2 minutes ago, msc said:

I'm in mourning now and may be some time...

I agree to lose one Avengers girl in Honor Blackman was unfortunate, to lose a second in Diana Rigg seems like carelessness.....

• Like 3

I did think she suddenly looked old and quite ill during Game Of Thrones.  Just saw her in that new update of All Creatures Great And Small and looked like she was deteriorating but didn't think she would go this year at all.  :(

2 of John Steed's companions gone in one year and also 2 leading ladies of Bond films.

She was gorgeous in The Avengers and seemed like a nice woman.

RIP.

Apparently she was diagnosed with cancer earlier in the year.

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I thought that would be the cause of death to be honest.

Anyway still one of those shock deaths whilst some  of the seemingly immortal Deathlist picks cling onto the  mortal coil.

• Like 2

I am shocked and a bit upset about this.I just saw her name trend on twitter and thought it'll be nothing then saw on wikipedia she had died.I loved her on The Avengers . When Honor Blackman died in April I thought it would be a good few years before we lost Diana Rigg or Linda Thorson. I still think of her being so young and vibrant .Could never reconcile myself to her being an old woman in her 80s ! R.I.P. Gone too soon .:(

10 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

In March - I wonder if Lockdown didn't help but she was wealthy enough to have private treatment.

RIP.

40 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I agree to lose one Avengers girl in Honor Blackman was unfortunate, to lose a second in Diana Rigg seems like carelessness.....

Yes, and the 2 good Avengers girls too! :P

Ah, Diana Rigg was a brilliant actress (she could go from acclaimed theatre to Hammer horror without batting an eyelid) and fantastically sexy woman too, as I've mentioned on a few occasions...

• Like 1

Maybe it's finally time to start watching Game of Thrones ...:unsure:

57 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Maybe it's finally time to start watching Game of Thrones ...:unsure:

I'd rather try my luck with her own series, like "Diana" (1972-73) or "Mrs. Bradley" (1998-2000). 

She made also tv-remakes of "Witness for the prosecution" & "Rebecca" that weren't too bad & I liked two of her movies: Agatha

Christie's "Evil under the sun" & "Theatre of Blood" with Vincent Price. 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001671/ 

• Like 1

I've actually come over all teary.  Not many celeb deaths have that effect on me.   g015.gif

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

I've actually come over all teary.  Not many celeb deaths have that effect on me.   g015.gif

Yeah it certainly produced that... gut punch you don't often get with folk you never met.

PS None of the like options are really useful for moments like this.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

PS None of the like options are really useful for moments like this.

No, and there doesn't appear to be a teary emoticon.  I had to import one.

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Avangers disassemble

• Like 1

Sad.

And a little too early for her to get a spot on the list.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Sad.

And a little too early for her to get a spot on the list.

And cancer diagnosed in March so even if she went public she would not have made it on a list - she seemed in slightly better health than Vanessa Redgrave who made the 2019 list due to her own smoking related problems.

To be fair she was an old looking 82 year old compared to a lot of old people so maybe it shouldn't come as a complete shock  but I still assumed she had a few good years in her yet!

P.S given the no of posts today should we create a Diana Rigg thread? :unsure:

5 hours ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

I'd rather try my luck with her own series, like "Diana" (1972-73) or "Mrs. Bradley" (1998-2000). 

She made also tv-remakes of "Witness for the prosecution" & "Rebecca" that weren't too bad & I liked two of her movies: Agatha

Christie's "Evil under the sun" & "Theatre of Blood" with Vincent Price. 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001671/ 

If you can, dig out 'Mother Love'. One of the most genuinely bloody terrifying performances I've ever seen, and, imho, one of *the* great BBC dramas (not quite Tenko but in my top five). Wish the BBC would repeat it again or release it. 

Anyway, awful news. The word iconic is much overused these days but Diana Rigg most certainly was. RIP.

• Like 3

Just read that Diana Rigg smoked 20 cigarettes a day from 1956 until 2017!! She had to quit after it led to her needing emergency heart surgery that year.

Still, that's nearly half a million cigarettes. I'm surprised she lived to 82!

In saying that, I'm aware that Glenda Jackson, or "Fag Ash Glenda" as the Tory backbenchers affectionately called her, still breathes at 84.

Maybe a strong DL prospect for 2021?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

If you can, dig out 'Mother Love'. One of the most genuinely bloody terrifying performances I've ever seen.

Oh I remember that it was brilliant, but I'm scared to look up how long ago it was on!!