Skellern makes it 9/50 for me and we're only seven weeks in this year.

7th hit in the DDP. This is a fast year.

Aye Skellern is a mixed blessing for me too; The Deathlist Cup interest is fast waning but with him down I've got five dead DDP and four dead HPDP

all our hits are the same.

all our hits are the same.

Not John Hurt. I had Mark Sims in the DDP.

Skellern is my fourth DDP hit on my main team and my fifth overall.All February hits.

Surprisingly quick, but I guess the original articles never said when he was given the year to live... I doubt I'm the only one who picked him to expect him to see his birthday, but hoping he'd still be popular enough to carry a worthwhile points value.

Surprisingly quick, but I guess the original articles never said when he was given the year to live... I doubt I'm the only one who picked him to expect him to see his birthday, but hoping he'd still be popular enough to carry a worthwhile points value.

Genuinely, DI, when I saw Skellern, Snuka and Wetton were on the Drop 40, you could have heard my "Oh fucking hell" from over in America.

Had no idea when I picked him how famous he was in the UK, just he was famous enough to obit. Him being in the drop 40 was an added bonus.

Only fair to pay tribute to one of the greats. Ritchie Adams has died aged 71. http://blitzmag.blogspot.co.uk/2007/02/bits-and-pieces-news-about-your_3.html

Composer of such hits as Bobby Lewis' Tossin' and Turnin', The Marcels' Give Me Back Your Love, and probably most importantly credited for The Tra-La-La Song, which was the theme to the Banana Splits show.

He was the original lead singer on The Fireflies 1959 US hit, You Were Mine:

Rose Hamlin, writer of Angel Baby, a one-hit wonder for her band Rosie and the Originals has died aged 71.

It was also covered by John Lennon, amongst others.

On 7/21/2015 at 15:14, maryportfuncity said:

And, Dick Dale (b.1937) and a more "out there" guitarist than Duane Eddy is also still breathing.

Saw Dick Dale last night. He was in fine form despite a myriad of health issues: renal failure, cancer and diabetes. Not to mention his ex-wife is currently trying to sue him. 
It's a slightly grainy photo, but this is him on stage last night in Minneapolis. 

Dick Dale.jpg

• Like 4

I didn't really know where to put it, but anyway - Tom Waits went on stage after some time away from the public eye, and is looking much much older than the last time I remember seeing him (which I guess was on the Letterman show two years ago).

On 06/08/2017 at 20:37, Phantom said:

Saw Dick Dale last night. He was in fine form despite a myriad of health issues: renal failure, cancer and diabetes. Not to mention his ex-wife is currently trying to sue him. 
It's a slightly grainy photo, but this is him on stage last night in Minneapolis. 

Dick Dale.jpg

I envy you - NEVER seen him; would love to just once

20 hours ago, ObakeFilter said:

I didn't really know where to put it, but anyway - Tom Waits went on stage after some time away from the public eye, and is looking much much older from the last time I remember seeing him (which I guess was on the Letterman show two years ago).

Tina Turner's looking rough too....

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 14:33, maryportfuncity said:

I envy you - NEVER seen him; would love to just once

He put on an amazing performance. As he was led in to the venue, he needed one person either side of him, He had to be helped up on stage... and then for about 75 minutes, he was so animated that you wouldn't believe it was the same guy who could barely walk just a short time before.

You'll have to come here to the States to see him play. He's barely fit to do a US tour, there's no way he'd cope touring internationally these days. 

I was able to get him to autograph one of the posters that I grabbed off the wall of the venue. Was allowed to stand at the doorway and mouth a "thank you" to him - courtesy of his bass player, Sam Bolle who persuaded Dick to autograph the poster. 

dickdale.jpg.be5e9eba9ab71c4d08c5112f334ececa.jpg

Judy Parker Gaudio (IMDb, IBDb), actress and songwriter whose best known songs include December 1963 (Oh, What A Night) and Who Loves You from The Jersey Boys, has died aged 79. She was married to Bob Gaudio.

• Like 1

Bob Seger,72, has been forced to postpone all 19 dates of his 2017 Runaway Train tour due to an "urgent medical issue."

• Like 1