Estuarian Float

Reality TV

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Man said:

Former Bachelorette contestant Tyler Gwozdz has died from an apparent drug overdose, aged 29.

I make that a Scrabble score of 38, so he easily qualifies for the Scrabble thread if you can find it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

I make that a Scrabble score of 38, so he easily qualifies for the Scrabble thread if you can find it.

• Thanks 1

I don't think Love Island is going to last for long anymore. The following have died:

• Sophie Gradon - 2018 - suicide
  • Mike Thalassitis - 2019 - sucide
  • Caroline flack - 2020 - suicide (in last 24 hours)
Maybe there needs to be a new thread "curse of Love Island".

6 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I don't think Love Island is going to last for long anymore. The following have died:

• Sophie Gradon - 2018 - suicide
  • Mike Thalassitis - 2019 - sucide
  • Caroline flack - 2020 - suicide (in last 24 hours)
Maybe there needs to be a new thread "curse of Love Island".

Three deaths in 3 years?  Nah..

As many people have died from that show as have from Strictly, haven't there? And one of those was Bruce Forsyth.

(Caroline counts twice, obvs)

She's also sadly the 2nd presenter of the I'm A Celebrity Extra Camp spin off show to die young following Tara Palmer Tompkinsons death aged 45 just 3 years ago. :(

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

A 31 year old female producer from the Jeremy Kyle show has committed suicide 

Who'll that be then? ;)

Edit: Natasha Reddican

Edited by Cat O'Falk
Edited to add the name for search purposes.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Craig Gilbert, creator of the 1973 docuseries An American Family, recognized as the first ever reality series, has died.  He was 94. The show introduced audiences to the first openly gay character, the family's eldest son.  The show's patriarch, William Loud, died in 2018 and his death was acknowledged in this thread.

https://www.advocate.com/television/2020/4/18/creator-tvs-first-gay-reality-show-american-family-has-died

• Like 1

With all the 'rona afflicting care homes, it made me wonder about the two sets of people who appeared in Old People's Home for Four Year Olds" as it must potentially be sweeping a whole wave of reality "stars". Nothing found recently, but when looking, I found that the oldest featured member (in series two), Sylvia Fairholme,  died at the grand old age of 104 back in February,  "https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/tribute-mum-104-who-captured-3893781

I found both series to be one of the most heartwarming programmes I've watched in the last 10 years or so, but I appreciate it's not everybody's cup of tea.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

With all the 'rona afflicting care homes, it made me wonder about the two sets of people who appeared in Old People's Home for Four Year Olds" as it must potentially be sweeping a whole wave of reality "stars". Nothing found recently, but when looking, I found that the oldest featured member (in series two), Sylvia Fairholme,  died at the grand old age of 104 back in February,  "https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/tribute-mum-104-who-captured-3893781

I found both series to be one of the most heartwarming programmes I've watched in the last 10 years or so, but I appreciate it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Similarly I was watching the ITV programme "100 Year old Drivers" a few weeks ago. It's on YouTube here.

Quite an amusing watch. It aired in 2017. I did a little Googling after, found a few obits but quite a few of the participants still seem to be around. Some are getting into oldest living Brits territory.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Similarly I was watching the ITV programme "100 Year old Drivers" a few weeks ago. It's on YouTube here.

Quite an amusing watch. It aired in 2017. I did a little Googling after, found a few obits but quite a few of the participants still seem to be around. Some are getting into oldest living Brits territory.

Lets hope the fuckers still aren't out there driving!

• Haha 1

Grandma Lee, a senior citizen stand-up comedienne and finalist on the fourth season of America's Got Talent, has died.  She was 85.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8255353/Americas-Got-Talent-comedian-Grandma-Lee-passes-away-85.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

And now his wife, June Bernicoff, has followed at the age of 82.

I believe June Bernicoff was previously picked for the DDP in her own right, so List of The Missed.

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I believe June Bernicoff was previously picked for the DDP in her own right, so List of The Missed.

Ah, cool.

Note for everyone - there's about 40, 000 celebrities (from memory it might be close to twice that number) in the database so if you spot a List of the Missed name, use that term in your post as I can Search it and add them on my updates.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Oh dear, sorry to hear that. She was probably my favourite contestant on there. 

She's 54 and her surname is Gardiner

https://www.britishsoftball.org/news/view/manchester-softball-league-player-and-son-on-bbc-challenge/

Well there goes my "the DDP wont accept Race Around the World's Jo as an acceptable answer on its own, sorry" gag. :lol:

Shay Razaei, who competed in the Australian reality series Instant Hotel, has died. She was 33. Her teammate Mikey Gelo confirmed she died two weeks ago after an alleged battle with drugs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8418583/Instant-Hotels-Mikey-Gelo-confirms-Shay-Razaei-died-following-alleged-battle-drugs.html