19 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Some little indication on Twitter that long term DDP pick Harry Landis has died aged 90.

Anything else elsewhere?

Original source seems to be on Facebook where his agent reported it 11 hours ago. Also confirmed by an Equity rep on Facebook.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Original source seems to be on Facebook where his agent reported it 11 hours ago. Also confirmed by an Equity rep on Facebook.

Hopefully soon picked up by the press. Even if it is just for Eastenders, though so so much more than that.

Thanks for checking.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hopefully soon picked up by the press. Even if it is just for Eastenders, though so so much more than that.

Thanks for checking.

Friday Night Dinner is bound to get him lots of press too. He was in the tenth anniversary documentary last year. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Thanks for checking.

I'd assume any long time President of Equity would get a broadsheet obit.

Also, apparently the current President is Maureen Beattie! And she's 69 these days! And also, Irish, not Scottish as I'd assumed for her ever presence in Scottish TV!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

I'd assume any long time President of Equity would get a broadsheet obit.

Also, apparently the current President is Maureen Beattie! And she's 69 these days! And also, Irish, not Scottish as I'd assumed for her ever presence in Scottish TV!

She is Scottish really. She was born on holiday in Ireland. She was in My Fair Lady earlier this year and she certainly sounded Scottish in that. 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 08:57, YoungWillz said:

Some little indication on Twitter that long term DDP pick Harry Landis has died aged 90.

Anything else elsewhere?

Metro obit for Harry Landis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Metro obit for Harry Landis.

Been a bad year for Eastenders. Sixth hit on my theme team plus the non Obit so far of Leon Lissek. 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2022 at 08:57, YoungWillz said:

Anything else elsewhere?

Supposedly Landis was born in 1936, not 1931. So he was "only" 85. There is nobody born by the surname Landis in England between 1931 and 1936, so must have been a stage name.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Supposedly Landis was born in 1936, not 1931. So he was "only" 85. There is nobody born by the surname Landis in England between 1931 and 1936, so must have been a stage name.

Based on seeing him in the 1958 film Dunkirk as a Dr I find it hard to believe he was born in 1936 which would have made him 21 or 22 at the films release.

• Like 1

It was rumoured at one point his date of birth was 1929.Could that explain the lack of people born with the surname Landis between 1931 and 1936?

• Like 2

On 18/09/2022 at 22:48, Sean said:

Based on seeing him in the 1958 film Dunkirk as a Dr I find it hard to believe he was born in 1936 which would have made him 21 or 22 at the films release.

This came from his daughter, apparently.

• Like 2

Guardian obit

Born Harry Landinski in Stepney in 1926, so he was actually 95(!).

The email I was sent saying 1936 must’ve been a typo.

@Sean

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

Stage Obituary for Simon Clark, long term stage actor who also had some TV appearances, including Eastenders and Casualty: https://www.thestage.co.uk/obituaries--archive/obituaries/simon-clark-obituary, b. 24 March 1949, d. 7 August 2022.

Local death notice: https://www.stbrides.com/events/funeral-simon-clark/

Amazingly, IMDB doesn't even credit his Eastenders appearance, which you can watch here, playing the Bank Manager from whom Grant Mitchell is looking for a loan (round about 11 minutes in):

• Like 1

On 09/01/2020 at 08:40, YoungWillz said:

Telegraph Obit for Beryl Calder who has died aged 93: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2020/01/09/beryl-calder-actress-became-1950s-radio-star-mrs-dales-diary/

Best known for playing Gwen Dale in Mrs Dale's Diary on the "wireless". Anyone here old enough to remember listening?

A death report had me scrabbling around in the dirt, and I came across this old post with a full Telegraph Obit.

Her IMDB still hasn't been updated. :o

• Like 1

Robbie Coltrane dead at 72 (incase he didn’t have a thread*)

*Which he did. Cross-posting though innit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Derek Jacobi doesn't think he will be back on stage again but not retiring according to an interview in The Guardian

Yeah, he's only talking about not doing theatre work.

• Like 2

Bernard Atha, probably best known for his role in Kes as the careers officer who throws Billy on the scrapheap, reportedly dead aged 94: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/people/hands-on-former-leeds-councillor-and-lord-mayor-bernard-atha-who-had-acting-roles-in-kes-and-coronation-street-has-died-3890445

Roles in Emmerdale and Corrie, he later became Lord Mayor of Leeds - ee bah gum lad.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0040381/

A clip of him chatting:

• Like 4

The acoustics in that room aren't great, but it's yer Michael Jayston and Colin Baker at a fan event yesterday. 

• Like 2

Not sure of the exact date but this newsletter from 9th October 2022 mentions the death of Zulema Dene (b. Zulema Walliker) as a recent death: https://www.sacredheartwimbledon.org.uk/Publisher/File.aspx?ID=317290

Played the role of Ethna in Willow. On the small screen, roles as far apart as Sister Wright on Emergency Ward 10, Mrs Doggett in A Question Of Guilt and Sarah Brookes in Coronation Street. Various singular roles in many sitcoms through the years (Some Mothers..., Fresh Fields, George And Mildred etc etc) an an appearance in The Avengers.

Also had a voice role in the Doctor Who audio story Soldier Obscura, part of the Gallifrey: Time War series.

Zulema Dene · Qvoice · London based Voice Over Agency

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Not sure of the exact date but this newsletter from 9th October 2022 mentions the death of Zulema Dene (b. Zulema Walliker) as a recent death: https://www.sacredheartwimbledon.org.uk/Publisher/File.aspx?ID=317290

Played the role of Ethna in Willow. On the small screen, roles as far apart as Sister Wright on Emergency Ward 10, Mrs Doggett in A Question Of Guilt and Sarah Brookes in Coronation Street. Various singular roles in many sitcoms through the years (Some Mothers..., Fresh Fields, George And Mildred etc etc) an an appearance in The Avengers.

Also had a voice role in the Doctor Who audio story Soldier Obscura, part of the Gallifrey: Time War series.

Zulema Dene · Qvoice · London based Voice Over Agency

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stuart Beck said:

Ta, I'd spent 3/4 of an hour on her so posted what I had and moved on.

• Like 1

The nuisance of Equity not making it clear who they're listing in their in memoriam section...

Is British actor Richard Beaumont (wiki) deceased aged 60/61? It would appear so, but there are multiple people by that name on IMDb. *sigh*

The actor played Tiny Tim in Scrooge.

22788341_MV5BZmM0MmMzY2QtZThjNi00MmZiLTgyZmQtZmJiODUzZDRhODcwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc3NDgwNzU@._V1_UY317_CR2630214317_AL_.jpg.4fa3db7a499027140699baeccfd01903.jpg

EDIT: Found this, which confirms it is indeed the Scrooge actor!

• Like 2
  • Sad 3