Estuarian Float

Reality TV

1 hour ago, msc said:

Was originally a kid who showed up on Wogan at the age of 10 to talk antiques in a posh voice as a joke segment. (So had had years of training for that before hand.) Kept getting TV spots as a "child prodigy expert". Claims to have been bullied by their family from an early age over being too feminine. Turned out about 20 years ago their psychiatrist from early childhood was actually a fake name for their mum, who was pretending to be a councillor. As an early public trans person, has had a fairly regular media spot since but has always come across as someone mentally fucked over by their family who was still struggling to deal with it.

Like I said, crap parents. Treat a child like a test subject for your own money making and you are a shithead imo (to say nothing of the bullying/screwing over their health etc)...

Wasn't it Keith Allen who found out about the mum being the fake psychiatrist who had also signed off on the surgery when he did a a programme about her and the family?

• Like 2

She was on an episode of Naked Attraction and was unreasonably furious when she was voted out. If I remember correctly I think she was voted off the show right after the male suitor saw her face.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 24/02/2023 at 03:12, Lafaucheuse said:

Joe exotic cancer update 

Joe Exotic is running for president

“But I totally have cancer in me, honest.”

Jerry Springer - The Funeral

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Best ever: 

I thought they were the same person, so wasn't unduly surprised by the revelation. :D

• Haha 1

I believe that makes Springer the ninth person from the much-loved "guest host" era of Monday Night Raw to have died, after Betty White, Larry King, Florence Henderson, Roddy Piper, Verne Troyer, Dusty Rhodes, Dusty Hill and Grumpy Cat

50 minutes ago, Imelda said:

Jerry Springer - The Funeral

Bye Bye Jerry!  I hope his funeral is not as insane and epithet-laden as his shows!!!

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

This is most welcome news indeed. A parasite who fed off the weakness and freakdom of others. 

• Facepalm 1

Springer was a tv mainstay for those home from school sick. Bob Barker was the other big name that people associate with sick days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I believe that makes Springer the ninth person from the much-loved "guest host" era of Monday Night Raw to have died, after Betty White, Larry King, Florence Henderson, Roddy Piper, Verne Troyer, Dusty Rhodes, Dusty Hill and Grumpy Cat

I dare say there's a thread for this already, but Jerry is also the latest of several QI panellists who've failed to make it to Series Z. Off the top of my head Victoria Wood, Linda Smith, John Sessions, Sean Lock, Carrie Fisher and Terry Wogan are others. Not sure if Sean Hughes  ever appeared on the show. 

• Like 2

There used to be British daytime talk shows that at least tried to be serious and deal with real subjects, with people like Mavis Nicholson. Then in the 90s the influence of American trash corrupted the whole genre beyond redemption.

25 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I dare say there's a thread for this already, but Jerry is also the latest of several QI panellists who've failed to make it to Series Z. Off the top of my head Victoria Wood, Linda Smith, John Sessions, Sean Lock, Carrie Fisher and Terry Wogan are others. Not sure if Sean Hughes  ever appeared on the show. 

Jeremy Hardy, Barry Cryer and Barry Humphries too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Jeremy Hardy, Barry Cryer and Barry Humphries too.

Just skimmed through IMDb, the only other name I recognised who's gone was Kit Hesketh-Harvey. There's one or two whose careers haven't lasted but that's a different discussion.

• Like 3

On 26/04/2023 at 16:51, gcreptile said:

Still in hospital, but awake and alert, thanking fans and posting pics of herself.

Will no doubt be discharged in a few days. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole ordeal was exaggerated for press coverage. That entire family is desperate for attention (don't believe me, go look at their YouTube channel).

• Like 1

Collected some news from the reality TV realm...

Guerdy Abraira from 'The Real Housewives of Miami' has been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer.

Jessica Simpson's father Joe Simpson diagnosed with bone cancer.

Dakota Hunt from 'Gold Rush White Water' diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer.

Lizzy Musi from 'Street Outlaws' diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer after doctors dismissed a lump in her breast.

Mama June not optimistic about her daughter Chickadee's survival or longevity.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Estuarian Float said:

Mama June not optimistic about her daughter Chickadee's survival or longevity.

These were some of the most depressing quotes I ever read. Aside from talking about how her daughter was dying soon in details, they are also exploiting her last moments for reality tv. The mom comes across as a narcissist.

19 minutes ago, lilham said:

These were some of the most depressing quotes I ever read. Aside from talking about how her daughter was dying soon in details, they are also exploiting her last moments for reality tv. The mom comes across as a narcissist.

The mother's boyfriend abused said daughter and went to jail for 10 years, then when he was released they got back together. That whole family needs more than therapy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1