1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

....................except chess (against people).

I used to play chess online (2m/1s not the serious stuff) to a reasonable standard but I got a bit (a lot) addicted and in the end I think it was giving me migraines (plus I wasn't getting any work done and I was ignoring my wife and kids).

Death pooling seems to be a little more manageable.:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

I used to be an adventurer, then I took an arrow to the knee...

Yawn!

• Haha 1

Last game I played, it was on a PlayStation and it was called medieval. Must be about 15-20 years ago. 

Don't get much time now to play, but I am a big fan of Sid Meier's Civilization series!

• Like 2

Not really a games man, but I do have GTA San Andreas on my phone.   What better way to relax after work than potter around with a flamethrower, incinerating random pedestrians? 

2 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Not really a games man, but I do have GTA San Andreas on my phone.   What better way to relax after work than potter around with a flamethrower, incinerating random pedestrians? 

Wait they can't make a version of GTA V that actually runs on a low spec PC but they've made a mobile version of San Andreas? Fuck Rockstar....

8 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

I used to play chess online (2m/1s not the serious stuff) to a reasonable standard but I got a bit (a lot) addicted and in the end I think it was giving me migraines (plus I wasn't getting any work done and I was ignoring my wife and kids).

Death pooling seems to be a little more manageable.:D

I know that too well. In my worst days I "forgot" to eat and drink - chess (blitz and bullet) is probably my worst addiction, one of the things where I can see the signs of an addict in myself.

22 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I know that too well. In my worst days I "forgot" to eat and drink - chess (blitz and bullet) is probably my worst addiction, one of the things where I can see the signs of an addict in myself.

How many games of bullet chess are you playing that you forget to fucking eat and drink? Not exactly a cool addiction either is it? Rehab meeting;

"So what you in for?"

"Hi I'm Mark, 'm an alcoholic, few to many whiskey fuelled nights on the town... then vodka for breakfast"

"Hi I'm Alan, I'm a compulsive speeder, played too many racing games and took that attitude to the street"

"Hi I'm Dave. I'm a sexaholic, I just can't stop shagging people, it all start when I joined the swingers"

"Hi, I'm Roman, I'm a weed addicted, I just spend all days get stoned and eating"

"Hi I'm gcreptile, I just can't stop playing chess on fly or die, hundred games a day  and it stops me eating and drinking"

*everyone else looks at you like your the crazy one.. because you fucking are"

You know you can write/download a program to force your computer to shut down at set times to stop you spending too long on it?

36 minutes ago, Deathray said:

How many games of bullet chess are you playing that you forget to fucking eat and drink? Not exactly a cool addiction either is it? Rehab meeting;

"So what you in for?"

"Hi I'm Mark, 'm an alcoholic, few to many whiskey fuelled nights on the town... then vodka for breakfast"

"Hi I'm Alan, I'm a compulsive speeder, played too many racing games and took that attitude to the street"

"Hi I'm Dave. I'm a sexaholic, I just can't stop shagging people, it all start when I joined the swingers"

"Hi, I'm Roman, I'm a weed addicted, I just spend all days get stoned and eating"

"Hi I'm gcreptile, I just can't stop playing chess on fly or die, hundred games a day  and it stops me eating and drinking"

You know you can write/download a program to force your computer to shut down at set times to stop you spending too long on it?

" Not exactly a cool addiction either"
at least it's a cheap addiction

• Haha 1

I did make a thread about this years ago but seems to have gone. To be fair the thread died on its arse. Being a hardcore gamer I encourage as much talk about gaming as possible. :D 

Currently playing friday the 13th game multiplayer, the forest and decided to get into the yakuza series. Currently playing yakuza zero and got yakuza kiwami for christmas. Pre-ordered the deluxe edition of the resident evil 2 remake! Very excited for that being a huge resident evil fan.

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

I did make a thread about this years ago but seems to have gone. To be fair the thread died on its arse. Being a hardcore gamer I encourage as much talk about gaming as possible. :D 

Currently playing friday the 13th game multiplayer, the forest and decided to get into the yakuza series. Currently playing yakuza zero and got yakuza kiwami for christmas. Pre-ordered the deluxe edition of the resident evil 2 remake! Very excited for that being a huge resident evil fan.

"resident evil fan"

I like resident evil outbreak file 1 and 2 and mercenary on resident evil 5

• Like 1

I've had a computer since 1984 and each generation of computers has had its own classics.

From Rescue on the Spectrum through Time Bandit on the Atari ST/Amiga or Star Control 2 on MSDOS through to Doom 2 or Duke Nukem 3D in the later 90s and Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal in the early 2000s.

These days, I don't get the time to play as much, but I did think Mass Effect 2 was right up there in terms of the best games I've played. RDR2 as a more recent thing does look fantastic and has a good plot line, but there's a lot of shite filler in there too.

3 hours ago, Heef said:

I did think Mass Effect 2 was right up there in terms of the best games I've played

Yes, loved ME1 and 2.

Here's ME2 in an hour and a half ;)

The final suicide mission in mass effect 2 is one of the best missions i've ever played.A great way to end the game.

