Sign in to follow this  
Toast

A Night To Remember

Glyn Houston has died.  A very full obit from his agent mentions his appearance as a stoker in ANTR.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just going to assume @Toast is going to update the list for Honor Blackman's death.

RIP.

Yes, and kicking myself for picking Gerald Harper over her in the Silver Screen Deadpool!  :facepalm:  She would have won it for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes, and kicking myself for picking Gerald Harper over her in the Silver Screen Deadpool!  :facepalm:  She would have won it for me.

on the bright side, this means the silver screen deadpool can still become the longest-running deadpool on here. (if one of 36 people picked in the scavenger hunt dies...)

• Haha 1

Actor and stuntman Tex Fuller died on 7 October 2020:

and

https://m.facebook.com/photo?fbid=4000070866675729&set=a.25112596823692

He's not listed afaik on Toast's list on page 1 of the thread, but IMDB has him as an uncredited passenger/crewman.

Also, Doctor Who, Dangerman, Z Cars etc etc you know, the usual. Had a couple of credited roles in On The Buses and Mutiny On The Buses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hell's bells, that IMDB list has grown since I copy/pasted it on here :o

I'll have to give that some attention when I have a convenient moment.

And the appearance of Sean Connery is debunked as a myth.

"Contrary to some reports, Sean Connery did not appear in this film. The character he supposedly played was in fact played by Larry Taylor. "

I've appended the list of extra names in Post 2, and included the IMDB links.

Scroll down past the original list.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8124-a-night-to-remember/?do=findComment&comment=170718

Some of them have quite interesting CVs, and while most have exited the stage, a few are probably still with us.

Many are lacking birth/death years.  A project for the Deadpool Detectives perhaps! :D

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, death by chocolate said:

Anthony Faramus seems to have a wiki page with dates. It mentions him being in The Colditz Story and King Rat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Faramus

Fascinating story!  Thanks. 

List updated.

On 15/04/2012 at 00:02, Toast said:

Cast members added to IMDB since initial posting - all uncredited

Jack Dearlove

Wedding Guest / Waiter / Various Passengers

Thought I'd pick a name at random that has half a chance of being traceable! So, there's a Jack Dearlove who was a stand-in on Indiana Jones. Harrison Ford mentions him here as being dead. At first, I assumed they'd be different people, but his IMDB page actually says 'Known for' at the top with the Indiana Jones links but then doesn't mention them below, where it DOES mention 'A Night to Remember'. This page from the BFI lists only his Indiana Jones credits but confirms he died in 2009 (not sure on their source but tallies with Harrison Ford's comments)... I guess the thing I'm not convinced on is... if he was 20-odd at the time of ANTR (he doesn't look it in the pics I've seen), would he still be Harrison Ford's stand-in for the Indy films in the 1980s? I guess he'd only be in his 50s...depends if we're talking stunt double or blocking double? I can't find a clear photo of the stand-in from Indiana Jones to compare to other photos of him either.

33 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

his IMDB page actually says 'Known for' at the top with the Indiana Jones links but then doesn't mention them below, where it DOES mention 'A Night to Remember'

It does list the Indiana Jones credits, but under the "Additional Crew" tab - you have to scroll down.  I think stunt cast are listed separately again. 

So that all looks kosher.  Good work!

GRO lists 7 male deaths in 2009 in the name of Dearlove.  No Jacks, one John born 1914 which seems improbable.  Jack may have been a nickname of course.  There's a 1936 birth and another in 1937 which are the only feasible ones.  He may have died outside England & Wales though.

Might be in the US, given the Hollywood work...I'm working on another now. :lol:

• Like 1

Cast members added to IMDB since initial posting - all uncredited

Frank Schock

Passenger

This forum all about extras suggests that Frank Schock died in 1973 (Post #2725). Somewhere (I forget where) I saw a reference back to a post detailing the Schock family's biographies. I found this post here (Post #103). Suggests they're a familiar of actors and gives dates with some seeming validity. This site has pictures of the actors in the film (I think it's an update of the site Handy linked on page 3, but that link didn't work) and on there, 3 Schocks are listed - you've only got one! Sounds like a nightmare of a film to document. :lol: Finally for now, this site is as obsessed with extras as we are with death and that particular post is from a guy who seems to have done huge amounts of research into ANTR. Might be worth dropping him a post, he may be able to fill in a lot of gaps!

Stopping for now, this is a rabbit hole one could forever get stuck down!

