MV5BNGJlMzczMDUtNzZkZi00NGY3LTkxNGItYmU1Y2QzYzAxNWRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDUyMzQwNQ@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.d8c42c5bd45cf4f9fc539c125d29d755.jpg

Doreen Brownstone (born September 28, 1922) in Leeds, Yorkshire, England - British actress at 99, still active playing in films and television, also active in social media

• Shocked 1

8 hours ago, Gisooo said:

MV5BNGJlMzczMDUtNzZkZi00NGY3LTkxNGItYmU1Y2QzYzAxNWRlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDUyMzQwNQ@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.d8c42c5bd45cf4f9fc539c125d29d755.jpg

Doreen Brownstone (born September 28, 1922) in Leeds, Yorkshire, England - British actress at 99, still active playing in films and television, also active in social media. Resides in Canada.

That article is from 2014. Last credit on IMDb is from 4 years ago. Her last tweet was in August 2021. She turned 99 five months ago, and yet still hasn't updated her bio on Twitter from "98 year old" to "99 year old". Doesn't sound too active to me. I will add her on my "one to watch" list.

Scottish actress Janet Michael, better known in Perth and Pitlochry as a stage actress, but a few TV roles, died back in October 2021. She had previously essentially been pronounced dead a couple of times before as detailed in the Obituary, but lived to see 84: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19841958.obituary-janet-michael-actress-everything-shakespeare-musicals-panto-pinter/

Full birth and death dates for IMDB @Ulitzer95 ;) I see Patricia Driscoll's entry there has been updated for her death.

• Like 3

Some names worth examining for future threads (although I recognize they may be too minor for such an honor).

I apologize in advance if they've already been mentioned in this thread.

Edward Fox (born 1937) Starred in 'Day of the Jackal' and 'Edward & Mrs. Simpson'. Honorable mentions include 'Battle of Britain' and 'Gandhi'.

Judy Cornwell (1940) Daisy in Keeping up Appearances

John Alderton (1940) Common face on 70's TV in Britain/Pauline Collins husband

Pauline Collins (1940) Sarah from Upstairs Downstairs

Also, any thoughts on creating threads for the cast of Upstairs Downstairs (1971-1975) and Keeping up Appearances. Not sure if KUA already has one, but if Vicar of Dibley has one, KUA certainly deserves one. 

9 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Some names worth examining for future threads (although I recognize they may be too minor for such an honor).

I apologize in advance if they've already been mentioned in this thread.

Edward Fox (born 1937) Starred in 'Day of the Jackal' and 'Edward & Mrs. Simpson'. Honorable mentions include 'Battle of Britain' and 'Gandhi'.

Judy Cornwell (1940) Daisy in Keeping up Appearances

John Alderton (1940) Common face on 70's TV in Britain/Pauline Collins husband

Pauline Collins (1940) Sarah from Upstairs Downstairs

Also, any thoughts on creating threads for the cast of Upstairs Downstairs (1971-1975) and Keeping up Appearances. Not sure if KUA already has one, but if Vicar of Dibley has one, KUA certainly deserves one. 

Would say they are both worthy of a thread.

204983131_images(3).thumb.jpg.9b539475ad510d14bb31aca8c5be6e13.jpg

Another British actress, may be dead out off radar according to this  - Pauline Stroud (Wiki born  March 21, 1930) - Still alive at 91, her last credit was in 70s. So sad if it true, she was known for performance on Lady Godiva Rides Again (1951)

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

Another British actress, may be dead out off radar according to this  - Pauline Stroud (Wiki born  March 21, 1930) - Still alive at 91, her last credit was in 70s. So sad if it true, she was known for performance on Lady Godiva Rides Again (1951)

That's not a real website. It's an autogenerate/bot site i.e. not written by humans. If you type in any celebrity name on Google and then stick the word "death" after it, it will autogenerate a page for them. They're just clickbait.

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That's not a real website. It's an autogenerate/bot site i.e. not written by humans. If you type in any celebrity name on Google and then stick the word "death" after it, it will autogenerate a page for them. They're just clickbait.

This is also in Facebook (maybe it is the same thing)

I am curios, I don't hear any news for her, is living yet in United Kingdom? 

@GisoooMaybe these fit better in the Deadpool Detective thread.  This topic is more for reporting on familiar faces.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

This is also in Facebook (maybe it is the same thing)

I am curios, I don't hear any news for her, is living yet in United Kingdom? 

Yes, that’s another spam link. Deaddeath.com and Insideeko.com are both bots.

