BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

so it seems a certainty Megan and Harry will have a child but when will he/she be born? 

if he lives to see their baby, surely Phillip must also see his 98th birthday!

I will likely bring him back for my next year deathlist (an unlucky 13 must return!) if he survives this one...

28 minutes ago, MDavidSteel said:

so it seems a certainty Megan and Harry will have a child but when will he/she be born? 

if he lives to see their baby, surely Phillip must also see his 98th birthday!

I will likely bring him back for my next year deathlist (an unlucky 13 must return!) if he survives this one...

No if he lives to see the baby is mixed race he will die instantly.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

OK, one of them's clearly about to drop dead.

Ultimate quandary.

Queen dies, 10 days of national mourning.

England win World Cup and return for their heroes' welcome.

:lol:

• Haha 2

Or one of them is already dead, and they're putting off releasing the news until after both Wimbledon and the World Cup are over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JQW said:

Or one of them is already dead, and they're putting off releasing the news until after both Love Island and the World Cup are over.

ftfy

43 minutes ago, JQW said:

Or one of them is already dead, and they're putting off releasing the news until after both Wimbledon and the World Cup are over.

Honestly i won’t be surprised AT ALL, this is such a complicated and official event that they must chose their time to mourn and obviously this is not the right time for them to pass away. That said, i don’t think she has died, i bet on her husband

Has the Queen been missing other events. I know prince Phillip has the excuse of retirement but the i suspect something is seriously wrong if the Queen has missed other events.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ultimate quandary.

Queen dies, 10 days of national mourning.

England win World Cup and return for their heroes' welcome.

:lol:

Then Phil gets a little overexuberant in his celebrations and it’s a great time for all hardcore republicans/England supporters 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Has the Queen been missing other events. I know prince Phillip has the excuse of retirement but the i suspect something is seriously wrong if the Queen has missed other events.

Plus the fact that UK’s parlament is seriously organizing the queen’s funieral according to this french article https://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2018/07/06/2831855-ministres-anglais-repetent-mort-reine-elisabeth-ii.html 

plus her health issues https://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_stars/elisabeth-ii-apres-son-probleme-de-sante-la-reine-fait-taire-les-rumeurs-doperation_416934

The Queen, 92, is travelling back from Norfolk on Monday and has a busy week ahead, with celebrations marking the centenary of the RAF on Tuesday and US President Donald Trump's visit to Windsor on Friday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44758589

Sounds like it just doesn't fit in.   This is about the sixth great-grandchild to be christened, and there's another one imminent (Zara's new baby) so probably not that big a deal to them.

5 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

OK, one of them's clearly about to drop dead.

Not particularly, there must be a point when great-grandchildren start to mean less to you than your own kids and your grandchildren. It's not unusual for a 97 year old and a 92 year old to send a card rather than attend a Christening. The conspiracy theorist might point to the Queen missing another event recently and the fact no-ones seen Phil for a while but it would just been conspiracy theories and lame ones at that, if we're going with conspiracy theories how about Angela Merkel has them locked up as a bargaining chip in Brexit negotiations....

5 hours ago, JQW said:

I highly doubt it however they'd only put the news off until after England are knocked out of the world cup or god forbid win the thing. They won't care about Wimbledon as no Brits are left in it. It would be pretty inconvenient to have ten days of national mourning right now.

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

The UK government regularly ensure that everything is in place for a change of monarch, it's such a massive event it has to be ready to roll at any point.

• Like 1

Just wondering - re engagements and the like

Does it get harder to shape shift between human and lizard as you get older.

• Haha 2

So we can put that theory to bed that one of them had died and they were waiting until England went out of the world cup to announce it.

Bollocks as suspected.

On 10/07/2018 at 13:41, maryportfuncity said:

Just wondering - re engagements and the like

Does it get harder to shape shift between human and lizard as you get older.

No, it just gets harder to tell the difference.

• Haha 2

No sign of Phil at the meeting with Trump.By contrast when Obama visited Windsor Prince Philip drove him up the drive !  Is it because he hates Trump or something more ominous?He's been missing from all recent Royal engagements. 

2 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

No sign of Phil at the meeting with Trump.By contrast when Obama visited Windsor Prince Philip drove him up the drive !  Is it because he hates Trump or something more ominous?He's been missing from all recent Royal engagements. 

The circumstantial evidence is piling up, I see. 

He doesn't do public engagements any more, so not meeting Trump doesn't mean anything. 

The christening:  as it wasn't convenient for the Queen to attend I don't suppose he would bother with that either.

The only thing that worries me is that he missed the RAF fly-past - would have thought he'd want to totter out on to the balcony for that. 

Do we know where he is?  London, Windsor?

• Like 2

shame to see him go

not completely made from plastic

Brand new to this site.  So glad to have found it!

There's a rumor being whispered on the US side of the pond that Philip has bladder cancer, and that all the news about hip surgery is a ruse.  Who knows.  Maybe he is dealing with both.  I think he'll be gone by the end of the year.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Mischief Girl said:

Brand new to this site.  So glad to have found it!

There's a rumor being whispered on the US side of the pond that Philip has bladder cancer, and that all the news about hip surgery is a ruse.  Who knows.  Maybe he is dealing with both.  I think he'll be gone by the end of the year.

Not the National Enquirer by any chance?? 

1 hour ago, JR976evil said:

Not the National Enquirer by any chance?? 

No, not the National Enquirer.  Crazy Days and Nights.  They get an awful lot of things right, so you never know.

Let's look at the facts: Yes, he looks frail. Yes, he had some health problems in the past. But that is totally normal for a men in his age. I don't think he is in serious danger. But okay, at his age he could die any time.