Or people could just get over themselves and not need juvenile warnings.

• Like 1

Agree with the tabloids comment though they undoubtedly do stir it up.

• Like 1

Nottingham born actor Patrick Horgan has reportedly died at the age of 92: https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/abc/soap-actor-patrick-horgan-dead-at-92

Moved to the US making his name in several soaps, but a couple of notable roles on film - as Danny in The Thomas Crown Affair and The Narrator in Zelig.

Having appeared in Star Trek: TOS, he's another miss for the Scavenger Hunt.

• Like 4

Take a deep breath.

So, we have a death notice for Karin MacCarthy, actress who appeared in various television roles, but I will remember her as Kate Vavasor in The Pallisers and on a lighter note as Carol in The Squirrelshttp://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/252763/maccarthy

However, this death notice also points out that she was the widow of actor Rowland Davies, another actor from the first adaptation authorised by the Agatha Christie Estate in 1980 as Dr George Arbuthnot in Why Didn't They Ask Evans? and also as Earl Spencer in Diana: Her True Story, and Sir Anthony Chevenix in the first Johnny English movie. Now as of this moment, IMDB doesn't have Rowland Davies dead.

I'm going to impose on @Ulitzer95 to perhaps find from the information on these two on IMDB to perhaps discover a date of death for Rowland Davies (born Richard Andrew St John Davies) and their reported marriage in 1975. And then of course to report it to IMDB, ha!! ;)

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Take a deep breath.

So, we have a death notice for Karin MacCarthy, actress who appeared in various television roles, but I will remember her as Kate Vavasor in The Pallisers and on a lighter note as Carol in The Squirrels: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/252763/maccarthy

However, this death notice also points out that she was the widow of actor Rowland Davies, another actor from the first adaptation authorised by the Agatha Christie Estate in 1980 as Dr George Arbuthnot in Why Didn't They Ask Evans? and also as Earl Spencer in Diana: Her True Story, and Sir Anthony Chevenix in the first Johnny English movie. Now as of this moment, IMDB doesn't have Rowland Davies dead.

I'm going to impose on @Ulitzer95 to perhaps find from the information on these two on IMDB to perhaps discover a date of death for Rowland Davies (born Richard Andrew St John Davies) and their reported marriage in 1975. And then of course to report it to IMDB, ha!! ;)

I’ll look tomorrow ;) been a long day for me!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Take a deep breath.

So, we have a death notice for Karin MacCarthy, actress who appeared in various television roles, but I will remember her as Kate Vavasor in The Pallisers and on a lighter note as Carol in The Squirrelshttp://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/252763/maccarthy

I've submitted Karin MacCarthy's death to IMDb. That will be updated no bother.

Rowland Davies.... Now his last credit was 2004 so I searched the GRO from 2003–2019. Found zilch.

The birth record seems to be accurate. Richard A St J Davies b. Eton, Buckinghamshire in 3rd quarter of 1941. Married K. MacCarthy in Chelsea, London in the last quarter of 1975. The fact that his death isn't in the GRO, or Ancestry suggests he died any time between the last few months of 2019 and Oct 2021.

The last trace I can find of him is living in Havant, Hampshire in 2013 (I used the funeral home location of MacCarthy to find them in the residency records).

Starting to sound like a broken record, but the GRO really needs to be updated. They told me in February, it would be "updated soon". :angry:

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The fact that his death isn't in the GRO, or Ancestry suggests he died any time between the last few months of 2019 and Oct 2021.

You're probably right, but it's also possible that he didn't die in England/Wales, but elsewhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

You're probably right, but it's also possible that he didn't die in England/Wales, but elsewhere. 

Or that his middle initials aren't included in the index listing his death certificate. Happens sometimes.

There's hundreds of records for simply "Richard Davies". 

• Sad 1

Thanks @Ulitzer95!

Obviously he couldn't act under Richard Davies, because of the rather excellent and prolific Welsh actor who died some time ago. Amazing what we don't know.

• Like 1

Herald obituary for Fiona Clyne, Scottish film and theatre actress, aged 93: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19647032.obituary-fiona-clyne-film-tv-actress-put-family-career-success/

Essentially gave up her career for her children. She was the widow of Jimmy Gilbert, the TV Producer who worked with many big names including Stanley Baxter. Her daughter Susan Gilmore became an actress too, in such as Angels and Howard's Way. Her son Colin Gilbert is a comedy scriptwriter with Scotch And Wry and Not The Nine O'Clock News to his name, setting up the Comedy Unit in Scotland, producing such as Rab C Nesbitt.

