BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

3 hours ago, torbrexbones said:

8am news on radio 2 said that he was going to attend at the Cenotaph, now that he hasn't I wonder what will be said.

Might have just been newsreader mistake.

He didn't attend last year despite still driving in January this year so not evidence alone he is close to the end.

Princess Beatrice wedding next year - he might attend that.

3 hours ago, theoldlady said:

OMG! Hope this won`t be another Bracknell situation where his death will be mentioned several weeks after the event. :huh:

No precedent of the royals doing that.

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Might have just been newsreader mistake.

He didn't attend last year despite still driving in January this year so not evidence alone he is close to the end.

If he doesn’t attend that, then we know for definite he’s toast. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

He might consider death the preferred option to that.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Death Duke said:

If he doesn’t attend that, then we know for definite he’s toast. 

I am not the Duke of Edinburgh.  Please desist from spreading unfounded rumours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

Think you are reading too much into his absence from the Cenotaph.

This involves laying a wreath, listening to some speeches and then watching a march past of 10,000 veterans.

In other words it's extremely boring and no one in their right mind would go to it if they didn't have to (assuming they aren't a veteran, boy scout or someone else with skin in the game).

Wait until someone organises carriage racing (or page 3 girl nude mud-wrestling) in the mall. If he still doesn't put in an appearance then I'll believe he's dead (or about to be). Otherwise I'll continue to believe he just found something more interesting to do this morning than lay a wreath and watch a march past.

12 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Think you are reading too much into his absence from the Cenotaph.

This involves laying a wreath, listening to some speeches and then watching a march past of 10,000 veterans.

In other words it's extremely boring and no one in their right mind would go to it if they didn't have to (assuming they aren't a veteran, boy scout or someone else with skin in the game).

Wait until someone organises carriage racing (or page 3 girl nude mud-wrestling) in the mall. If he still doesn't put in an appearance then I'll believe he's dead (or about to be). Otherwise I'll continue to believe he just found something more interesting to do this morning than lay a wreath and watch a march past.

Prince Phillip is himself a veteran. He was also patron of a number of military organisations . So he has 'skin in the game'. However as this is tbe second year running for a no show it seems to be Royal Family policy rather than impending death

1 hour ago, markb4 said:

Apparently Prince Charles has gone to meet his father to discuss the Prince Andrew situation, but Twitter-ers suspect something else:

https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/prince-philip-health-concern-676222

Seems perfectly believable that the old boy would want to have his say about Andrew's behaviour.

• Like 1

How come that when someone on the list dies, all the other folks seem to be having something going on about them all of a sudden?

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2019/12/04/prince-philip-told-prince-andrew-take-punishment-summoning-son/

Well enough to 'summon' Prince Andrew to drive over 100 miles to see him at Sandringham so he could tell his son to his face  that he needs to take his punishment. 

Would said punishment be along the lines of say, 50 lashes from a 17 year old Dominatrix? 

• Haha 1

If the DOE died today or tomorrow do you think the General Election would be postponed? (not that I have any inside info that he might btw)

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

If the DOE died today or tomorrow do you think the General Election would be postponed? (not that I have any inside info that he might btw)

no, too much organisation gone into it.

4 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

It gets postponed if the Queen dies. Not Prince Phil. 

Although you'd assume if either died between now and Thursday the royal house and the PM would agree to announce it after the election. 

Nah he wont die, he'll be hanging in for the 2020 milestone

My best mates dad works for a portaloo company. They have been put on standby to go to Hyde Park - He is thinking it could be something to do with Phillip or the queen being seriously ill.

Unless anyone knows of a random event happening in Hyde Park soon that doesn't have a name.

• Like 1

It's rare to have events in Hyde Park at this time of year - unless it's for the annual dip in the Serpentine.

51 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

My best mates dad works for a portaloo company. They have been put on standby to go to Hyde Park - He is thinking it could be something to do with Phillip or the queen being seriously ill.

Unless anyone knows of a random event happening in Hyde Park soon that doesn't have a name.

I hope the Palace have remembered to tip off the Glow Light vendors too.

In all honesty though, i would not be surpised if that is the case regarding your mates dad.

Maybe Prince Philip is just planning a walk but with his prostate troubles he wants to make sure he can make it from toilet to toilet?

He has been really quiet the last few months .

7 minutes ago, DeathClock said:

What is a portaloo company?

It's how the English say Port-a-John. So cute!

5 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

It's how the English say Port-a-John. So cute!

And people piss on the seat and the floor rather than the bowl.