BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Interesting to me that the Queen was reportedly never going to visit him in hospital, then she surprisingly decides to do so... Maybe things are more serious, even if he appears to be on the mend.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but she has been pretty busy over the last 4 days.

It's likely she didn't have the time to visit until today.

Well, I get that, but the reports I read said she wasn't planning to go at all.

Interesting to me that the Queen was reportedly never going to visit him in hospital, then she surprisingly decides to do so... Maybe things are more serious, even if he appears to be on the mend.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but she has been pretty busy over the last 4 days.

It's likely she didn't have the time to visit until today.

Well, I get that, but the reports I read said she wasn't planning to go at all.

And she looked pretty chirpy on her way out of the hospital, I think the old bugger is teasing us.

Guest ihatethequeen

personally, I reckon he was throwing a sickie - wouldn't you if you thought you'd have to sit through that shit on Monday night?

Guest royalist

Let us pray for the Duke of Edinburgh as he fights for his life tonight.I am devastated as someone who has been celebrating this historic weekend. I cannot stop crying nmow

Oh FFS!!!!! It's only a fucking bladder infection. I'm also crying, (with laughter at your pathetic post)

a bladder infection can be fatal in elderly people.it killed pope john paul 2 !

He was outside in the cold and in the pissing rain for a few hours. I'd have a bladder infection if I done that.

He obviously banged the Queen a bit too hard on Sunday night, frequent sexual activity can cause bladder infections. Get in there Phil!

I reckon he might have got done "up the Gary" by one of them sailors,they're all gay in the Navy you know?

thats what my senile father thought. Probably a preferable thought to having carnal knowledge of her majesty. They were quick to stress that he was on IV antibiotics to dispel the sickie thoughts that Elton John briefly employed.

personally, I reckon he was throwing a sickie - wouldn't you if you thought you'd have to sit through that shit on Monday night?

Let us pray for the Duke of Edinburgh as he fights for his life tonight.I am devastated as someone who has been celebrating this historic weekend. I cannot stop crying nmow

Oh FFS!!!!! It's only a fucking bladder infection. I'm also crying, (with laughter at your pathetic post)

a bladder infection can be fatal in elderly people.it killed pope john paul 2 !

He was outside in the cold and in the pissing rain for a few hours. I'd have a bladder infection if I done that.

He obviously banged the Queen a bit too hard on Sunday night, frequent sexual activity can cause bladder infections. Get in there Phil!

I reckon he might have got done "up the Gary" by one of them sailors,they're all gay in the Navy you know?

thats what my senile father thought. Probably a preferable thought to having carnal knowledge of her majesty. They were quick to stress that he was on IV antibiotics to dispel the sickie thoughts that Elton John briefly employed.

Interesting split personalities posts from the same IP address. :smiley_f:

Third hospital visit in 8 months! Is the end nigh? Let's hope not.

Third hospital visit in 8 months! Is the end nigh? Let's hope not.

Well chucky I think there is a good chance .

He will definitely be on my deathlist in 2013 if he survives that long.

welcome to the site btw always great to see new members.

I don't say this often but I hope he will be ok.

His comedic value alone is priceless but also he and Betty make such a lovely old couple. It would be a shame to see her lose him.

Wow I am getting way to soft with age lol.

Had half an hour at the end of the day (in my own time) to plot a graph of sorts. We now have 12 pages on Prince Phillip's thread (and looking like starting the 13th page. Noting the date of each first post on that page, I plotted a curve between each bar (indicating a block of 20 posts) and staging each 10mm wide bar 10mm above the other, but stepped back by a mm for each corresponding month between each bar. Now all this data goes back to 2003. Ignoring the fact of internet growth, I plotted 11 curves, each one using 3 points. 2 common points - the start point and the last point (12th page) and the third one each and every point of each interceding bar.

Result... Each curve went beyond expernential within the space of two years (bar one which went a further 5 years)

so that sort of tells me he has only a one in eleven chance of lasting more than two more years before he is interneted to death by the shear weight of posts flashing before his eyes...

