Doreen Mantle is on Doctors today. 91 this year. Seems to be in rude health, but hey she's up there with June Brown imo.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Doreen Mantle is on Doctors today. 91 this year. Seems to be in rude health, but hey she's up there with June Brown imo.

Is acting the only profession in which one can work almost literally from the cradle to the grave?

10 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Prostitution?

Planning a trip to Cambodia Spadey?

On 2017-01-25 at 08:49, Bibliogryphon said:

Following on from the Death of Gordon Kaye and the continuing existence of Bernard Hepton and my own unique DDP Clifford Rose I have compiled a list of 20 Secret Army survivors

1. Bernard Hepton
  2. Jan Francis
  3. Angela Richards
  4. Christopher Neame
  5. Clifford Rose
  6. Michael Culver
  7. Juliet Hammond-Hill
  8. Ron Pember
  9. Eileen Page
  10. Maria Charles
  11. Gunnar Moller
  12. Stephen Yardley
  13. John D. Collins
  14. Hazel McBride
  15. Paul Shelley
  16. Terence Hardiman
  17. Michael Byrne
  18. Stephen Chase
  19. Bruce Montague
  20. John Ratzenberger

Not all of them will necessarily obit but many of them may be noted on Twitter. Big crossover with Blakes' 7 and Doctor Who

I think that Gunnar Möller in particular should be able to get an obrituary (my made-up word for "acceptable" obituaries in DDP). I mean, it's not every day that you have an actor who once killed his own wife! :o

Oh, and he's also portrayed Adolf Hitler on at least three separate occasions during his 70+ year long career.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Predictor said:

I think that Gunnar Möller in particular should be able to get an obrituary (my made-up word for "acceptable" obituaries in DDP). I mean, it's not every day that you have an actor who once killed his own wife! :o

Having never heard of him before, I do rather like the contrast between the Wiki pages for him and his wife:

Gunnar Möller (born 1 July 1928) is a German television and film actor. He was married to the actress Brigitte Rau until her death in 1979.

versus

Brigitte Rau (31 December 1933 – 24 September 1979) was a German actress. She was married to Gunnar Möller until he killed her in 1979.

• Like 10

James Walker, a mainly stage actor who had a role in a couple of TV shows and films (notably Nineteen Eighty-Four, in which he played Syme) has died aged 76.

Tony Haygarth (IMDB), a British stage and screen actor who has appeared in many TV shows including Doctors, Midsummer Murders, Casualty, The Bill and was the voice of Mr Tweedy in Chicken Run, has died aged 72.

9 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Tony Haygarth (IMDB), a British stage and screen actor who has appeared many TV shows including Doctors, Midsummer Murders, Casualty, The Bill and was the voice of Mr Tweedy in Chicken Run, has died aged 72 according to social media. 

Sad news indeed, have resisted picking him for the last of couple of years. Personally remember him in particular from Scully and Our Friends In The North, as well as The Ghosts of Motley Hall.

• Like 1

I think he was diagnosed with Alzheimers a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I think he was diagnosed with Alzheimers a few years ago.

Yes you're right. Here is the article from the Express about it, be interesting to see if they bother to follow it up with an obituary. 

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Here's another sad loss. John Forgeham (Footballers Wives, The Italian Job) has died. http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/italian-job-john-forgeham-dead-10006919

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Forgeham

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0286225/

The great Jim Baines, of Crossroads. 

• Like 1

Lugubrious midlands actor John Forgeham has died after falling out of bed aged 75...

EDIT: Oops just noticed it's already up.

When I challenged someone about Murder She Wrote the other day it did get me thinking about that sort of show.

So I present to you a list of 25 survivors from the BBC Miss Marple adaptations with the late Joan Hickson. Lots of top notch British thesps here

1. Joss Ackland b.1928

2. Moray Watson b.1928

3. Liz Fraser b.1930

4. Claire Bloom b.1931

5. Kenneth Cope b.1931

6. Jean Boht b.1932

7. Caroline Blakiston b.1933

8. Timothy West b.1934

9. Jess Conrad b.1936

10. Terrance Hardiman b.1937

11. Michael Culver b.1938

12. Barry Newman b.1938

13. John Castle b.1940

14. David Collings b.1940

15. Judy Cornwell b.1940

16. Andrew Burt b.1945

17. Joanna David b.1947

18. Annette Badland b.1949

19. Cheryl Campbell b.1949

20. Peter Davison b.1951

21. Sabrina Franklyn b.1954

22. Trudie Styler b.1954

23. Arthur Bostrom b.1955

24. Adrian Lukis b.1957

25. Sophie Ward b.1964

This is not a comprehensive list.

• Like 2

Aye, and Joss Ackland lives - 20 years after Brass Eye tried to convince the world that Joss Ackland's Spunky Backpack was a slang name for a Class A drug

Jean Boht looked amazingly chirpy at Carla Lane's funeral, as did Nerys Hughes and Wendy Craig. It'd have to be an incredibly long list before they get on.

• Like 2