Sad news. She's fantastic in The Daemons, and always a welcome face whenever she popped up. Hope her and Margaret Rutherford aren't fighting over the Cape up there.

• Sad 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/12/2020 at 02:40, msc said:

Some living suggestions:

Godfrey James (1931) - Emmerdale, Armchair Thriller (retired 20 years ago, *think* still alive)

Was still alive but now isn't.

(1) Toby Hadoke on Twitter: "RIP that dependable character actor Godfrey James: 1985 TV Oliver Twist, The Land That Time Forgot, The Lotus Eaters, Legend of King Arthur, Tripods, Wish Me Luck, Emmerdale, Blood on Satan’s Claw, Tripods, Doctor Who: Underworld. 40 years of good credits, always a solid presence https://t.co/s7MyGB6NAo" / Twitter

Why are tweets not imbedding again?

In bloody everything - Darling Buds of May, Witchfinder General, Emmerdale, Tales of the Unexpected, Onedin Line, Dr Who, Basil Brush Show, etc etc.

59 minutes ago, msc said:

(1) Toby Hadoke on Twitter: "RIP that dependable character actor Godfrey James: 1985 TV Oliver Twist, The Land That Time Forgot, The Lotus Eaters, Legend of King Arthur, Tripods, Wish Me Luck, Emmerdale, Blood on Satan’s Claw, Tripods, Doctor Who: Underworld. 40 years of good credits, always a solid presence https://t.co/s7MyGB6NAo" / Twitter

In bloody everything - Darling Buds of May, Witchfinder General, Emmerdale, Tales of the Unexpected, Onedin Line, Dr Who, Basil Brush Show, etc etc.

The type of bloke that looked as hard as fuck and you wouldn't want to spill his pint.

A very good character actor,  he played a maniac gangster in the Sweeney where he met his end when an Austin A55 dropped onto his head in a scrapyard.

• Like 2

I've been watching Inspector Morse for the first time in years and here's some people from the two first seasons:

Diana Payan (b. 1943) Petra Bundrick in Whom the Gods Would Destroy (s1 ep1). Already looked quite old 15 years ago.

Wanda Ventham (b. 1935) Eleanor Mallory in Expiation (s1 ep3). Benedict Cumberbatch's mother.

Nial Buggy (b. 1948) R.G. Cole in Music to Die For (s2 ep2)

Michael Pennington (b. 1943) Dr. Melville in Life Born of Fire (s2 ep3)

Ian McNeice (b. 1950) Rev King in the same episode. Only 70 but overweight, however the king of tonga was probably larger

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

What an insight! Thanks Sir Ian.....

It doesn't even say that in the article ....

• Like 1

On 30/12/2020 at 21:13, The Daredevil said:

James Belchamber (b. 1926) appeared in The Avengers and The Saint. Robert Crewdson (b. 1927) also appeared in The Saint, as did Alan Curtis (b. 1930), John Kelland (b. 1931), Ellen McIntosh (b. 1931), Henry Lincoln (b. 1930), Leon Greene (b. 1931) and Jeanne Moody (b. 1931). Brian Jackson (b, 1931) guest starred in The Persuaders, Danger Man and The Avengers.

It is being reported that Leon Greene died on 19th June: 

The report really gives a good summary of his career. IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0338839/

Awaiting the usual press reports.

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

Michael Jayston will be 86 in October,  cross fingers, and is not only still with us, and still acting, but well enough to do several fan meet and greets this week.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Nicholas and Alexandra, Only Fools and Horses (and yes some quaint kids SF show) among many other big bits of TV on his CV, imo, a future DL top 50 name.

E4z7bPOXMAIkXVT?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 3

On 22/06/2021 at 10:40, YoungWillz said:

The report really gives a good summary of his career. IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0338839/

10 days on and no sources. Just Twitter and a BritMovieForum post.

Who do we have to ping? Guardian?

Obituary for Anne Stallybrass, who has died aged 82.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, time said:

Obituary for Anne Stallybrass, who has died aged 82.

I'm far too young to remember the Onedin Line first time round but saw a re-run on one of the forerunners to the Drama channel when my parents were rewatching it as I was growing up. I was quite taken by Anne and lost interest after she died in childbirth. :(

• Like 1

On 07/07/2021 at 21:23, Ulitzer95 said:

Speaking of off the radar character actor deaths @YoungWillz, been assured a Leon Greene obit is on the way. 

On 22/06/2021 at 10:40, YoungWillz said:

Leon Greene Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/jul/14/leon-greene-obituary

• Thanks 2

On 05/06/2021 at 19:26, msc said:

One for @Ulitzer95 when bored - allegedly Godfrey James actually died in 2019, and Equity only found out this year? This happens a lot to actors who'd get bloody good obits if I were in charge of one of the main newspapers...

17 minutes ago, msc said:

One for @Ulitzer95 when bored - allegedly Godfrey James actually died in 2019, and Equity only found out this year? This happens a lot to actors who'd get bloody good obits if I were in charge of one of the main newspapers...

I have literally just been watching Underworld 

16 minutes ago, msc said:

Only Godfrey James who died in GRO index in 2019 was born in 1938.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/indexes_search.asp#Results

I suspect 2020 deaths are coming soon to GRO as they're doing a lot of maintenance and that note about births being online has gone...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I have literally just been watching Underworld 

Yes, that gave me the inspiration to look up the cast list, old chap.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, msc said:

What OoO said. Not in there. If he died in the last quarter of 2019, there's a good chance his death won't be in the GRO yet as many of the deaths from the end of 2019 still haven't been uploaded on there!

Nothing in the England and Wales wills either.

We're sure Godfrey James wasn't a stage name though, or that Godfrey wasn't in reality a middle name or something? 

34 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What OoO said. Not in there. If he died in the last quarter of 2019, there's a good chance his death won't be in the GRO yet as many of the deaths from the end of 2019 still haven't been uploaded on there!

Nothing in the England and Wales wills either.

We're sure Godfrey James wasn't a stage name though, or that Godfrey wasn't in reality a middle name or something? 

Its a bit of circular evidence (ie the Who sites which usually cite sources are citing the Dr Who cast and crew project which didn't cite sources annoyingly!) but the date given is 29 October 2019, which is last quarter. I've no idea if it was a stage name, not having tracked down his birth date of 16/4/1931 in the records - which make you appreciate the quality of Scotlands People tbh.