All in all, giving up her own career so her husband and children could succeed so amazingly is a tremendous act of self-sacrifice, which has paid off. Deservedly remembered here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Clifford Rose (92 in October 2021) is in poor health & his family have appealed for financial asistance to keep him in Denville Hall. He is probably best known for his chilling portrayal of the Nazi Kessler in Secret Army & the spin-off Kessler which featured his life in South America after WW2.

• Like 3

Just caught the tail-end of Graham Norton and Dame Eileen Atkins was on and looks incredible for 87. Don't see her going anywhere for a good few years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Just caught the tail-end of Graham Norton and Dame Eileen Atkins was on and looks incredible for 87. Don't see her going anywhere for a good few years.

When making Ask the Dust in 2005 (a fairly forgettable film in her long and illustrious CV), Atkins was propositioned by Colin Farrell, over 40 years her junior! They've both talked about it publicly. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

When making Ask the Dust in 2005 (a fairly forgettable film in her long and illustrious CV), Atkins was propositioned by Colin Farrell, over 40 years her junior! They've both talked about it publicly. 

I would have succumbed if he'd  tried that with me! I bet part of her took it as a massive compliment. 

17 hours ago, msc said:

Farrell likes the older women. He was friendly with Elizabeth Taylor as well. 

On 20/02/2021 at 11:35, The Watcher said:

Geoffrey Chater is 100 next month. He is the oldest surviving actor who appeared in One Foot in  the Grave.

Geoffrey Chater Telegraph Obit: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2021/10/19/geoffrey-chater-polished-charming-character-actor-acclaimed/

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0154021/

I should add - DDP Pick

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

On 01/09/2021 at 16:08, YoungWillz said:

Ian Gardiner, long term character actor probably best known as Mr Brent In Television Club and Mr Carter in Jennings, both from the 1960s, has died: https://www.thestage.co.uk/obituaries--archive/obituaries/obituary-ian-gardiner

Interested Forum users should note he was a man on a train in Series 9 of Grange Hill, Howard Drucker in Brookside and a policeman in a 1961 episode of The Avengers - Girl On The Trapeze.

But more than that he was Reginald Molehusband, the man who had problems parallel parking in a public information film in the 1960s and remade with Ian Gardiner in the mid-2000s, which gave rise to the term "doing a Reggie".

Guardian (other lives) obit for Ian Gardiner.

On 14/10/2021 at 10:44, Ulitzer95 said:

I've submitted Karin MacCarthy's death to IMDb. That will be updated no bother.

Rowland Davies.... Now his last credit was 2004 so I searched the GRO from 2003–2019. Found zilch.

The birth record seems to be accurate. Richard A St J Davies b. Eton, Buckinghamshire in 3rd quarter of 1941. Married K. MacCarthy in Chelsea, London in the last quarter of 1975. The fact that his death isn't in the GRO, or Ancestry suggests he died any time between the last few months of 2019 and Oct 2021.

The last trace I can find of him is living in Havant, Hampshire in 2013 (I used the funeral home location of MacCarthy to find them in the residency records).

Starting to sound like a broken record, but the GRO really needs to be updated. They told me in February, it would be "updated soon". :angry:

Where is this GRO database anyway, I can never find it by goggling - what websites allow subscription to it. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Where is this GRO database anyway, I can never find it by goggling - what websites allow subscription to it. 

It's on the GRO website :)

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Toast said:

It's on the GRO website :)

Where I can’t find the index ?

Perhaps this should be in the Cinema thread on Extra-Curricular, but yesterday I saw 'Last Night in Soho', which I didn't realise featured the now-late Dame Diana Rigg in her last screen performance. Really enjoyed the film, part love letter to Swinging Sixties London/part psychological horror with a cracking soundtrack and I'm pleased to say, without giving anything away, that Dame Diana's final performance is worthy of her. Worth a look if you get the chance.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Perhaps this should be in the Cinema thread on Extra-Curricular, but yesterday I saw 'Last Night in Soho', which I didn't realise featured the now-late Dame Diana Rigg in her last screen performance. Really enjoyed the film, part love letter to Swinging Sixties London/part psychological horror with a cracking soundtrack and I'm pleased to say, without giving anything away, that Dame Diana's final performance is worthy of her. Worth a look if you get the chance.

Also the late Scavenger Hunt pick Margaret Nolan, I see.

• Like 1