Estuarian Float

Reality TV

He had just moved into my back up slots - though not because of Gillian Rolton - but yes, the obitability... I assumed an indirect obit through whatever the el-Moussas are currently going through was more likely. The Daily Mail never covered him. 

• Like 1

Yep, shortlisted, but on the 95% likelihood he'd be off before 31st December due to DNS, as it turns out 100% likelihood.

Did we know how old he was?

Former Gogglebox irritating-cackler Sandra Martin has been forced to quit panto after just one performance as 'The Spirit of the Ring' in Aladdin. She claims it's because of high blood pressure, rumours elsewhere say it's because she turned up pissed as a fart. Neither suggest sparkling health.

21 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Most helpful Ami Brown update in months:

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/alaskan-bush-people-exclusive-smiling-ami-brown-is-showered-with-love-in-trailer-for-christmas-special/

She looks bad, but then again, she might be looking dead instead.

Cancer free apparently. Good for her...

5 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Cancer free apparently. Good for her...

It's a miracle worthy of Lazarus. Or PT Barnum...

Honestly, I was having my doubts about the severity of her illness for a while. I think much of it was a ploy to get their show renewed. 

• Like 1

Yeah, while some people do hold on longer than expected, the constant "she's only days away now" updates did make me think it might've been a stunt for a while...

• Like 1

As if the honest people of Alaskan Bush People would commit fraud.

The way this story's rolling out gives some Larry Pickering deja vu.

(finds name in the middle of the year) Sounds dire, they'll never get near the new year.

(late December, still kicking) How on earth are they still breathing?

(looks over them again in the final days, grows suspicious) Oh, that's why.

(one year later) Yeah, that's why.

Quincy Jones (not the proper one) is still going strong too.

I wonder if that means that reality stars are turning into the "be wary about them" type pick?

I dont think she is faking.She looks like death warmed up.

I'd also been starting to think she was a fraud. Deathbed in August, but still well enough to appear on TV in December? Plus this article I saw about her family faking their accents made me think they could be faking other things. 

Never trust reality TV stars. It's what I learned from Duck Dynasty.

Either way, there's always a chance she wasn't faking, just exaggerating the illness. But even if that's the case, the fact that she's in remission makes her a bad pick... for now.

Yes, I think she exaggerated. Like Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife "Oh I have stage 2 throat cancer. It's a 50:50 chance!"

I don't doubt that she at least was somewhat ill, cause like Sean said, she does look a bit frail. But I suspect the illness was much more stage 2 cancer than the stage 3 and beyond type cancer...

Not on my main team, then.

*Fucking faking bitch*

2 hours ago, drol said:

Not on my main team, then.

*Fucking faking bitch*

Yeah, how dare you ruin my Deathrace team by surviving!  The nerve!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Hold on a minute. Maybe she’s not cured of cancer. I don’t know what to believe at this point...

I reckon the chemo has been more successful than expected but that she has stage 4 cancer and will not make a full recovery.She probably has a few months and maybe a year or 2 at the most. of course that is if she carries on responding very well to treatment.I do not believe she is faking.She has clearly lost a lot of weight and physical strength and has the look of someone with cancer.As the Brown's are under contract I am guessing they can't clarify much.So yes the network is playing the story and leaving us guessing but if it is a fabrication that is Oscar winning acting that even Daniel Day_Lewis could not pull off.

this is not that unsurprising considering she was diagnosed around the same time as Leah Bracknell who could not have chemo and is still going.I still can't see Bracknell or Brown making next Christmas.

Just look at this image.She is visibly very unwell.Seasoned deadpoolers will remember when reports went around that Ronnie James Dio and Robin Gibb were free of cancer.More recently Johnny Hallyday said he was not that seriously ill and his life was not in danger.Stefan Karl was also said to be "cured" only for a later clarification.

ami-brown-alaskan-bush-people-christmas-special-1.jpg

Compare the above pic from this one a while back.The difference is striking.

download.jpg

• Like 1