A man for all seasons?

Except Autumn it seems.. ..

• Like 2

This one seems to have passed us by. Jeffrey Dench (Judi's brother) died in March. He was a long time member of the RSC and not particularly well known in film and TV but I would have thought someone would have mentioned it.

This one seems to have passed us by. Jeffrey Dench (Judi's brother) died in March. He was a long time member of the RSC and not particularly well known in film and TV but I would have thought someone would have mentioned it.

Someone did.

Someone did.

Apologies

I see the problem I searched for Jeffrey when I should have searched for Jeffery.

I thought it was odd!

Timothy West is 80 today.

Fascinating....... but could you try limiting these birthday posts to people we don't have to put into Google Image Search to remind ourselves who they are?

Timothy West is 80 today.

Fascinating....... but could you try limiting these birthday posts to people we don't have to put into Google Image Search to remind ourselves who they are?

Apparently he is currently appearing in Eastenders.. Not that I watch that crap I just heard.

• Like 1

Timothy West is a big name to me, being of the RSC (he's also 80, overweight, and has a highly stressful life, complete with ill wife) but then a lot of the young names that show up in the music threads I've never heard of. So swings, roundabouts, etc.

• Like 3

Timothy West is a big name to me, being of the RSC (he's also 80, overweight, and has a highly stressful life, complete with ill wife) but then a lot of the young names that show up in the music threads I've never heard of. So swings, roundabouts, etc.

Yeah, fairy nuff. Sorry, it's just one of the quirks, or whatever, of having a board that has people of different age groups on it. Even though I know tons of older "famous people" I'm gonna get irritated sometimes cos the guy's not exactly Muhammad Ali is he.

"That shit's just gonna happen", as they used to say a lot at the BBC in the 70s and 80s. And 50s and 60s and 90s and 2000s. And 2010s.

Yeah, fairy nuff. Sorry, it's just one of the quirks, or whatever, of having a board that has people of different age groups on it. Even though I know tons of older "famous people" I'm gonna get irritated sometimes cos the guy's not exactly Muhammad Ali is he.

"That shit's just gonna happen", as they used to say a lot at the BBC in the 70s and 80s. And 50s and 60s and 90s and 2000s. And 2010s.

You're not going to know everyone that gets mentioned in the forums. half the time I see a name and don't recognise who it is until I google them and then I know who they are.

You're not going to know everyone that gets mentioned in the forums. half the time I see a name and don't recognise who it is until I google them and then I know who they are.

Agreed. In fact, I've even became fans of folk I first heard of mentioned on this forum. (A fair number by DDT, in fact, wherever he got to.)

I know that I wasn't seriously trying to knock BG for mentioning him, I was just mostly ribbing him as I like to do, he knows that.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

A character actor just died

A character actor just died

Who.

Your mum? What was her character? Someone pretending not to be disappointed in you?

Guest Guest

lynda Bellingham of course !

Actor David Ryall, who appeared in just about everything (except Doctor Who) died on Christmas Day aged 79

Guest Guest

Actor David Ryall, who appeared in just about everything (except Doctor Who) died on Christmas Day aged 79

Possibly best known as old Bert, the narrator on The Village. He will be sadly missed :(

Brilliant actor.

• Like 1

Possibly best known as old Bert, the narrator on The Village. He will be sadly missed :(

I know him him best as Ted Bishop from (The Return of) Shelley, which reminds me is there any news on Hywel Bennet's health.

• Like 1

I know him him best as Ted Bishop from (The Return of) Shelley, which reminds me is there any news on Hywel Bennet's health.

I saw this on the BBC website and it bugged me as I knew the name but couldn't place him then I took out my Blake's 7 programme guide and was right he played Selman in Cygnus Alpha (1.03) who was one of the fellow convicts on the London but who didn't make it onto the Liberator.

I also have a suspicion I have seem him at the RSC but my programmes were too deeply buried to check.

This post has been brought to you by Nerds Anonymous - give generously

Guest Diggy liggy lo

James Bolam & Bernard Cribbins are both alive and well with their own shows on cbeebies. Cribbins must be about 120 now.

Bernard Cribbins is 86.

• Like 1

Guest pedro

Lance Percival died on 6th Jan. Sorry for Guest status, cant post if i sign in.