BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

They're going with "as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell last night".

May be accurate, may be underplaying it. I will see if I can find out more.

• Like 2

he will be discharged in a few days, he won't die. He's one of the immortals of this site, such as Dilip Kumar or Zsa Zsa. 

Even if it's a precautionary measure he might catch covid because of it. This is what happened with Tom Moore.

How many times has he been in hospital over the last 5 years now?

He's 99 and 3 quarters and the Queen's husband. Obviously we'll have to wait and see but the fact they're taking every precaution is hardly surprising and doesn't sound too concerning from the early statement. The royals don't tend to die in hospital, if the end was really near I think he'd be in respite at Windsor - the fact in hospital means they think he'll recover.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Even if it's a precautionary measure he might catch covid because of it. This is what happened with Tom Moore.

Could do but very unlikely given that both him and the Queen have had both of their vaccine doses now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

He's 99 and 3 quarters and the Queen's husband. Obviously we'll have to wait and see but the fact they're taking every precaution is hardly surprising and doesn't sound too concerning from the early statement. The royals don't tend to die in hospital, if the end was really near I think he'd be in respite at Windsor - the fact in hospital means they think he'll recover.

Yep. If they were in any way concerned he might die they wouldn't send him to hospital (as stupid as that sounds ) unless an op was needed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Because Captain Tom would have made a full and complete recovery from *checks notes* double pneumonia at the age of 100 if he hadn't caught Covid...

I also imagine infection control is much easier at the sort of hospital senior royals use, too.

• Like 1

the Prince is unwell
the game continues
the tempest draws in
the ship is torn to pieces
starving and brawling men alike
demanding their due from each
the brig is crewed by five
it is the Prince's time to die
before the enemies can seize his crown
the battle has begun

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

He has had the vaccine now so that risk is reduced, 

The Queen mum died at Windsor so if he was close to death he wouldn’t go to hospital in the first place. Press also reporting he walked in which I don’t think they would brief unless it’s true. 

• Like 1

If I was a betting man, I would bet that he is going to discharged alive and well

• Like 1

The Guardian  through have given this the breaking news treatment which I can’t remember them giving during all his previous hospitalisations. 

I have my doubts he's in critical condition, but given his age and frailty we can't rule out him catching even a simple cold or flu in hospital and carking it as a result. If he doesn't die during this particular incidence of "unwellness", it seems very unlikely he'll live to see the end of the year - though if there's one thing we can learn from old Phil's adventures in deathlist, "seeming unlikely to survive" something means very little in his case.

20 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

They're going with "as a precautionary measure after feeling unwell last night".

May be accurate, may be underplaying it. I will see if I can find out more.

You know royal insiders?!

• Haha 2

Reported on bbc

He'll be fine. 

It's all Harry and Meghan's fault for going on Oprah. His blood pressure must've skyrocketted. :P

• Haha 4

he'll survive and ill root for him

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

He'll be fine. 

It's all Harry and Meghan's fault for going on Oprah. His blood pressure must've skyrocketted. :P

they went on oprah? hahahah smh

10 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

You know royal insiders?!

My old flatmate was a butler for the Queen! :) He still stays in touch with loads of ppl who work as their Staff. They’ve all been isolated in a bubble since the start of the pandemic. The only thing that gets in and out of the estate are food deliveries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

My old flatmate was a butler for the Queen! :) He still stays in touch with loads of ppl who work as their Staff. They’ve all been isolated in a bubble since the start of the pandemic. The only thing that gets in and out of the estate are food deliveries.

Food deliveries, eh? Even old Queenie can't resist a munchy box now and again

He'll be fine.

The only thing that can kill a ghoul is decapitation or complete destruction of the head.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

If this zombie actually croaks, the QE2 could then die of a broken heart soon after. Perhaps Charlie boy could then have his long awaited coronation this year? However, I still think that Charles will die before Philip.

• Like 2

Just now, YouOnlyDieOnce said:

I quite enjoy a state funeral, and it's been a while since we had the last one, I wonder if they'll stick to 30 guests?

Philip doesn't want a state funeral but they are more then 30 members of the extended royal family so they would be competition.