9 hours ago, msc said:

Have been told that the great Jean Marsh is now in much frailer heath after that stroke and also suffering a heart attack in recent years. She is also unable to reply to fan mail.

She's got such a rich and full filmography but my brain goes straight to her as the ghost hunter in....wait for it.....Ghost Hunter (CBBC 2000-ish). 

Maybe a generational thing!

4 hours ago, joneseuro said:

She's got such a rich and full filmography but my brain goes straight to her as the ghost hunter in....wait for it.....Ghost Hunter (CBBC 2000-ish). 

For me I think of her roles in Doctor Who and Queen Bavmorda in Willow. Last thing I saw her in was the BBC adaptation of Sense & Sensibility which I have just checked was 2008 but it is something we watch on a regular basis.

Obits will almost certainly lead on Upstairs Downstairs.

13 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

For me I think of her roles in Doctor Who and Queen Bavmorda in Willow. Last thing I saw her in was the BBC adaptation of Sense & Sensibility which I have just checked was 2008 but it is something we watch on a regular basis.

Obits will almost certainly lead on Upstairs Downstairs.

She is also well-known as the first wife of Jon Pertwee in the swinging sixties & the co-creator of Upstairs Downstairs. When the show returned after decades it was hampered by the poor health of Jean Marsh who re-created the role of Rose Buck & the success of Downton Abbey. The other co-creator of Upstairs Downstirs was Eileen Atkins who was due to also play a role in the show (she did in the update) but due to a stage show clashing, her role went to Pauline Collins. The latter played a maid and in both  the show and real life she fell in love with the  fellow-servant John Alderton and they are both still happily married and part of the Hampstead set - Tom Conti, Hunter Davies, etc.  One wonders if John Alderton would have fallen for Eileen Atkins?

Edited by The Watcher
Typo & additional info added

Wasn't Jean Marsh married to Jon Pertwee? Her death will be  a sad loss to the Whouniverse!

PS

I am an obsessive Doctor Who fan. I have a life size TARDIS in my living room and a full size dalek in my kitchen so I think that qualifies me as an official Who nurd !

PPS here is the proof! 

b493fa351db8dff311991d5113d4de26.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Wasn't Jean Marsh married to Jon Pertwee? Her death will be  a sad loss to the Whouniverse!

PS

I am an obsessive Doctor Who fan. I have a life size TARDIS in my living room and a full size dalek in my kitchen so I think that qualifies me as an official Who nurd !

PPS here is the proof! 

Would you like to crop out the 9GAG.COM footer and try that again?

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

PS

PPS here is the proof! 

You really are something else. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

And sadly there's no cure for being one.

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

Yes he is.

He is a cunt.

17 hours ago, joneseuro said:

She'll always be either Mombi from Return to Oz or Monica Barling from Frenzy to me.

18 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes he is.

He is a cunt.

That's what I said, although less directly :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

PS

PPS here is the proof! 

Presumably walking in and out of that thing is what has made you retardis?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Archie Lyndhurst, star of CBBC comedy show So Awkward and son of Nicholas Lyndhurst off of Rodney plonkers, has died aged 19 after a ‘short illness’.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Archie Lyndhurst, star of CBBC comedy show So Awkward and son of Nicholas Lyndhurst off of Rodney plonkers, has died aged 19 after a ‘short illness’.

He'd been in that CBBC show for years (not seen it, parent of the wrong age group!) and had already worked with Enfield and Whitehouse and was seen as a genuine talent on the rise. No age at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, msc said:

He'd been in that CBBC show for years (not seen it, parent of the wrong age group!) and had already worked with Enfield and Whitehouse and was seen as a genuine talent on the rise. No age at all.

Tragic news. Thoughts and prayers should go to Nicholas Lindhurst and his family .Far too young to die ! :(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Tragic news. Thoughts and prayers should go to Nicholas Lindhurst and his family .Far too young to die ! :(

Why would you pray to the bereaved? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Toast said:

Why would you pray to the bereaved? 

I am praying that they can find comfort and solace in their time  of grief 

47 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

I am praying that they can find comfort and solace in their time  of grief 

So pray to your god(s).  Pray FOR the bereaved by all means, but don't pray TO them.  That is stupid.

Going through my longlist, you know the deal, lots of minor news on certain names...

...Brian Blessed gave an interview and revealed that his wife had cancer and COVID this year, but she survived both.

His wife his also an actress, Hildegard Neil: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hildegarde_Neil

Interview: https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/brian-blessed-praises-wife-after-22815633

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Marenghi said:

Geoffrey Palmer death announced

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54838209

Shame. Amongst a million other things, he was in what’s probably my favourite Fawlty Towers episode, ‘The Kipper & The Corpse’.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marenghi said:

That's everyone who was on the Dr Who Silurians commentary track  dead now I think. Sad news.  Another top comedy actor gone but Leslie Philips is still alive.How is he doing it?! :huh:

7 minutes ago, Marenghi said:

RIP to a comedy legend.

I did say last year that he would make a good candidate due to his age but some people thought he was still in good shape and we should wait longer.  

His last role appeared to be Paddington but on IMDB it says he has another role for 2020 in 'An Unquiet Life'

He made an appearance in both Classic and New Who, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers. A Bond film, The Avengers and starred in numerous comedy classics like Butterflies and Reginald Perrin

A great career.  

I think Bernard Cribbins really should make an appearance on the list next year but of course I hope he isn't an hit.

• Like 1