Wow @ the photos.  Three of Jack Dearlove, and he looks older than 20ish.  :scratchhead:

image.png.f6a21794ab210ab1054eb5b1ede884bc.png

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Wow @ the photos.  Three of Jack Dearlove, and he looks older than 20ish.  :scratchhead:

Yeah...that was my thinking. There are 22 years between ANTR and the first Indy film, and nearly another 10 before the last regular Indy film. I really don't know - there's so little about either to confirm!

By the way, there are 6(!) photos of Dearlove - there's two rows one underneath the other! "Here, put this on..."

I think it's safe to say he's no longer with us, anyway.  Which goes for most of them. 

If we're looking for surviving cast members, it's really the younger ones that need pursuing.   (Sorry to be Captain Obvious)

• Like 1

The Blake Twins (Janice & Jennifer ) ? Titanic Passengers (uncredited)

Taking your suggestion on board Captain, these shouldn't be that difficult to trace with a bit of lateral thinking. Comparing two lists on FreeBMD going back in time from 1958, I came across these matching records:

image.png.78ddae8b7d035a7e84e300c1328da504.pngimage.png.7f9ad172fbd34c349f293fd6490d12c6.png

Too perfect not to be the right ones. Looks like mum may have been unmarried? Tracing forward, there's only one Janice R Blake married on their records, in Dec. q. 1976:

BLAKE, Janice R. to FRENCH, Anthony D. in Bexley, London

There are 3 Jennifer M. Blake's married between 1974 and 1984, but not in the same areas - first one's in Bishop's Stortford (closest to London), second's in Tavistock and the third's in NE Hampshire. I am ever so slightly leaning towards the last one, only because searching for Janice R French on Google threw up this on 192.com which is our lady, living in...Alresford, Hampshire! Last seen in 2015, but no matching death records on Ancestry thus far, for either her or Anthony, so looks like Janice's still going at 70-odd. 

Right...bed! :facepalm::lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Last seen in 2015, but no matching death records on Ancestry thus far, for either her or Anthony, so looks like Janice's still going at 70-odd. 

Use the GRO Index for deaths in the last 20 years. They're not on FreeBMD and most of them are not on Ancestry!

You'll have to sign up with an email address but it's worth it:

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/indexes_search.asp

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Use the GRO Index for deaths in the last 20 years. They're not on FreeBMD and most of them are not on Ancestry!

Fantastic resource.  You can only search in 5-year blocks, so without a clue it can be time-consuming, but hey.

The GRO births and deaths are completely revised indexes, so not the same as on FreeBMD.  There are still errors and omissions though .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Thanks for the tip Ultizer, I've used the GRO direct before for ordering certificates for Family History purposes. Having had an explore, there's only one match for a Janice French dying after 2015 and she's not the right age, and there's a few Anthony French's but none in the right area, or the right years or with the middle initial. As they'd only be 70-odd it's perfectly feasible they're both still alive, although according to 192.com, Anthony's not listed for 2015 whereas Janice is - did they split up, or maybe he went in a home?

• Like 1

June Cowell

Workhouse Girl

Thought I'd have another look for some younger members of the cast and here's an absolute doozy of a find! She definitely won't die off radar - she's Simon Cowell's sister

June, like Simon, had early dreams of stardom and some success. In 1960, she was a child star in the cult British science-fiction film Village Of The Damned, the only girl to get a speaking role.

She was born in Sept. q. 1950 in Stafford to Eric Cowell and Jeannette Sevier. She moved to Spain in her early 20s after a holiday romance and still lives there, but just keep an eye out for "Cowell mourns for dead sister" in the Daily Star and you'll find her.

• Shocked 1

Wow, this really is the film that keeps on giving.  :D

Have we mentioned that Peter Grant, an uncredited extra, later became the manager of Led Zeppelin?

Irene French

Irish Girl

Ok, one more for now - her IMDB says she's been in two short films over the past 5 years, including one this year. Both are from Australia, so I assume she's living over there. The latest one formed part of a pitch at this festival near Bondi Beach in 2018 (not sure if that was just an idea rather than the finished film though). It was called 'Emerald Way' and although it has its own IMDB page, helpfully with 15 stills included, there's none specifically tagging Irene French so I can't tell you how she looks or even what she looks like. I also can't definitively confirm that this Irene French is the same one as the child actress from the 1950s and 60s, although IMDB claims she is. :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Updated for Jeremy Bulloch.

Although the massive injection of extras has made this undertaking somewhat more daunting.