3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Now she is known to have been born in 1931 Barbara Young (Last of the Summer Wine, Coronation Street I, Claudius) can be added to the list.

If you doing a 1933 list anytime some suggestions

Joan Collins

Caroline Blakiston

Shelia Hancock 

Sian Phillips

Derek Martin

Barbara Knox

Keith Baxter (Lots of TV plays in the 1950’s/1960’s)

Haven’t forgotten just haven’t had time to start it yet.

That list keeps growing and growing. Not many names are dropping! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Haven’t forgotten just haven’t had time to start it yet.

That list keeps growing and growing. Not many names are dropping! 

It does seem like many actors have good longevity. 

On 01/05/2022 at 19:34, arghton said:

Sir Ian McKellen healthy enough to pose for selfies on the streets of Lviv:

Last night I went to see the 'Posh Panto' Mother Goose which starred 83 year old Sir Ian McKellen and John Bishop.

Judging by his performance I would say he should not trouble us in the next few years.

• Like 4

From the Fringes/Family Thread: 

On 16/01/2023 at 21:30, Summer in Transylvania said:

Turns out her mother in law was Shirley Dynevor-White, an actress who worked with Joan Littlewood and went on to have several screen appearances before becoming a stage manager for Corrie.

Therefore notable in her own right and indeed has garnered a Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2023/jan/25/shirley-dynevor-white-obituary

15 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

From the Fringes/Family Thread: 

Turns out her mother in law was Shirley Dynevor-White, an actress who worked with Joan Littlewood and went on to have several screen appearances before becoming a stage manager for Corrie.

Therefore notable in her own right and indeed has garnered a Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2023/jan/25/shirley-dynevor-white-obituary

Which was written by her son and Sally’s husband screenwriter Tim Dynevor.

Dementia from 2009 so fair chance she never got to realise Phoebe becoming an international star. 

On 19/12/2022 at 11:56, justonecornetto said:

Talking Pictures reporting on their FB page that Thea Gregory has died

Our thoughts are with the Gregson family today as we have been informed that Thea Gregory, has gone to the cinema in the sky.
Thea began her career in theatre under her real birth name of Ida Reddish, before (as Thea Gregory) appearing in nine British films between 1950 and 1956, including The Weak and the Wicked with her husband, John Gregson. Their marriage in 1947 was a happy union and blessed with six children.
Several years ago Thea and some of their children gave an exclusive interview to #TalkingPicturesTV and became great friends with the channel. It was a real honour to have known you. Rest in Peace - reunited with John.

Thea Gregory gets a full Telegraph Obit, so that should probably allow some Wiki tidying: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2023/01/26/thea-gregory-obituary-actress-john-gregson/

• Like 3

Deleted

Some little talk on here about Benedict Cumberbatch, some more talk about his mother Wanda Ventham.

But no mention of his father, Timothy Carlton, (IMDB) who I noticed in an old episode of Dad's Army last night. Loads of stuff he was in - Keeping Up Appearances, Don't Wait Up, Fresh Fields among his other comedy appearances, Poirot, Sherlock, even Coronation Street.

Certain obit when he goes.

• Like 2

Melvyn Hayes appeared on Talking Pictures the other day...

329330857_588616632709153_1447415266173799015_n.jpg.d06fb9088f6dcc13b726630620ccb427.jpg

Turned 88 last month. Has a tinge of the "I may last another 3 years, I may die tomorrow" about him.

A pick for three teams in this year's DDP.

• Like 3

Twitter has various reports that Lee Whitlock has died aged 54.

Played the son of Harvey Moon in Shine On Harvey Moon, roles in Eastenders, Grange Hill, Casualty and The Bill.

Would be a tragedy if true. Looking for confirmation.

BoyActors - Lee WhitlockGrange Hill" Episode #16.19 (TV Episode 1993) - Photo Gallery - IMDbLee Whitlock on myCast - Fan Casting Your Favorite Stories

• Like 1

Sad news if true.  He was also one of the 2 boys in the ground breaking Two Of Us 1987 gay-themed BBC television film. which confronted the Thatcherite government's attempt to ban gay sex education in schools via the controversial (and since repealed) section 28 legislation

two of us.jpg

• Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 21:36, YoungWillz said:

Played the son of Harvey Moon in Shine On Harvey Moon, roles in Eastenders, Grange Hill, Casualty and The Bill.

