Spade_Cooley

Ryan O'Neal

2 hours ago, Desmond Tutu said:

There's really nothing new in this, but I have him on my top 50 list for a reason.  With that history of drug abuse, the history of health problems, and as frail as he's been for a while, I think he's a solid under-the-radar bet.  Plus his son, Patrick O'Neal (who is a Los Angeles-area sports reporter), has been unafraid recently to say how much he loves his dad and there was that article in the LA Times last year about the gym they opened together (they recently had to close it down due to the coronavirus outbreak).  I don't know, it just feels like Patrick doesn't want the world to forget his father, and maybe that's because he doesn't have much time left.  Maybe I'm misreading that but I just have a hunch.  

I also failed to mention that Patrick has campaigned this year on Twitter to get his father a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  He says his father doesn't care one bit but that he's the one that cares about it.  Could be that he wants his dad to get that recognition while he's still alive.  

• Like 2

Looks like absolute shit here:

33158894-8730559-image-a-30_160008220842

Apparently has reunited with Tatum due to him having a "heart condition".

Kevin O'Neal, younger brother of Ryan who starred on the 1960s comedy No Time for Sergeants, dead at 77.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tracy said:

Kevin O'Neal, younger brother of Ryan who starred on the 1960s comedy No Time for Sergeants, dead at 77.

Wow. Didn't expect Ryan to outlive Kevin.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ajlposh said:

Daughter Tatum had a near-fatal overdose/stroke in May 2020

Her daughter Emily calls her an "unblelievable survivor" - perhaps, more accurately she's unbelievable and a survivor.

• Like 1

Sad but not a surprise given his health history.

On 25/04/2023 at 07:58, The Daredevil said:

8 minutes ago, tracy said:

It's another of those "wow he/she looks well" to dead within months.

This is your "they look healthy in this recent pic" warning for 2024! :lol:

Seriously, though, RIP to one of the great heartthrobs of yesteryear.

• Like 1

Coincidentally I was reading this article about how his film career died only this morning. I know him mainly through Barry Lyndon and being Tom Scavo's dad in Desperate Housewives.

Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God! Oh man! Oh God!

• Haha 3

Farrah now has her Faucet. ;)

• Haha 1

I was going to re-insert him on my lists for next year, as he was a previous occupant on my Top 50.  Just so many drug-fueled decades, and it finally caught up with him.  RIP.  

He was great in Barry Lyndon. RIP.

A Peyton Place thread (unless one is languishing in the depths of Deathlist) would be useful. So many big names at the time (most gone now) & young aspiring actors such as Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, Leigh Taylor Young & Mia Farrow. Apparently Mia's husband at the time was Frank Sinatra & he made it clear to the production team & his wife that he did not want her committed to a long running series - she was quickly written out despite being an integral character!

• Like 1