BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

22 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Anyone else reckon his death will be announced during the televising of Harry and Meghan's "no holds barred" interview with Oprah? It would be about the worst PR imaginable for them if it did. 

I bet Elizabeth has forbidden everybody at the Palace to watch that interview. Philip just tries to use the hospital TV instead.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

One’s placing on the political spectrum has fuck all to do with mindless hysteria.

I never said it did?

1 hour ago, ECG said:

Sky News presenter is wearing a red dress. BBC News presenter is wearing black...

I don't think it really means anything for today. If they knew in advance then they would change clothing for the next day to actually announce the news (with going by what I know about Buckingham Palace's rules)

Althrough things have clamed down a bit, i wish the Palace would say something once and for all, the 5th hit depends on it!

2 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Would have thought the Palace would perhaps have said something by now if all was ok. 

They did say something - they said read what we've already put out which says he's fine.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Would have thought the Palace would perhaps have said something by now if all was ok. 

That's what I've been thinking. Given that Charles was seemingly crying when he left, and the fact that the Palace hasn't given any more info since he was admitted, it's almost certain that something wrong. Even if he is actually doing OK, I'd still expect a slightly more substantial statement saying that he's OK, if a bit under the weather.

I do not believe for one second that the Palace would say the Duke is in good spirits if that was not the case.

The Palace has a long history of saying little to nothing to avoid revealing the whole picture but they wouldn’t tell an outright lie in a statement.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I do not believe for one second that the Palace would say the Duke is in good spirits if that was not the case.

The Palace has a long history of saying little to nothing to avoid revealing the whole picture but they wouldn’t tell an outright lie in a statement.

Especially in today's climate of fake news and misinformation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You can be dying but still good spirts.

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Normally, I'd believe the statements, but it's a bit more difficult this time because they've not been clear about what the issue is. Typically, if either Philip or Liz have been in hospital, they've been quite willing to say why they've been admitted to hospital. However, all they've said this time is that he is in for observations out of an abundance of caution. The fact that they've been quiet about his issue since he's been admitted makes me think that they are hiding something. 

It's less the fact that one or two things are slightly different from previous hospitalisations. It's the fact that several things are different.

• Like 2

"Prince Philip is in good spirits" actually means "Prince Philip has died and become a spirit"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Charles' photo sure looks significant at first glance but then again it's just one random frame. I don't think this research meets the strictest standards of royalology.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ECG said:

Normally, I'd believe the statements, but it's a bit more difficult this time because they've not been clear about what the issue is. Typically, if either Philip or Liz have been in hospital, they've been quite willing to say why they've been admitted to hospital. However, all they've said this time is that he is in for observations out of an abundance of caution. The fact that they've been quiet about his issue since he's been admitted makes me think that they are hiding something. 

It's less the fact that one or two things are slightly different from previous hospitalisations. It's the fact that several things are different.

They haven't told us much about his health in years.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2021/02/20/prince-philip-duke-edinburgh-remain-hospital-next-week/

'However, royal sources stressed the Duke, who has been in King Edward VII's Hospital in London since Tuesday, remained in "good spirit". '

'A source close to the heir to the throne said: “The Duke has been in hospital a few days longer than expected and the Prince simply wanted to go and see him.”

A Buckingham Palace source insisted the Duke's condition had not changed, and that the doctors were simply acting with "an abundance of caution" by keeping him in.'

The Telegraph are trying to ease people's concerns.

image.thumb.png.47cc8ed46a2b90121e55b82083da05f9.png

I wouldn't be surprised if we wake up to this (albeit on Wikipedia and looking better)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, machotrouts said:

"Prince Philip is in good spirits" actually means "Prince Philip has died and become a spirit"

More likely "the Duke of Edinburgh is drinking lots of very expensive single malt".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well if he isn't out by Tuesday, something is either definitely up or Charles has just broken covid rules on Hopsital visits since you are defintely not allowed visits unless it's end of life.

• Like 3

Didn't they say Boris Johnson was in "good spirits" before he nearly died of COVID?

3 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Well if he isn't out by Tuesday, something is either definitely up or Charles has just broken covid rules on Hopsital visits since you are defintely not allowed visits unless it's end of life.

Would be such an unenforced PR error from them if it's the latter. 

Feels concerning but of course he might just not fancy another 2-3 hours in a car tonight.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Feels concerning but of course he might just not fancy another 2-3 hours in a car tonight.

Yep. A lot of people would be like that if they had the option of accommodation for the night and then moving on the next morning. Doing it all today would be 6 hour round trip 

Obviously playing away from home and Camilla.

Yeah he left hours ago. Its only 10 to 8 now.

A couple of hours in the car and you get to sleep in your bed in your preffered home.

It's not like he would have to drive himself.

This is very telling.

• Like 1