On 04/01/2019 at 11:57, Deathray said:

With video game industry now being worth more than the music and film industry combined, thought it was about time we had a thread on video games we're playing, separate from the one for YouTubers etc who've carked it.

Managed to pick up 20 odd games in the Valve Pack (Half Life, Counter Strike, Ricochet) that i didn't already own for £8.86 (sale's over now, sorry guys) - well nearly, Artifact and some other game you've forgotten were missing) for a tenner in the winter sale, and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for like two quid or something. So be downloading some of them to play on the PC next few days. 

15 hours ago, the_engineer said:

As TE said, we already have a thread.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8112-played-any-good-computer-games-recently/

I merged 'em about half an hour ago. Kept your title as it was more general in scope (ie games in general rather than just computer games).

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I merged 'em about half an hour ago. Kept your title as it was more general in scope (ie games in general rather than just computer games).

Ah yeah, my fault for just looking at the title and not the content. Cheers.

21 hours ago, Deathray said:

"So what you in for?"

Yeah, a few times I spent the whole free evening, 3-4 hours on it. So 200 minutes, i.e. almost 100 bullet games or 20 blitz games.

When I got heartburn because of the constant adrenaline rush I realized I had to stop and I ...almost... did.

On 05/01/2019 at 21:11, gcreptile said:

Yeah, a few times I spent the whole free evening, 3-4 hours on it. So 200 minutes, i.e. almost 100 bullet games or 20 blitz games.

When I got heartburn because of the constant adrenaline rush I realized I had to stop and I ...almost... did.

Yeah sometimes I would be working at home and my wife would go to bed at about 10pm and I'd think to myself I'll just reward myself with a quick game of chess before doing the work. In the blink of an eye it was 4:30am and my eyes were red like the screen had burnt holes in them - couple of hours sleep (not great sleep because as you say having 1 or 2 minutes to make all your moves keeps your adrenaline levels pretty high) and I'd swear that was it for chess on the computer and then by 10:30am I'd be sneaking in another game at work.

Once I looked at the total number of games I had played and then multiplied that by 3 minutes - I can't remember what it came to but I remember having to triple check it before I accepted it was the truth. The stats will still be there but I don't dare log in to have a look.......

• Like 1

On 05/01/2019 at 12:04, the_engineer said:

The final suicide mission in mass effect 2 is one of the best missions i've ever played.A great way to end the game.

have you played dark souls series?

On 01/07/2019 at 00:05, runebomme said:

have you played dark souls series?

I played the first one upto the bell gargoyle(s) but Haven't touched it since. I think I got it for free on PS plus as I don't remember buying it.Just too time consuming and steep learning curve.  I'm not really into magic and dungeons/dragons genre. I think I would of loved Dark Souls in my teens though and can see why people love it. I loved hard games and played online competitively in my teens. I was for about 4 months in the top 20  best players in the Europe at gears of war 2 online always ranked around 15/18th but just don't have time to sink into games now as I wish I did. So shorter games ,story driven games usually the first thing I look for. Saying that all I've been playing for 10 months is persona 5 which is about 100hrs . Persona 5, resident evil 2 and Yakuza 0 the only games I've played this year. 

How about you?

20 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I played the first one upto the bell gargoyle(s) but Haven't touched it since. I think I got it for free on PS plus as I don't remember buying it.Just too time consuming and steep learning curve.  I'm not really into magic and dungeons/dragons genre. I think I would of loved Dark Souls in my teens though and can see why people love it. I loved hard games and played online competitively in my teens. I was for about 4 months in the top 20  best players in the Europe at gears of war 2 online always ranked around 15/18th but just don't have time to sink into games now as I wish I did. So shorter games ,story driven games usually the first thing I look for. Saying that all I've been playing for 10 months is persona 5 which is about 100hrs . Persona 5, resident evil 2 and Yakuza 0 the only games I've played this year. 

How about you?

I have played dark souls 1 and 2 as you said it has a steep learning curve but I think they are one of the best games ever made once you get into it 

Just downloaded Crash Team Racing - Nitro Fuelled on PS4, as a bit of light relief from all the cuntiness life brings.

Pungent wafts of nostalgia are floating my way. As far as I’m concerned, I’m 5 years old again, on the PSOne, on the original CTR, I’m sprawled out on a little bean bag, I’ve got a Sunny Delight and I’m definitely not sad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Just downloaded Crash Team Racing - Nitro Fuelled on PS4, as a bit of light relief from all the cuntiness life brings.

Pungent wafts of nostalgia are floating my way. As far as I’m concerned, I’m 5 years old again, on the PSOne, on the original CTR, I’m sprawled out on a little bean bag, I’ve got a Sunny Delight and I’m definitely not sad.

Me and my friends used to beg our parents for money and traverse different shops looking for new and weird sunny delight flavours we hadn't tried one summer.Rumours of certain flavours only available in certain shops and oh I saw this store only stocking this etc . We kept the different coloured caps to see which ones we had tried. I remember one flavour was absolutely disgusting mango maybe possibly pineapple. The strawberry wasn't too nice either.