dozens of people, so no real indication of his abilities. When he appeared in front of me he seemed in remarkably good form for a man his age. Walking and standing straight, unaided unless you count his rolled up umbrella. Shorter than I expected but I suppose he's shrunk a bit. The familiar aged skin. He appeared to have a tiny hearing aid behind his left ear, but seemed very alert and responsive in conversation. As you can see, he's also a snazzy dresser.

DSC_1847.JPG

It's Burlington Bertie.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2017 at 04:38, redrumours said:

It's Burlington Bertie.

From Bow???

8 hours ago, chiesa52 said:

From Bow???

100/30.

• Like 1

Just our luck BOW BELLES has just won the 2.55 at Ripon at  14/1.

Next Wednesday  (2nd August) will be the Duke's final official engagement.  After that form studying opportunities will be limited to 'events' . Do you think he would go to Camilla's funeral?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Next Wednesday  (2nd August) will be the Duke's final official engagement.  After that form studying opportunities will be limited to 'events' . Do you think he would go to Camilla's funeral?

Yes, he will attend Camilla´s funeral. Someone needs to dance on her her grave. He has always tried to fullfill his duties to the best of his ability. Something tells me that he will enjoy this obligation. 

• Like 3

Any reason to suspect Camilla is ill? Asking for a friend...

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Any reason to suspect Camilla is ill? Asking for a friend...

Just wishful thinking

Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

Just wishful thinking

Strange.

tbh, for someone who married a royal, Camilla seems relatively harmless. Much prefer her to that Diana...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

Strange.

tbh, for someone who married a royal, Camilla seems relatively harmless. Much prefer her to that Diana...

Seriously? There are many who blame her directly for the whole Charles and Diana mess. In my long list she is described as an Adultress. Diana was a great piece of Royal Family PR she epitomised the concept of "A Real Princess" cf The Princess and the Pea

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Seriously? There are many who blame her directly for the whole Charles and Diana mess. In my long list she is described as an Adultress. Diana was a great piece of Royal Family PR she epitomised the concept of "A Real Princess" cf The Princess and the Pea

Well, that James Hewitt, eh? :P

Well, one party blabbed about everything, and the other remains rather guarded, so it's a bit easy to assume, when likely both were thrown into a marriage neither wanted.

But meh, never liked Diana - always struck me as a very PR savvy saleswoman, with no realness.

• Like 4

Just now, msc said:

Well, that James Hewitt, eh? :P

Well, one party blabbed about everything, and the other remains rather guarded, so it's a bit easy to assume, when likely both were thrown into a marriage neither wanted.

But meh, never liked Diana - always struck me as a very PR savvy saleswoman, with no realness.

Have you met the Countess of Wessex?

Sure, we're meeting for tea on Friday. Big Doctor Who fan, you know.

:P

• Like 2

I think te old goat will take 100

4 minutes ago, runebomme said:

I think te old goat will take 100

Don't know. He does seem to be getting frailer especially now that he's retiring from public life. Not life threatening yet, but...

if i was a gambling man I would say 2 years 6 months

but being a bit of an optimist he will reach 100