BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

Doesn't seem imminent like Bhumibol. People can go on a long time looking peaked. I'll say May, 30th but 2017.

Doesn't seem imminent like Bhumibol. People can go on a long time looking peaked. I'll say May, 30th but 2017.

Agree he doesn't seem imminent at all, given the health care the Royal family will get, will predict he will die in May 2020.

July 2017 .

Guest awesome guest

Anyone else reckon it's sweepstake time for ole Phil the Greek.

September 1st 2015

I think you're being hasty but I predict October 10
I can't edit my comments so I'll leave this instead. I don't predict he'll die this year in fact he shouldn't even be on this years list considering nearly of the royal family live to 100

November 17th 2019 at 06:15 am from congestive heart failure.

Can't see why he'd be certain to die in the next few months. Just because there is an election? Or just cause he looks frail? (How'd he look at nearly 94?)

I know that he had some health troubles in the last few years so I wouldn't be very surprised if he died this summer, but as far as I know, he doesn't have any terminal illnesses, so he could survive this year, and maybe even 2016.

April 24th, 2017

• Like 1

So what I'm seeing is almost all agree this was a horrible pick from the word Go.

SC

I don't think he will die this year but he is such a massive pick (no r) that there is a nagging feeling that leaving him off the list will bring about a miss which everyone will say was an obvious no-brainer in hindsight.

I think there are three elements which contribute to a Deathlist pick. Fame, Longevity and Illness.

Many of the successes are for the less famous but obviously ill types but Longevity is always worth playing on. The Fame factor tends to come into play more with the DDP drop forty. For example last year none of the top ten picks died but almost all of the 11-20 picks did.

DOE is too famous to drop but not ill enough to die, yet old enough to justify inclusion.

• Like 1

I don't think he will die this year but he is such a massive pick (no r) that there is a nagging feeling that leaving him off the list will bring about a miss which everyone will say was an obvious no-brainer in hindsight.

I think there are three elements which contribute to a Deathlist pick. Fame, Longevity and Illness.

Many of the successes are for the less famous but obviously ill types but Longevity is always worth playing on. The Fame factor tends to come into play more with the DDP drop forty. For example last year none of the top ten picks died but almost all of the 11-20 picks did.

DOE is too famous to drop but not ill enough to die, yet old enough to justify inclusion.

Yes, the committee prefers fame plus longevity more than illness. The "advantage" of this method is that, statistically about 20% of the picks should die, because the mortality rate of people around the age of 90 is about that. Then they add a couple of genuinely "good" picks, i.e. Sam Simon, Martin Crowe and the like. So 10-15 hits per year can be expected this way. But not many more without a lot of luck.

• Like 1

The issue is that when you get to your nineties there is a strong possibility of a very swift decline as we saw with Pete Seeger, P.D James and Chapman Pincher, amongst others.I think the DL has about the right mix this year with age however I would like to have seen a few younger candidates such as Muhammad Ali Mary Tyler Moore and Daisy Berkowitz.I think the Death list though broadly favors age and level of fame over illness because unless most of the names are incredibly famous it becomes obscure and less appealing and interesting.

• Like 2

Haven't really participated in the other sweeps, but I think the strain of another Royal birth (remember how ill he got after George?) will actually do for him. I'm a natural pessimist for this particular pick, so I'll say May 22nd this year. (On the basis I've been wrong on everything, this can be safely disregarded).

Guest awesome guest

The baby had been born according to the bbc nows the time to see how Philip will react

The baby had been born according to the bbc nows the time to see how Philip will react

Not unless he dies before he gets the chance to show up in public.... :D

*sigh*

But one can only dream.....

Haven't really participated in the other sweeps, but I think the strain of another Royal birth (remember how ill he got after George?) will actually do for him. I'm a natural pessimist for this particular pick, so I'll say May 22nd this year. (On the basis I've been wrong on everything, this can be safely disregarded).

Now the Royal birth has come good for me, can this now be safely disregarded? Mwhahahaha.

94 Today :birthday::birthday2::party::party::party:

Guest NIgel 966

I hope this bastard dies. Hopefully in a major incident and a few of the rest of this free loading family of leeches go with him.

Guest David Starkravey

Art thou inciting regicide?

I hope this bastard dies. Hopefully in a major incident and a few of the rest of this free loading family of leeches go with him.

Rather harsh. I like him.

• Like 1

Rather harsh. I like him.
I know his lack of understanding of people has made for some good laughs well that's what happens when you raise someone in a royal upper class and expect them to understand people. The only good royal still alive at least she does shit for for Charity but yeah royals ew

got another few years left in him has old Phillip! unless he takes a turn for the worst in the next few months he would be one to take off the list in 2016 i think

got another few years left in him has old Phillip! unless he takes a turn for the worst in the next few months he would be one to take off the list in 2016 i think

Too risky to take him off.If he were to die and not be on the list it would be embarrassing for DL.Maybe just put him at the bottom of the list.

• Like 1

Too risky to take him off.If he were to die and not be on the list it would be embarrassing for DL.Maybe just put him at the bottom of the list.

Agreed as Lee and Macnee have shown even those who are active and still reasonably healthy at that age can just drop. He would be a huge miss. I think we have to stick with him.

• Like 2