Sign in to follow this  
Toast

A Night To Remember

John Richardson has died of COVID-19 at 86.

• Thanks 1

On 21/01/2021 at 23:59, YoungWillz said:

Telegraph obit.

Says she was hospitalised with something else then caught COVID in there.

Survived by her twin sister Pamela Chamberlain (IMDb).

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Telegraph obit.

Says she was hospitalised with something else then caught COVID in there.

Survived by her twin sister Pamela Chamberlain (IMDb).

Interesting. I didn't realise she had been a choreographer on The Amazing Mr Blunden, one of my favourite films from childhood.  

• Like 1

Uncredited Passenger Roy Everson appears to have died off radar: https://www.facebook.com/groups/924369711362969/posts/1169054006894537/

A notable extra, he played a reporter in A Hard Day's Night, a shop salesman in Crooks Anonymous and a parent in Carry On Teacher. Also a stand in for David Prowse in the Star Wars thing and for Sean Connery in at least three movies. Reportedly 95. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 15/04/2012 at 00:02, Toast said:

*snip*

Jack Mandeville

b 1921

Crewman

*snip*

@Toast, Jack Mandeville died on 2 May 1995 in his native Hampshire according to a recent update to his IMDb page. I had a look at the death index and it checks out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Updating for the death of the lovely John Cairney.  :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-66739513

John Cairney speaking in 2012 about A Night to Remember (1958):

"It's one of my favourite films and it seemed like a really big film to me at the time. It was a lovely story all about the realism of what could have really happened. Cameron's Titanic (1997) is very different. I think it began life as a film about the shipwreck and developed into the feature film. Theirs was very hi-tech, ours was high heart.

Leonardo DiCaprio played the same part I did, which was obviously fattened out for him. But it was the lower-class guy falling in love with the girl and the class borders being broken down and, while the steerage class were locked in, my character found a way out, and so did DiCaprio's. The difference was, he was paid thousands of pounds a second and I was paid £20 a day. I think Cameron forced him into some underwater feats I could never have done and they are very different films...

I really enjoyed A Night to Remember (1958), and it has lasted so well. It was film number four of my seven-picture deal with Rank at Pinewood. We would finish one, have a quick break and move on to the next one. The first I knew about it was when I was asked if I could do an Irish accent."

• Like 3
  • Sad 2