@Toast In terms of being basic I have been having a little think and I would say that my impression of you is and how I imagine  and visualise you to be is a combination  blend of Joan Collins and Penelope Keith with a tiny sprinkling of   Jane Moore of Loose Women thrown in!

I have no idea how accurate I am but by most peoples reckoning that is above basic I'd say!:D;)

13 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@Toast In terms of being basic I have been having a little think and I would say that my impression of you is and how I imagine  and visualise you to be is a combination  blend of Joan Collins and Penelope Keith with a tiny sprinkling of   Jane Moore of Loose Women thrown in!

I have no idea how accurate I am but by most peoples reckoning that is above basic I'd say!:D;)

:lol:  I wouldn't say you were very close there :lol:  although I do happen to know someone connected with one of those ladies.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

:lol:  I wouldn't say you were very close there :lol:  although I do happen to know someone connected with one of those ladies.

Ooh you've piqued my curiosity there!

I'm going to guess Penelope Keith is the person someone you know is connected with?I seem to recall you saying your MP was the wealthiest mp in the country which would have been Richard Benyon?Penelope Keith seems like shed be from that part of the UK whereas Joan Collins lives in London  and Jane Moore does too I think.

Just my guesswork!So you don't think you are like Joan Collins in any distinctive way ?

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

50 minutes ago, Toast said:

43 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Ooh you've piqued my curiosity there!

I'm going to guess Penelope Keith is the person someone you know is connected with?I seem to recall you saying your MP was the wealthiest mp in the country which would have been Richard Benyon?Penelope Keith seems like shed be from that part of the UK whereas Joan Collins lives in London  and Jane Moore does too I think.

Just my guesswork!So you don't think you are like Joan Collins in any distinctive way ?

I can see a new Deadpool game coming up.  :lol:

• Haha 1

I regret I am not nearly as well preserved as Miss Collins :lol:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Toast said:

I regret I am not nearly as well preserved as Miss Collins :lol:

In your heyday did you look more like Joan or Penelope?!

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

In your heyday did you look more like Joan or Penelope?!

:lol:

• Haha 1

Ah, I see this has become the Guess Who Toast Reminds You Of thread now.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, msc said:

I dread to think who I remind people of!:lol:

Michael Medwin is 96. He was a matinee idol in the 50's but many will remember him as the radio boss in Shoestring in which he was the superior of Trevor Eve's investigative radio reporter. When Trevor Eve declined the opportunity to do any more series, the creator of the show Robert Banks Stewart was asked to come up with another series & he devised Bergerac which ran for 9 series & made a star of John Nettles.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, msc said:

I once had a dream that Toast and I met on holiday and went on a carriage ride together. In the dream she looked a little bit like Carol Drinkwater for the first bit of the ride then morphing into Gemma Jones later on. Is that accurate at all @Toast

Just to clarify this was Carol and Gemma in their youngers days, not the age they are now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

I once had a dream that Toast and I met on holiday and went on a carriage ride together. In the dream she looked a little bit like Carol Drinkwater for the first bit of the ride then morphing into Gemma Jones later on. Is that accurate at all @Toast

Just to clarify this was Carol and Gemma in their youngers days, not the age they are now.

I couldn't say,  I'm not really aware of any resemblance to anyone well-known.  Can't recall anyone mentioning such.  Sorry to be so dull :lol:

22 minutes ago, Toast said:

I couldn't say,  I'm not really aware of any resemblance to anyone well-known.  Can't recall anyone mentioning such.  Sorry to be so dull :lol:

I always imagine Elsie Tanner.

Dark, sultry and takes no shit from anybody.

Am I warm Toastie?:D

18 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I always imagine Elsie Tanner.

:o

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Not dull. It means you are a one off.

I, on the other hand have been told I look like so many people I even considered making it a theme team a few years ago, until I realised that a lot of them are already dead and three of them are carton characters.

• Haha 1

On 09/02/2020 at 09:20, Gooseberry Crumble said:

25 year old British actor Raphael Coleman who starred in Nanny McPhee has sadly died it has been announced on social media .

Raphael Coleman obit: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10935266/nanny-mcphee-actor-raphael-coleman-collapses-and-dies-aged-25/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunmaintwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1581362373

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

Not dull. It means you are a one off.

I, on the other hand have been told I look like so many people I even considered making it a theme team a few years ago, until I realised that a lot of them are already dead and three of them are carton characters.

A few years ago I got new glasses which I thought made me look like Harrison Ford

See the source image

when in  fact they made look more like Bill Oddie

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I'd like to join in on this game, but I have no idea who I look like. 

I was once told I look like Pep Guardiola.

However it was in Africa and I think they were essentially saying I was a white man in a suit.

13 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

I'd like to join in on this game, but I have no idea who I look like. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Was watching Frank Windsor of Z Cars and life insurance ads fame, guest appearing on vintage EastEnders from 1992 the other day, turns 93 this year seemingly retired since 2000. Anyone know anything? 

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 10:44, Bibliogryphon said:

It is time for another list.

Here are a list of actors and production crew who from Inspector Morse.

Because of its format and subject matter many of the stars and guest stars are now dead: John Thaw, James Grout, Peter Woodthorpe, Michael Aldridge, Richard Briers, Robert Stephens, Patrick Troughton, Norman Rodway, John Normington & Roger Lloyd-Pack to name a few but the following 20 are still with us.

1. Colin Dexter
  2. Tony Warren
  3. Ted Childs
  4. Kevin Whately
  5. Rebecca Eaton
  6. Julian Mitchell
  7. John Madden
  8. Danny Boyle
  9. Barrington Pheloung
  10. Geoffrey Beevers
  11. Robert Hardy
  12. Phyllis Logan
  13. Geoffrey Palmer
  14. Ian McDiarmed
  15. Clive Swift
  16. Freddie Jones
  17. Tony Haygarth
  18. John Shrapnel
  19. Nicholas Le Provost
  20. Martin Jarvis

I could go on...

Carol Drinkwater reports the death of John Shrapnel:

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0795344/

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Carol Drinkwater reports the death of John Shrapnel:

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0795344/

Now there's an instantly recognisable TV face.

2g38_afkVsb47r9wYBE40lUorocGTdpbmLqoQoJ3

Also part of the loudest laugh I've ever heard in a cinema. School class taken to see the 101 Dalmations live action film in the 90s, and his glare in the scene below got a roar of laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-Mq2xcF7U

(Oh, Youtube's not embedding again, but it is only a minute long...)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, msc said:

Now there's an instantly recognisable TV face.

2g38_afkVsb47r9wYBE40lUorocGTdpbmLqoQoJ3

Also part of the loudest laugh I've ever heard in a cinema. School class taken to see the 101 Dalmations live action film in the 90s, and his glare in the scene below got a roar of laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-Mq2xcF7U

(Oh, Youtube's not embedding again, but it is only a minute long...)

Fine actor. He was good in many things over the years. More importantly, however,  it is wonderful to see that the love of my life when I was a hell of a lot younger is alive and well. Might watch the first series of All Creatures Great and Small this weekend just to revive this love of mine for the gorgeous Carol Drinkwater.