BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

she was on my list of possibles this time round altho didnt quite make it. personally i dont think she will ever stand down - could you imagine the upset of a queen camilla

Camilla won't become Queen, she will take the title of Princess Consort when Charles becomes King

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Consort

she was on my list of possibles this time round altho didnt quite make it. personally i dont think she will ever stand down - could you imagine the upset of a queen camilla

Camilla won't become Queen, she will take the title of Princess Consort when Charles becomes King

http://en.wikipedia....rincess_Consort

Assuming she and Prince Charles outlive the Queen, Camilla will be the Queen Consort, whether people like it or not. Just as she is currently the Princess of Wales.

http://en.wikipedia....rincess_Consort

Assuming she and Prince Charles outlive the Queen, Camilla will be the Queen Consort, whether people like it or not. Just as she is currently the Princess of Wales.

Ahem

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/ThePrinceofWales/ThePrinceofWales.aspx

There's no such thing as a Princess Consort.

When he becomes King, she will be Queen.

In other words, something easily avoided.

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

Even easier if you believe the American tabloid magazines.

The dying Queen Elizabeth is so overjoyed at Kate's pregnancy that she has already signed over the throne to Prince William, much to the frustration of the Royal baddies, Charles and Camilla.

regards,

Hein

Even easier if you believe the American tabloid magazines.

The dying Queen Elizabeth is so overjoyed at Kate's pregnancy that she has already signed over the throne to Prince William, much to the frustration of the Royal baddies, Charles and Camilla.

That would probably be for the best, I can just see Charles being another Gordon Brown...

Charles will be the last great king.

After him our monarchy will sink to the bog-standard, cheap, European style monarchy.

After him our monarchy will sink to the bog-standard, cheap, European style monarchy.

Hang on. I live in a bog-standard, European style monarchy, but it's not exactly cheap to the annual tune of some €110 million. That's what's directly spent through the state budget, it does not include lost revenue due to the fact that the Queen and the Prince of Orange pay no tax on income and capital.

regards,

Hein

Hang on. I live in a bog-standard, European style monarchy, but it's not exactly cheap to the annual tune of some €110 million. That's what's directly spent through the state budget, it does not include lost revenue due to the fact that the Queen and the Prince of Orange pay no tax on income and capital.

regards,

Hein

You would think they would do it properly for that price.

That's one of the reasons (by no means the most important one) why I rather have a republic.

regards,

Hein

That's one of the reasons (by no means the most important one) why I rather have a republic.

regards,

Hein

The things that I would say to British Republicans are this - imagine President Blair or heaven forbid President Johnson.

But that wouldn't happen, because that's not what's being proposed. There has never been a President Kohl or President Schroeder of Germany

But that wouldn't happen, because that's not what's being proposed. There has never been a President Kohl or President Schroeder of Germany

I have yet to see a realistic proposal for how a British Republic would function and how the head of states position would relate to that of the Prime Minister.

It is expected that it would be an elected position and therefore the major political parties would each have to find their candidate. So even if the post had no power it would be filled by someone who is strongly affiliated with a political party and probably very media friendly. Both of those suggestions would fit the bil.

I have yet to see a realistic proposal for how a British Republic would function and how the head of states position would relate to that of the Prime Minister.

Why the need for a proposal when the answer is "just do what Germany does"?

http://www.republic.org.uk/What%20we%20want/In%20depth/The%20Case%20for%20a%20Republic/Policy/index.php

• Like 1

Why the need for a proposal when the answer is "just do what Germany does"? http://www.republic.org.uk/What%20we%20want/In%20depth/The%20Case%20for%20a%20Republic/Policy/index.php

Considering the overwhelming apathy that greeted the Police Commissioner elections do you think that the UK would turn out to vote for a figure head. I just don't see the republicans gaining mainstream political support in the UK.

Do we want to be 'just like the Germans'?

Why the need for a proposal when the answer is "just do what Germany does"? http://www.republic....olicy/index.php

Do we want to be 'just like the Germans'?

That's a question I can't answer for you, but as far as the Netherlands are concerned I think the German got exactly the republic I'd like to have here when we sack the Oranges. Exactly, apart from the way the prez is elected, which should be by popular vote.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Unelected heads of state have no place in a democracy in my view. I don't personally mind if only a tiny percentage of the population turn out to vote, at least we had the option. I shall now duck as any monarchists/royalists throw whatever comes to hand in my direction.

Unelected heads of state have no place in a democracy in my view. I don't personally mind if only a tiny percentage of the population turn out to vote, at least we had the option. I shall now duck as any monarchists/royalists throw whatever comes to hand in my direction.

Dear En Passant

No need to duck, I respect your opinion but where is the main stream political thinking in the UK that is pushing for even including a republican debate in a manifesto. There is no appetite for it. I would also suggest that they are waiting till the Queen dies before having the debate out of respect. That is flawed thinking in my mind because that will be the worst time to have the debate. I think we should accept the monarchy, reform its worst excesses (reduce the civil list) and enjoy the status they bring us in the world.

I think we should accept the monarchy, reform its worst excesses (reduce the civil list) and enjoy the status they bring us in the world.

That's all been done. There used to be loads of people on the CL, but it was drastically pruned a few years back and now it's just the Queen who gets paid to cover her expenses (she gives the DoE an allowance out of it). Prince Charles and his family were never on the CL, he has the income of the Duchy of Cornwall instead.

It's a myth that we pay for it all anyway. Since George III, the monarch has signed over the revenue of the Crown Estates to the state, and that far exceeds the expenses of the monarchy. It's a bargain.

• Like 1

Guest Dan Crook

I would love to look at prince phillips dead balls

Guest Sean Hayes

I agree.

Guest Dan Crook
I agree.

What do you think they taste like? And Sean you have an ill-fitted hat.

Guest Harley MCEvoy
I agree.

If a tree falls in the middle of the forest and there's no one around to hear it, do you fuck kids?

I agree.

If a tree falls in the middle of the forest and there's no one around to hear it, do you fuck kids?

Ha ha...you can tell the schools are shut and they're all sitting at home with nothing to do!

• Like 1