Oh well.... a couple of months ago, I restarted Skyrim, which I got far but never finished 10 years ago. I am now trying to finish it BEFORE Starfield comes out in September. I am totally hyped for it. However, yesterday Baldur's Gate III was released. I bought it and it seems pretty magnificent. Well, summer doesn't seem to be really happening in Germany this year, so there's some time to play. But, there's a lot on my plate!

7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Skyrim

Sneaky Archer.....

23 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Sneaky Archer.....

I'm not really a computer game player, but your line reminded me of something. When I was a teenager I used to play a lot of Age of Empires to avoid studying for exams. One time, I was building up my village and got a warning that an attack was coming in 90 minutes. So I spent that time building a castle with fortifications and sharpening up an army so within the hour I had a heavily defended village with a sizeable army armed to the teeth with the best weaponry available in the 1400s.

Finally the attack arrived. Two archers showed up. My defences ended the "battle" in five seconds. 

Not so sneaky, I guess, but still amusing to me.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

Sneaky Archer.....

Yep, first skill raised to 100.

Been playing Final Fantasy 16, definitely not as amazing as FF9 or 6 but such a compelling story, not to mention the soundtrack and characters. I really recommend it

th?id=OIP.Xl4vfvjhb-cy0lbYlu2OqQHaIY%26p02fe959a4d8ac058499cd25d0277097e.jpg&f=1vfo2o8ye5ir21.png?auto=webp%26s=aa0286c1

• Like 1

Well, yesterday I actually had to use the heavy tank two-hand-weapon method for the very first time, because archery was too slow and the ancient dragon that lurked in front of my tower burned me to a crisp. I died about 20 times, no, probably 30, tried poisons, ebony arrows, all kinds of shouts and tricks, but it didn't work, because there was no place to hide. So at some point I just decided to run towards the dragon and use the two-handed weapon. The skill is now around 80 as well, but it's been the only time in about 300 hrs of gameplay (200 hrs back in the 2010s, 100 this time, so far) where I HAD to do it.

• Like 1

Ah well, you should've done the magic resist thing. Breton 25%.....Some quest from Riften priestess all about love 10%, Alchemy enhanced enchanted garb and so on and you're hitting the 85% magic resist cap before you meet an ancient level dragon or have ebony anything pretty much. Stand there and laugh at them then.

I've even done it without doing the watchtower thing out of  Whiterun in the first place because that prevents all those annoying random dragon attacks completely until you want them (I didn't care about dying, but the townsfolk kept getting slaughtered and some with quests aren't marked essential)

Still, the whole thing is NOT to fall foul of the meme that a stealthy archer is overpowered and credit for that   :)

Anyway, heh, you can tell I played a bit of that game.

IMG_9190.jpeg