• Like 2

Had half an hour at the end of the day (in my own time) to plot a graph of sorts. We have now 12 pages on Prince Phillip's thread (and looking like starting the 13th page. Noting the date of each first post on that page, I plotted a curve between each bar (indicating a block of 15 posts) and staging each 10mm wide bar 10mm above the other, but stepped back by a mm for each corriponding month between each bar. Now all this data goes back to 2003. Ignoring the fact of Internet growth, I plotted 11 curves, each one using 3 points. 2 common points - the start point and the last point (12th page) and the third one each and every point of each interceding bar.

Result... Each curve went beyond experdential within the space of two years (bar one which went a further 5 years)

so that sort of tells me he has only a one in eleven chance of lasting more than two more years before he is interneted to death by the shear weight of posts flashing before his eyes...

Impressive, very impressive!!

You can be the forums answer to James Burke. :D

Yer... James Burke's brother... Wright Burke...

• Like 1

Had half an hour at the end of the day (in my own time) to plot a graph of sorts. We now have 12 pages on Prince Phillip's thread (and looking like starting the 13th page. Noting the date of each first post on that page, I plotted a curve between each bar (indicating a block of 20 posts) and staging each 10mm wide bar 10mm above the other, but stepped back by a mm for each corresponding month between each bar. Now all this data goes back to 2003. Ignoring the fact of internet growth, I plotted 11 curves, each one using 3 points. 2 common points - the start point and the last point (12th page) and the third one each and every point of each interceding bar.

Result... Each curve went beyond expernential within the space of two years (bar one which went a further 5 years)

Good Work RA!! and all in half an hour, WOW!

Any chance off doing the same for the immortal Clive Dunn? It should only take you a day or two!

Remember when we used to get this all the time when the Queen Mother would choke on a fish bone or something?

They'll be a few more high jinks before he finally lays to rest, mark my words...

Remember when we used to get this all the time when the Queen Mother would choke on a fish bone or something?

They'll be a few more high jinks before he finally lays to rest, mark my words...

Involving visiting foreign dignitaries no doubt

CNN certainly thinks he's going to die, they've got a full 25-picture timeline up.

I'm pretty sure everyone who has gotten the photo timeline treatment hasn't lasted a year before dying.

Edited by angryGreatness

Doubt he'll pass. There are people past their 100's who are in and out of hospital alot more than 3 times a year and keep on marching.

You have to remember about all those stories where staff in hospitals neglect pensioners.

What number of nights in hospital within any 12 month period gets someone a definite listing on the DL?

You have to remember about all those stories where staff in hospitals neglect pensioners.

What number of nights in hospital within any 12 month period gets someone a definite listing on the DL?

Yeah but he's not just any pensioner and is not treated in an NHS hospital

Actually I live just down the road from ARI, which is where he's being treated currently. It couldn't be more NHS.

Actually I live just down the road from ARI, which is where he's being treated currently. It couldn't be more NHS.

Well they're hardly likely to drag their feet where he's concerned, I think most would agree

I don't know what any of this means, however, I love you.

I don't know what any of this means, however, I love you.

RA, keep this up and you'll have a harem.

• Like 1

Well they're hardly likely to drag their feet where he's concerned, I think most would agree

Having once worked in the NHS I can assure you they don't drag their feet with patients like this. Patients like auld Phil get the very best care, only the best doctors and consultants work their cases and only ward sisters and senior nurses take care of them. Their NHS experience is very different to that you or I would have.

He'll be going nowhere soon, barring a surprise heart attack or stroke he'll be plodding along and offending all races and religions for at least a decade to come :D

Having once worked in the NHS I can assure you they don't drag their feet with patients like this. Patients like auld Phil get the very best care, only the best doctors and consultants work their cases and only ward sisters and senior nurses take care of them. Their NHS experience is very different to that you or I would have.

He'll be going nowhere soon, barring a surprise heart attack or stroke he'll be plodding along and offending all races and religions for at least a decade to come :D

In all honesty, I have no major gripes with my experiences on the NHS, but then I've never been seriously ill :)

I'll have a look at data we hold on Pope JP2 and see if I can learn what the end game ment in his case.