Malcolm McDowell reporting the death of Aubrey Morris yesterday at 89. https://twitter.com/McDowellMalc/status/621506633349214208

Nothing official as yet. Seems to have been in everything since I was a wee lad. Big big loss.

Edit: here's his star turn in The Prisoner: https://youtu.be/DGWpELKh3TY

Guardian obit: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jul/16/aubrey-morris

• Like 1

I've done a search here and online and can't find anything regarding Valerie Lush, born Christmas Day 1918. She was Auntie Flo in And Mother Makes Three/Five. Anyone know if she's still with us?

tve10714-19970429-761.gif

She must have been in other Brit exports cuz I definitely recognize her face from either BBC offerings pre-2008 or PBS anytime.

SC

She also played the French house cleaner Madame Renoleux in the ITV comedy series "French Fields".

By the way, I thought it's time for a "crew of the Nostromo" thread, because I thought all members of the cast were still alive, but that's not quite correct. Ironically, the man in the Alien costume, Bolaji Badejo, died some time ago.

Edit: Though technically, the Alien wasn't part of the crew, so it's still ok. There was also Helen Horton as the computer voice, also dead.

Do it before John Hurt goes..

Tom Beard, a textbook British character actor who appeared roughly tenth on the castlist for 60% of British TV series 1995-2015, has died at 50. He was kind of like a Poundland Colin Firth, you'll know the face.

98075.jpg

It's here, hiding in plain sight. Some good suggestions in the thread too such as John Stride, Roy Dotrice etc.

I have been watching the 1983 BBC adaptation of Mansfield Park and although he was on my radar it reminded me that Bernard Hepton is still alive and will be 90 this year.

It is time for another list.

Here are a list of actors and production crew who from Inspector Morse.

Because of its format and subject matter many of the stars and guest stars are now dead: John Thaw, James Grout, Peter Woodthorpe, Michael Aldridge, Richard Briers, Robert Stephens, Patrick Troughton, Norman Rodway, John Normington & Roger Lloyd-Pack to name a few but the following 20 are still with us.

1. Colin Dexter
  2. Tony Warren
  3. Ted Childs
  4. Kevin Whately
  5. Rebecca Eaton
  6. Julian Mitchell
  7. John Madden
  8. Danny Boyle
  9. Barrington Pheloung
  10. Geoffrey Beevers
  11. Robert Hardy
  12. Phyllis Logan
  13. Geoffrey Palmer
  14. Ian McDiarmed
  15. Clive Swift
  16. Freddie Jones
  17. Tony Haygarth
  18. John Shrapnel
  19. Nicholas Le Provost
  20. Martin Jarvis

I could go on...

Twenty years ago this autumn BBC aired one of its most successful costume dramas Andrew Davies' adaptation of Pride & Prejudice. Curiously (as far as I am aware) there have been no losses from the major cast of this show but here are twenty great and good if anyone wants a Pride & Prejudice and Zombies theme team to coincide with the new movie.

1. Andrew Davies (Adaptation)
  2. Sue Birtwistle (Producer)
  3. Simon Langton (Director)
  4. Colin Firth (Mr Darcy)
  5. Jennifer Ehle (Elizabeth Bennett)
  6. Alison Steadman (Mrs Bennett)
  7. Benjamin Whitrow (Mr Bennett)
  8. Joanna David (Mrs Gardiner)
  9. Tim Wylton (Mr Gardiner)
  10. Barbara Leigh-Hunt (Lady Catherine de Burgh)
  11. Rupert Vansittart (Mr Hirst)
  12. Lucy Robinson (Mrs Hirst)
  13. David Bamber (Mr Collins)
  14. Adrian Lukis (Mr Wickham)
  15. Marlene Sidaway (Hill)
  16. Lynn Fairleigh (Mrs Phillips)
  17. Paul Moriarty (Captain Carter)
  18. Roy Holder (Hodge)
  19. Christopher Benjamin (Sir William Lucas)
  20. Carl Davies (Music)

What do you mean no-one cares?

