TAFKAG

Aung San Suu Kyi

Burmese politician and prisoner of conscience Aung San Suu Kyi has been on a drip after "suffering from low blood pressure and dehydration".

• Like 1

Burmese politician and prisoner of conscience Aung San Suu Kyi has been on a drip after "suffering from low blood pressure and dehydration".

Her health is a cause for "grave concern", say some liberal namby-pambies. I'm sure the authorities are giving her the best possible treatment.

Aung San Suu Kyi is reported to be increasingly-frail and has had to suspend her campaign for a seat in the Burmese parliament. More details here.

It would be terrible if she died while Cheney bounced back from his bout of ill health. :(

Aung San Suu Kyi is reported to be increasingly-frail and has had to suspend her campaign for a seat in the Burmese parliament. More details here.

It would be terrible if she died while Cheney bounced back from his bout of ill health. :(

She is a real hero and has given up so much of her time and life for the burmese people , if you haven't seen the movie the lady yet you should check it out brilliant performance by michelle yeoh.

Fahk sake, anyone at all can get a personal thread in these parts nowadays.

You couldn't just post that shit in the Political Frailty forum? That skill eluded you?

SC

You couldn't just post that shit in the Political Frailty forum? That skill eluded you?

SC

Dude, this thread's been here longer than you have.

• Like 1

SC

Dude, this thread's been here longer that you have.

Not just that, but she's reasonably old, not very healthy and perhaps the most well known among all the Burmese politicians, despite being sidelined by the junta for a long time. Like a Burmese Mandela?

• Like 1

Certainly one of the most well known and famous people in the world.If she doesnt warrant her own thread hardly anyone does

• Like 1

Is she a target after the violence in Myanmar (Burma as was, I'm still calling them Opal Fruits and Marathons!)?

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Myanmar (Burma as was, I'm still calling them Opal Fruits and Marathons!)?

Right.  I've got my Dad's WW2 campaign medals, and they include the Burma Star, not the "Myanmar Star".

• Like 1

On 3/26/2012 at 00:09, the_engineer said:

She is a real hero and has given up so much of her time and life for the burmese people , if you haven't seen the movie the lady yet you should check it out brilliant performance by michelle yeoh.

She is looking a bit of a cunt now.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That's a matter of opinion but she might be about as divisive as Benazir Bhutto once was; and that ended in points for a few hereabouts

6 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

That's a matter of opinion but she might be about as divisive as Benazir Bhutto once was; and that ended in points for a few hereabouts

Fair point.

So who has had the foresight to have put her on their list then?

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Fair point.

So who has had the foresight to have put her on their list then?

Bhutto

Not me - but I did, ironically, have the foresight to discuss her likely sudden death

I think it would be "funny" (if funny is the right word) if she turned into the next dictator.

• Like 1

That implies she has power in the first place, of course.

Myanmar is dealing with its Muslim problem very effectively, if only we could do the same in the UK.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

Myanmar is dealing with its Muslim problem very effectively, if only we could do the same in the UK.

The same? You mean you advocate religious persecution and ethnic cleansing? That would tarnish the UK's reputation for the next century, just as Aung San Suu Kyi has tarnished hers forever. (And possibly even that of the Nobel Peace Prize, although war criminal Kissinger is also a Laureate.)

20 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

They might be but it's a chore for the rest of us.

Had a few of them Rohingya muslims placed near us and I saw them in Tescos. What is it with those surly sods anyway; weren't up for a laugh or going for a pint!

• Like 1

On 09/09/2017 at 08:12, GossipGabe said:

The same? You mean you advocate religious persecution and ethnic cleansing? That would tarnish the UK's reputation for the next century, just as Aung San Suu Kyi has tarnished hers forever. (And possibly even that of the Nobel Peace Prize, although war criminal Kissinger is also a Laureate.)

No they're removing illegal Bengali Muslim immigrants. No ethnic cleansing or religious persecution there. If a group of people invade your territory and if you resist, kill them or drive them out is it ethnic cleansing or religious persecution or merely defending your culture and people?Listen if you can turn even the Buddhists violent you know the problem must lay with Islam and maybe what the Burmese are doing is extreme but it seems violence is the only language Muslims understand.

On 09/08/2017 at 16:51, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I don't think so I think she's more of a hero now. She is always championed herself as a hero to the Burmese people and she defended them from a tyrannical junta and now illegal immigrant Muslim terrorists,Squatters and invaders. She just don't want trucks of Islamic peace enriching the Burmese people. Wasn't it the Muslims who attacked the Burmese soldiers first again? How exactly do you think the Burmese army and the people should react? Maybe take a page out of the UK's book and carry on as normal pretending there isn't a lebenoneseque civil war coming? Name me a terror attack in Poland or the Czech Republic ? Both countries with no Islamic immigration and zero terror attacks . In fact the more Muslims in your society the more terror attacks funny that.

Fact is if we didn't have Muslim immigration in the UK and Europe in general then I can 100% guarantee alot of people who are now dead from said attacks would be alive and a lot of young girls lives ruined by being raped by muslim gangs as a child maybe living the lives they deserved to live. Sadly they were let down by their parents , police , labour party and the government in general. Mosques and kebabs aren't culturally enriching enough for me that I would sacrifice lives for. If people love Muslims and want to defend them so much there is the whole middle east to live in . What benefits to the UK and humanity in general is there to turning Bradford , London and many other places majority Muslim? Surely they would just create another Bangladesh or Pakistan . Infact these Muslim majority areas areas are already starting to look like 3rd world places. I'm sure you will blame the Tories or 'the elites' for underfunding but actually if more people are using the system and not paying tax you have a funding gap and a strain on the system. Isn't it funny before 1997 we never talked about struggling to fund the NHS.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/why-do-we-pretend-that-all-muslims-are-sweet-smiley-and-integrated/

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/themuslimissue.wordpress.com/2012/10/09/britain-sinking-under-unproductive-muslims-costing-13-billion-a-year/amp/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/685449/Patients-hit-out-struggling-A-E-North-Middlesex-third-world-country/amp

• Like 2

Far be it for me to go pedant on a rant, but actually, there were calls that the NHS was a struggle to fund from as early as 1950. It's what led to the Gaitskell "compromise" to introduce dental charges, and led to Nye resigning from the government.

Also, there was extreme money shortages in the 1980s, which led to a belief NHS services would be farmed off to private companies, hence, long story short,  Maggie Thatchers speech about the NHS being "safe with us".

• Like 2