BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

I think Prince Phillip stands a half decent chance of making 100. He is one if not the most active out of all the people on the list who are over 90, both physically and mentally .He walks fine is completely lucid unlike most people of his age who are wheelchair bound / senile.Having said that to remove him from any subsequent lists would be dangerous as if he where to pass it would be considered the DLs biggest miss.The only thing concerning is the mystery surrounding June`s "exploratory operation".

He has cardiovascular disease though. Which is not a good sign. He doesn't really show any signs of drastically changing his diet, so the cardiovascular disease is only going to be an inexorable downward spiral for him. The hospital procedures will simply make his health curve more approximately approximate his maximum potential enveloped health curve.

Some nonagenarians with cardiovascular disease can be surprisingly robust. But they can drop over dead at any moment. Lots of nonagenarians with cardiovascular disease (especially ones who are active/athletic) can suddenly drop over dead without an extended period of frailty.

I think Prince Phillip stands a half decent chance of making 100. He is one if not the most active out of all the people on the list who are over 90, both physically and mentally .He walks fine is completely lucid unlike most people of his age who are wheelchair bound / senile.Having said that to remove him from any subsequent lists would be dangerous as if he where to pass it would be considered the DLs biggest miss.The only thing concerning is the mystery surrounding June`s "exploratory operation".

He has cardiovascular disease though. Which is not a good sign. He doesn't really show any signs of drastically changing his diet, so the cardiovascular disease is only going to be an inexorable downward spiral for him. The hospital procedures will simply make his health curve more approximately approximate his maximum potential enveloped health curve.

Some nonagenarians with cardiovascular disease can be surprisingly robust. But they can drop over dead at any moment. Lots of nonagenarians with cardiovascular disease (especially ones who are active/athletic) can suddenly drop over dead without an extended period of frailty.

So you telling me the way to avoid getting cardiovascular disease when im a nonagenarian is to be lazy ? sounds good to me since i probably won't be able to sit up in bed by myself when i reach that age haha.

Btw i think the queen will go not long after Philip less than 18 months i reckon.

He's out and about again being shown round a day care centre for the elderly.

Maybe Charles thought it would be a good idea.

What, you think he might be checking it out for Charles?

• Like 2

I wonder what odds one would get on Charles to pop his clogs before his old dear?

I know genetically he's built to last with a proven pedigree, but surely ONE of these fuckers has to catch something nasty at some point?

• Like 1

I wonder what odds one would get on Charles to pop his clogs before his old dear?

I know genetically he's built to last with a proven pedigree, but surely ONE of these fuckers has to catch something nasty at some point?

i 've commented on here before that I thought Charlie looked older than his Dad at the royal wedding. He has aged quite dramatically over the last few years.
  • Like 1

He did - its called Camilla.

• Like 1

He did - its called Camilla.

In that case it may be a good idea to start referring to her ( on here anyway) as Chlamydia Parker Bowles.

It sounds better anyway.

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels”.

-Prince Phillip, Queen Elizabeth’s husband, Duke of Edinburgh, leader of the World Wildlife Fund

• Like 1

How many lists has he been on now? Also do we think the Queen will depart shortly after him from heartbreak?

Guest marklv

The Queen is as tough as old boots. She'll live to 110.

http://www.mirror.co...p-smiles-170131

HRH looking very well yesterday at the church service at Sandringham.

Ali love I think you might have had one too many Brandy puddings, that links to last New Year's Day! I'll let you off though because I love you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2529140/Four-generations-Royal-Family-gather-Sandringham.html

There's a picture of Phil here from yesterday, looks all right to me. And judging by the smile on her face, Will emptied his Christmas sack right up Kate's chimney before church.

• Like 2

Ali love I think you might have had one too many Brandy puddings, that links to last New Year's Day! I'll let you off though because I love you.

http://www.dailymail...andringham.html

There's a picture of Phil here from yesterday, looks all right to me. And judging by the smile on her face, Will emptied his Christmas sack right up Kate's chimney before church.

Phil looks ok from the few pictures of him. He's aged a little bit and looks like he's lost some weight.

Guest Guest

she will die of pancreatic cancer next september.

I don't buy into the idea that he is certain to die before Elizabeth. Nor do I think that either of the pair will die from heartbreak immediately after the first one goes. I think both will be able to deal with their spouses death and live independently until their own natural demise.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2529140/Four-generations-Royal-Family-gather-Sandringham.html

You are so right about so many things...

Second large glass of Port went down very nicely a third may be on the way.

Sorry. Failed to check the date of the article since I was looking more at what he had on (same overcoat and collar emblem) than how he looked.

Thanks for putting me right me-duck.

Still the intervening 23 months show a fair retrograde deterioration. He is hanging around the 30th position on my main list so guess he will not be close to being on my DDP entry.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/duke-of-edinburgh-prince-philip-smiles-170131

Yup, he looks his racist old self again. One never knows with such oldies, of course; they can fall and break a hip, catch something nasty in hospital and buy the farm in a few days, but he looks fine. I don't think 2014 will be his year.

I saw a pic of HM. She looks like she means to outlive Phil and Prince Charles.

regards,

Hein

The queen will not outlive Charles, a 22 year age gap is just a bit to big to close. Although I think Charles's reign will be one of the shortest in history as he's swiftly followed by a then elderly william. Could be a long time before a monarch reigns as long as old Liz has done.

You can either have Charles have a short reign or an elderly Wills taking over. You can't have both. On form, Her Maj is likely to cark it circa 2026. Charles would then be 78 on coronation and Wills would be 44.

He could then do a good two decades on the throne before Wills would even start to be considered 'elderly'.

Also, given that the shortest reign by a British Monarch is 13 days, it would take something special for him to be in with a shout for 'shortest in history'. Even keeping it modern, Edward VIII only managed 11 months before the Queen's dad took over.

Edit: Now with correct added 'I'.

actually George V took over and was Liz's grandpa. then we had the whole Edward and mrs Simpson thing. then George VI (Liz's dad) took over.

Sorry, I did mean Edward VIII but lost count of my 'I's. It was Edward VIII who only did 11 months before abdicating for George VI.

Eddie VII was one of Vicky and Al's kids and had a decent near-decade long reign. Liz's papa was one of his.

Guest Guest

she will die of pancreatic cancer next september.

sorry i meant to say the duke of edinb will. i know someone who works at the hospital he was in this summer!