BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Cool. Hopefully that means Saxa might get his proper obituary after all.

I mean the guy played with Desmond Dekker and Prince Buster as well as The Beat and was a fully paid up member of the latter.

Yet not a sniff from the mainstream media...

• Like 1

I agree he isn't dead he was out and about only yesterday possible I suppose he had a sudden heart attack or stroke but it will end up being a big fuss about nothing 

Typical something big may have happened today when I was in London *yesterday*. I could have had a nosey outside Buckingham Palace (plus it's a Pokestop so that's handy as well). I've been up all night too so don't want to fall asleep and miss all the excitement.

If it's not Brenda or Phil The Greek, I wonder what's happened? I'm thinking one of the corgis has rabies and savagely bit Theresa May yesterday. It would be sad news about the corgi obviously...

• Like 2

If I had to guess a person on the staff misunderstood something they overheard,someone died but it was just a fetus.  Queen Elizabeth was pregnant and had a miscarriage. It's the only possible explanation.

2 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Just realized, if it's true, then I'd win the sweepstakes, my first one for a deathlist candidate ever.

On the sad side, any chances of Ben Suisala obitting will probably be diminished by the Duke's death (his funeral is/was today)...

You, me & the Unknown Man on tender hooks then Joey..... bona fortuna.  'Tho I will be sad when the Duke goes, who else provides that level of humorous? casual racism (answers on a postcard pls)?

Just heard there is going to be an announcement. Wonder what is happening... Abdication?

BBC News not covering it. Seems strange if momentous news?

Press conference now delayed until 10 am Greenwich time while staff are being addressed. Palace is claiming it is not the death of either Lizzie or Phil but media still describing it as an emergency meeting. They are teasing us... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

BBC News not covering it. Seems strange if momentous news?

ABC Aus finally covering it but it took a while for them to put it up, too, which is why I didn't hear about it until fairly late this afternoon:  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-04/no-cause-for-concern-for-queen-elizabeth-and-prince-philip/8498172

Yeah just heard on 5live (BBC radio channel) that the meeting at Buck Pal this morning does not relate to the health of either The Queen or Prince Philip (at which point our interest should drop considerably!!).

• Like 1

They're maybe going to announce Ben Suisala's death! :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Take a look at @c00per___'s Tweet:

Did Trump really tweet Prince Philip has died or is this a spoof?! :o ;)

Don't know but The Sun really did accidentally post that he had gone!  

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-philip-dead-queen-elizabeth-ii-the-sun-mistake-buckingham-palace-emergency-meeting-royal-a7716861.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

There'll be riots if it is something as boring as building renovations. Doesn't fit facts of meeting being called at 3 am and summoning staff from all over the UK. If it is something mundane, though, would show the palace at their most bungling in terms of handling media. Wouldn't blame Fleet Street if they charged the palace with pitchforks and burning torches if that were the case. :)

I wouldn't blame the palace. They just brought forward the annual meeting due to some important issue, which could easily be an admin one within the business. It's the press who immediately heard and went "oooh, death!"

1 minute ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Latest update from the Mirror:  "No. 10 to release short statement on Buckingham Palace announcement."

The PM's office wouldn't be releasing a statement if it was just about palace renovations, would it? 

If its not abdication, and its not to due about the Queen or Libby, or death related... hmm, an arrest?

Sun announcing it, too, for whatever that's worth:  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3477222/prince-philip-retires-buckingham-palace/

Why call the meeting suddenly at 3 am though? Must be an abrupt health change behind it, not something that's been planned for months...

UPDATE:  "The Duke of Edinburgh will no longer carry out public engagements from this Autumn.

Clarence House announced that he will attend previously scheduled engagements from now and Autumn."

So well enough to carry on for the time being...