BoyActors - Lee WhitlockGrange Hill" Episode #16.19 (TV Episode 1993) - Photo Gallery - IMDbLee Whitlock on myCast - Fan Casting Your Favorite Stories

Mirror obit.
Sun obit.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2023 at 21:36, YoungWillz said:

Sun now reporting Lee Whitlock's death: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/21448634/lee-whitlock-dead-aged-54/

Incredibly sad on a personal level.

• Like 2

Discovered reports that actress Patti Love died a few days ago: 

Sandra's friend in That'll Be The Day, Carol in The Long Good Friday and Iris in The Krays along with other small screen roles.

• Like 3

My IPTV service has decided what I really need is a 24/7 channel of Mind Your Language, and to save my partner the despair of me repeatedly telling her "see the guy playing the teacher? He got his head caved in by a rent boy" for hours on end, I decided to see where the still-living cast members are. Nothing particularly interesting, but this is a very very rare photo of Jacki Harding (who played the German one) taken two years ago. Hasn't done any acting since MYL ended. With her is Kevork Malikyan, who played the Greek one. He had a much longer - and surely QO-worthy- career, and even turned up in an episode of Homeland a few years back.

227013897_10224188515873557_300800016043

Kevork Malikyan has a somewhat active Twitter account (till Musk gets rid of the whole show of course), and geeks follow him because of a certain TV show where he was the victim of the Cybermen. Unluckily for him, that episode is one of the only ones from the serial which still exists, so we can all appreciate his OTT death scene to this day.

(Yes, I know, he could have just walked out of that room. I thought that when I was eight years old too.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He also made an appearance in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' as an agent of the Brotherhood of the Action Scene Film Extending Plot Device or something like that.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2023 at 11:32, YoungWillz said:

Discovered reports that actress Patti Love died a few days ago: 

Sandra's friend in That'll Be The Day, Carol in The Long Good Friday and Iris in The Krays along with other small screen roles.

Guardian obit.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2020 at 21:13, The Daredevil said:

James Belchamber (b. 1926) appeared in The Avengers and The Saint. Robert Crewdson (b. 1927) also appeared in The Saint, as did Alan Curtis (b. 1930), John Kelland (b. 1931), Ellen McIntosh (b. 1931), Henry Lincoln (b. 1930), Leon Greene (b. 1931) and Jeanne Moody (b. 1931). Brian Jackson (b, 1931) guest starred in The Persuaders, Danger Man and The Avengers.

Death Notice for Robert Crewdsonhttps://funeral-notices.co.uk/notice/crewdson/5107603

He had just turned 96.

• Like 2

I see that Bob Goody has died: https://deadline.com/2023/03/bob-goody-dead-actor-and-writer-of-bbc-drama-wilderness-road-was-71-1235298955/

Ubiquitous for a time, his film credits include The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And His Lover, and Flash Gordon. Co-wrote and appeared in the ITV kids' show Smith And Goody. Other TV include parts in Eastenders, The Bill, Doctors and Fleabag.

Bob Goody (born April 16, 1951), British Actor, librettist | World  Biographical Encyclopedia

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I see that Bob Goody has died: https://deadline.com/2023/03/bob-goody-dead-actor-and-writer-of-bbc-drama-wilderness-road-was-71-1235298955/

Ubiquitous for a time, his film credits include The Cook, The Thief, His Wife And His Lover, and Flash Gordon. Co-wrote and appeared in the ITV kids' show Smith And Goody. Other TV include parts in Eastenders, The Bill, Doctors and Fleabag.

Bob Goody (born April 16, 1951), British Actor, librettist | World  Biographical Encyclopedia

He was the caretaker, Danny, in Crime Traveller, too

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Second cast member from Flash Gordon to die this month

• Like 2