Estuarian Float

Reality TV

Well here's my reality TV topic. I think many underestimate the undiscovered deathpooling gems that lie in this category. (The subtitle is a mock of The Real World.) I'll start off with my list...

Amber Portwood is one of the original cast members from the US's ever-popular series, '16 and Pregnant' and 'Teen Mom' which has been used by MTV for the past few years to scare young people from bearing child. Out of all the girls from the series, she is most infamous and she's from my home state! She's been in legal troubles lately - charged with the televised assault on her boyfriend and with drug charges (unprescribed pills.) She's been in and out of jail, may have lost legal custody of her daughter - Im not sure, and she's been ordered by the judge not to return to television.

If Amber isnt a good idea for you, maybe you'll look into her father, Shawn Portwood. In the show he was diagnosed as "dying from cirrhosis of the liver."

I dont watch much TV, but I do enjoy the US version of Big Brother and sometimes read the forums... A while ago it was buzzing that season 10 third placer Jerry MacDonald is gravely ill. Havent been any new developments lately. He may be pulling a Geoffrey Hughes.

The villain of 1994's 'The Real World: San Francisco' David "Puck" Rainey has been troubled as long as he's been famous. His behavior got him kicked out of the Real World house when he was on the show. He was sentenced to a year in jail in 2009 for battery on his girlfriend. In 2010 he was involved in a DUI crash with his 8 year-old son in the car. He was arrested again in 2011 for "suspicion of felony corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant."

Shifty Shellshock is a musician from the band Crazytown who made appearances on vh1's 'Celebrity Rehab.' He has struggled with addiction and was arrested last year on outstanding warrants after a report of domestic disturbance between him and his girlfriend.

Kari Ann Peniche is a beauty queen from Oregon who later appeared in Playboy and then in 'Celebrity Rehab.' She has struggled with crystal meth. My mom watches the show. She thinks that Kari is one of the more iffy ones.

Mercedes Scelba-Shorte is the runner-up from the second season of 'America's Next Top Model.' She revealed on the show that she lives with the auto-immune disease lupus. Ive read that lupus doesnt necessarily make her at risk.. but if anyone wants to read up on her...

Lisa D'Amato is another Top Model who recently won 'Top Model: All-Stars' and appeared on 'Celebrity Rehab' for alcoholism. It was revealed that she wasnt really supposed to win Top Model and that she only won because another woman was disqualified. That kind of guilt, if any, may trigger those old ways..

Matthew Roloff is the father from the TLC series 'Little People, Big World.' He stated on the show that he expects to only live for a matter of months due to complications of his dwarfism. Nothings happened since then. He may have said that just for show.

This next one is just kind of a sad story... Big Brother 11 contestant Michele Noonan was convinced that her appearance on the show made her a superstar with a huge fanbase. She was mistaken. She left everything behind, even her husband to chase after that fame, and got nothing out of it. Again.. guilt?

Of course, we all know about Ethan Zohn who has cancer. He's said lately that he's been feeling great and getting better. But its not really over for him. He could also be fibbing.

On top of that list you should definitely read up on celebrities from 'Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.' Two cast members died just last year. (Mike Starr and Jeff Conaway)

You might also be interested in the show 'The Contender', a show about fighters. There seems to be a lot of hot-headedness there. Two cast members have died from somewhat suicidal means. In 2005, boxer Najai Turpin killed himself before the show aired. And this year, Jeff Fraza died when he was hit by a train.

Sooo... if anyone wants to add any to the list, please do so

• Like 1

Reality tv staple Gary Busey who is almost 70 and has a history of legal problems and substance abuse is probably overdue for his appointed with the grim reaper.

Also as already mentioned in the Survivor thread Jessica "Sugar" Kipper based on the trainwreck factors and Rudy Boesch,84 because of his age also merit being listed.

And also any number of people from the Rock Of Love and Flavor Of Love or spinoff shows seem the type of people who could OD. Although I am not familiar enough with any of the people to predict who in particular is adrug overdose candidate or who might become the next Ryan Jenkins.

• Like 1

Of course, we all know about Ethan Zohn who has cancer. He's said lately that he's been feeling great and getting better. But its not really over for him. He could also be fibbing.

He underwent stem cell treatment a few weeks ago. So probably sometime in April the results of whether his surgery was a success or not will be known.

http://www.cnn.com/2...p-people-death/

Mitchell Guist from the series Swamp People has died. According to wikipedia the show is about Alligator hunters in Cajun Louisiana.So theoretically after Deadliest Catch this seems like the 2nd most likely reality show to have someone die consider their occupations.

America's Next Top Model contestant Jael Strauss has struggled with meth addiction since her appearance on the show six years ago.

And in a recent episode of Teen Mom, Butch Baltierra told his son that he loves cocaine more than his family before he was whisked off to prison. Dont know if he's still in there or doing better.

http://www.people.co...0603790,00.html

Diem Brown from Real World/Road Rules Challenge shows has had her Ovarian Cancer reoccur

Apparently this is months old news but anyway I just heard about it today from someone who watches that show a lot.

Tonya Cooley's toothbrush rape case has been settled. Wonder if she'll be getting herself into anymore trouble after this. She did swear that 'Fresh Meat' would be her last challenge. She probably shouldve kept that promise.

Been watching 'I'm a celebrity.... Get me out of here' for the last week or so. Doesn't look as if anybody's close to death there, but Helen Flanagan deserves to be bitch slapped for the rest of her life. I've never seen anybody as shit scared in all my life. The episode she bottled it when a light went out made me cringe with embarrassment.

Anybody on the show (assuming, like me you don't have a life) you'd gladly love to see the back of?

Guest Guest

yes.Eric Bristow.He's a big ignorant odious twat

Been watching 'I'm a celebrity.... Get me out of here' for the last week or so. Doesn't look as if anybody's close to death there, but Helen Flanagan deserves to be bitch slapped for the rest of her life. I've never seen anybody as shit scared in all my life. The episode she bottled it when a light went out made me cringe with embarrassment.

Anybody on the show (assuming, like me you don't have a life) you'd gladly love to see the back of?

Who the fuck is Helen Flanagan?

(don't bother to answer that)

FFS, Anybody who watches the show deserves to go. Anybody who admits so in a public forum, doubly so. (imo)

So I was looking for health updates on Ethan Zohn since he was on my shortlist for DDP and went on his twitter and scrolled to see if he posted anything relevant and I saw this was posted in Sept

Ethan Zohn@EthanZohn

If anyone is interested in the amazing drug that helped save my life, Adcetris (brentuximab vedotin), Dr. Anas... http://fb.me/RzHQGzbr

It seems like he might be on the mend

Lee Thompson otherwise known as "Uncle Poodle" from the highly popular 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' reveals he is HIV positive.

Top Model and Celebrity Rehab star Lisa D'Amato recovering from facial injuries from "freak accident." Could she be next on the Celebrity Rehab hit list?

• Like 1