I think I'd rank Edward Fox as being a bit above 'character actor'. He was starring in major films for a couple of decades, not bit parts in episodes of Crossroads.

On the other point, would definitely agree on a Keeping Up Appearances thread. Have been rewatching it on iPlayer and really enjoying it. Main cast is pretty much 50/50 dead, and quite a few actual noted character actors popped up in the odd episode. 

3 hours ago, prussianblue said:

I think I'd rank Edward Fox as being a bit above 'character actor'. He was starring in major films for a couple of decades, not bit parts in episodes of Crossroads.

On the other point, would definitely agree on a Keeping Up Appearances thread. Have been rewatching it on iPlayer and really enjoying it. Main cast is pretty much 50/50 dead, and quite a few actual noted character actors popped up in the odd episode. 

Ian Lavender was in a cameo in one episode. 

3 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Already reported on January 10th in 2 other threads.

Please use the search function first unless you're confident something hasn't been covered already.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Who?

IMDb

• Shocked 1

R.I.P Valentine little known fact his great uncle Charles Lightoller was the most senior crew member to survive the titanic sinking in 1912. Valentine wrote a book called Titanic and the strange case of uncle Bertie about his great uncles experience

I noticed today another British actress who passed away since May 1, 2021. 

Henryetta Edwards (Wiki) was 95

RIP (1926 - 2021)

Obituary

henryetta-edwards-daughter-of-the-film-actor-and-director-henry-edwards-K3GR8M.thumb.jpg.f5f7c76a67522194e9e4b7722a1280aa.jpg

On 22/06/2021 at 18:49, Ulitzer95 said:

Telegraph obit for Henryetta Edwards (IMDb), a supporting actress in British cinema and stage during the 30s–50s.

She died May 1st and was aged 95. Her career never really took off but she was well known in wider society as her parents were director Henry Edwards (1882–1952) and silent-era actress Chrissie White (1898–1985).

s-l300.jpg.2dc814026825dcdb785894df6711ad60.jpg

Already reported on the forum in June 2021.

*Use the search function before posting*

14 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Already reported on the forum in June 2021.

*Use the search function before posting*

But Gisooo just found out about it! It’s perfectly reasonable to post previously posted news if one just read about it, and not annoying at all! Reminding newer posters, who are so concerned about being first that they don’t do any research before posting, not to flood the forums with months old news is rude. 

Right @Lafaucheuse? Or was it just my profanity you objected to?

• Thanks 1

On 05/06/2021 at 19:26, msc said:

Was still alive but now isn't.

(1) Toby Hadoke on Twitter: "RIP that dependable character actor Godfrey James: 1985 TV Oliver Twist, The Land That Time Forgot, The Lotus Eaters, Legend of King Arthur, Tripods, Wish Me Luck, Emmerdale, Blood on Satan’s Claw, Tripods, Doctor Who: Underworld. 40 years of good credits, always a solid presence https://t.co/s7MyGB6NAo" / Twitter

Why are tweets not imbedding again?

In bloody everything - Darling Buds of May, Witchfinder General, Emmerdale, Tales of the Unexpected, Onedin Line, Dr Who, Basil Brush Show, etc etc.

I know there was some confusion over this because we couldn't find him in the GRO Index for 2019. As I long suspected, not all of the deaths from the last quarter of 2019 were in the GRO... until now.

JAMES, GODFREY     1931  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q4/2019 in EAST SUSSEX  (462-1A)  Entry Number 519807101

Don't think anyone doubted Toby Hadoke, but still good to have secondary confirmation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arrowsmith said:

But Gisooo just found out about it! It’s perfectly reasonable to post previously posted news if one just read about it, and not annoying at all! Reminding newer posters, who are so concerned about being first that they don’t do any research before posting, not to flood the forums with months old news is rude. 

Your point was right. I didn’t say it was ok to post without looking. I just say that it doesn’t need to insult people. We’re all grown ups, we’re able to communicate without being that angry all the time, furthermore when people are new here ! A simple notice as Ulitzer did is quite sufficient I think but I didn’t want to upset you either !

2 hours ago, arrowsmith said:

The search function is simple to use and is common across many types of forum, not just this one.

Even a newbie should have the basic intelligence to do a simple search to see if the information they are about to post has already been posted.

Ulitzer made a fair comment, maybe new posters people need to understand that they need to fit in with the forum etiqutte and not the forum fit around them.

Maybe the next newbie will be telling us all that Elvis is dead.....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1