Philistines......

Guest Guested

Some more Inspector Morse possibles who may start troubling the scorers sooner or later:

Barbara Leigh-Hunt (b. 1935)

Richard Wilson (b.1936)

Derek Fowlds (b.1937)

Kenneth Colley (b.1937)

Benjamin Whitrow (b.1937)

Richard Kane (b.1938)

Oliver Ford-Davies (b.1939)

Janet Suzman (b.1939)

Peter McEnery (b.1940)

Gemma Jones (the first murder victim in the series) (b.1942)

Trevor Byfield (b.1943)

Angela Morant (b.1943)

Paul Freeman (b.1943)

Richard Durden (b.1944) - the first murderer

Kenneth Cranham (b.1944)

Nicky Henson (b.1945)

Patrick Malahide (b.1945)

Brian Cox (b.1946)

Patricia Hodge (b.1946)

Judy Loe (b. 1947)

Barbara Flynn (b.1948)

Simon Callow (b.1949)

Only place for it I think. Brian Godfrey died on Christmas Day 2015 at 66. http://www.its-behind-you.com/spotlightbriangodfrey.html

Son of the late comic and character actor Tommy Godfrey, he appeared as Foster in Stand Up Virgin Soldiers and had many appearances in supporting roles on TV, such as Father Dear Father, Colditz, The Kenny Everett Television Show, Minder and Blakes 7.

BrianGodfreyEarlyPub.jpg

Stage and TV/film actor Brian Bedford has died at 80. http://playbill.com/news/article/seven-time-tony-nominated-actor-brian-bedford-dead-at-80-379395

Provided the voice for Robin Hood in the Disney animation of 1973, nominated seven times for a Tony award, etc etc.

1.jpg

Ugh a cut from my DDP theme team. Two Brians have now died and I had neither.

SC

Stage and TV/film actor Brian Bedford has died at 80. http://playbill.com/news/article/seven-time-tony-nominated-actor-brian-bedford-dead-at-80-379395

Provided the voice for Robin Hood in the Disney animation of 1973, nominated seven times for a Tony award, etc etc.

1.jpg

Ugh a cut from my DDP theme team. Two Brians have now died and I had neither.

SC

Bad luck Sir C. Qualifying obit if needed. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/movies/487562/Brian-Bedford-dies-voice-Robin-Hood

Is everybody aged 69 dying ? Hell, at least Lemmy lasted a couple of days more.

Tim Curry ,Bill Clinton George Bush Junior , Patricia Hodge, Jack Straw ,Malcolm Rifkind, Dolly Parton ,Stephen Spielberg and Donald Trump must all be crapping themselves!

Tim Curry ,Bill Clinton George Bush Junior , Patricia Hodge, Jack Straw ,Malcolm Rifkind, Dolly Parton ,Stephen Spielberg and Donald Trump must all be crapping themselves!

Linda Ronstadt too, she's not in the best of health. Same with Meatloaf.

Meatloaf was on my very first DDP team. He must have been a lot healthier than he looked.

Meatloaf was on my very first DDP team. He must have been a lot healthier than he looked.

He quit touring in 2013 citing heath issues. He's lost a bit of weight recently though.

Sylvester Stallone?

1-He's not a character actor

2-He's not British

He quit touring in 2013 citing heath issues. He's lost a bit of weight recently though.

Yeah, but this was in about 2008. He had the fat sweaty look of someone who might keel over at any moment.

Liza Minnelli is 69 also and has always struck me as someone who won`t reach a great age.

Liza Minnelli is 69 also and has always struck me as someone who won`t reach a great age.

Going a tad off topic here, but if they've renamed J.D. and Coke to be known as a Lemmy, then I think bottles of cherry cough syrup should be known as a Minelli.

• Like 3