Teddy

Mahmoud Abbas

Looks like the likely successor to Arafat is in for a tough time

Abbas unharmed in shooting spree

And when you consider who was doing the shooting....

In the darkness after Mr Abbas was driven away, there appeared to be further exchanges of fire between the militants - thought to be members of Mr Abbas' own Fatah party - and security guards.

If he makes it to the elections in January, an outside bet for next years list...

• Like 1

It looks like he dodged a close one there. It will be very interesting to see how long he is going to last if his own people want him dead.

The gunmen, believed to have been members of Mr Abbas' own fractured Fatah party, escaped.

Reminds me of that famous line in Julius Caesar! Et tu, Brute?

Abbas office hit in Israeli airstrike

Early Friday, Palestinian and Israeli sources said offices of President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah Party were also hit in an airstrike. Details of the attack were not immediately available.

Abbas office hit in Israeli airstrike

Early Friday, Palestinian and Israeli sources said offices of President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah Party were also hit in an airstrike. Details of the attack were not immediately available.

Christ, the Jews get away with murder these days.

What they are doing to the the Halibuts is not unlike what Hitler did to the Jews.

We should have a second Holocaust just to put them back in their place....

They probably feel the same way about dour Fraserborough students :) maybe you should start the Fraserborough branch of Hamas.

They probably feel the same way about dour Fraserborough students :) maybe you should start the Fraserborough branch of Hamas.

Na.

I can't say that I owe the Arabs (are they Arabs) anything either.

They were responsible for the capture of my Great Grandfather in 1941.

The Bastards!

He always struck me as a Deathlisty name one of these years.

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

After he was hospitalized for ear surgery (posted on this forum already), he got hospitalized again and then got hospitalized AGAIN:

http://news.trust.org//item/20180520112344-ojwmk/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/abbas-taken-to-hospital-for-3rd-time-in-a-week-said-to-suffer-chest-pains/

Could be suffering from pneumonia. 

Hospitalised for the "2nd time in two months" which somewhat contradicts the "3rd time in a week" above, so I guess it's actually the 4th time in two months:

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Palestinians-Mahmoud-Abbas-hospitalized-for-second-time-in-two-months-561712

Edit: Though another source claims it isn't true: https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201807051066063791-palestine-abbas-hospital-reports/

Though I can't link (GDPR), rumours going around he is not doing too well.

• Like 1

With tensions building  up again I can see him getting killed during a conflict sometime this year. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

With tensions building  up again I can see him getting killed during a conflict sometime this year. 

A nuclear war?

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/17/palestinian-game-of-thrones-what-happens-when-mahmoud-abbas-leaves-office

Recent article on Abu Mazen aka. Mahmoud Abbas. Talks about what could happen after the inevitable happens, etc.

The president is now 87, and in failing health. A long-term smoker, he was admitted to hospital twice this summer, and every now and then the internet circulates rumours of his death.

• Like 3

Attended the christmas midnight mass in Betlehem:

christmasabba.jpg.5e41e58c3e0973895739b0e3271f39e2.jpg

Maybe a bit thin, but doesn't look that bad. 

• Like 3

Whenever I see reports regarding Abbas I remember this:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drol said:

I think he should be on DL 2024 - he's been in failing health for years, continuous hospitalisations five years ago, obese, 87, heart problems, rumored cancer. 

Only a handful of PLO's old guard left, but many of them still hold quite a lot of power:

Salwa Abu Khadra (1929) Mostly a minor name but was PLO's first major woman leader. Already quite frail in 2006, but according to Palestinian websites still alive and holding positions. 

Farouk Kaddoumi (1931) Major Arafat ally, Head of the PLO's political department for decades and Fatah Central Committee Chairman. In failing health for years, critically ill in April. (Was a DL Cup pick in May)

Rafiq Shakir Natshah (1934) Oldest working Palestinian inner circle politician since the death of Salim Zanoun. Was still attending events last year, but is quite frail.

Mahmoud Abbas (1935) Palestine President, in failing health for a while.

Nayef Hawatmeh (1935, 1937 or 1938) Arguably one of Abbas' right hand men. Head of the Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, formerly designated a terrorist organization by the US, for 55 years. Not the picture of health, wounded in an explosion (assasination attempt?) last year.

Abu Maher Ghneim (1937) Hardliner who is against Israel's existance and former rival of Kaddoumi. Not as powerful as he once was. 

Nabil Shaath (1938) Former Acting Prime Minister and Foreign Minister most known for his "Bush anecdote" to BBC claiming Bush said he's on a mission from God to end tyranny in Iraq and bring peace to Palestine and Israel. Was ill in 2021.

Ziyad Abdel Fattah (1939) Decrepit PLO politician most known for having founded Wafa, also known as Palestine News Agency. 

Intissar al-Wazir (1941) Abbas inner circle member, widow of Fatah co-founder Khalil al-Wazir. 

• Like 2

Reports on twitter and in Palestinian news that Amina Abbas (Mahmoud's wife) has been rushed to hospital and Mahmoud Abbas is heading there.

• Like 2