Here's my post from Monday in the Dead on Wiki thread:

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 13:19, YoungWillz said:

Scott English, songwriter with credits such as Hi-Ho Silver Lining, Bend Me, Shape Me et al.

UK #12 (1971) Brandy - you might recognise this as summat else!

Here's the faint praise from alt obits guy from Tuesday referencing only writing Brandy/Mandy:

22 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Scott English, who co-wrote the song 'Brandy', a tune Barry Manilow later reconfigured as 'Mandy', has died.  He was 75.

http://mediaconfidential.blogspot.com/2018/11/rip-scott-english-songwriter-and-record.html

So maybe if he'd cross-quoted my post, I wouldn't have had to point out that alt obits guy had damned him with faint praise, @maryportfuncity, and you wouldn't have  misunderstood my post and repeated what I'd already posted. He was a UK pop star and all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Here's my post from Monday in the Dead on Wiki thread:

Here's the faint praise from alt obits guy from Tuesday referencing only writing Brandy/Mandy:

So maybe if he'd cross-quoted my post, I wouldn't have had to point out that alt obits guy had damned him with faint praise, @maryportfuncity, and you wouldn't have  misunderstood my post and repeated what I'd already posted. He was a UK pop star and all.

Man, he never got so much coverage in the last years of his life

Wasn't a UK pop star - from Brooklyn despite the surname.

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Man, he never got so much coverage in the last years of his life

Wasn't a UK pop star - from Brooklyn despite the surname.

What I meant was a pop star in the UK. Like A-ha, Abba, Vanessa Paradis.

As you can see from my post, I actually researched the fucker!

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Jesus Fucking Christ.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

What I meant was a pop star in the UK. Like A-ha, Abba, Vanessa Paradis.

As you can see from my post, I actually researched the fucker!

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. Jesus Fucking Christ.

I like surly Y-Dub the best.  He doesn't appear nearly often enough. :)

• Haha 1

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2012 at 23:47, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Being a rubbish songwriter myself, it's time to salute the people who make the pop musical world go round. Most aren't on the verge of death, but never mind (all over 60, though). Off the top of my head, my living greats include:

*snip*

Jerry Chesnut

*snip*

From the OP, Jerry Chesnut dead: http://theboot.com/jerry-chesnut-dead-dies/

On 22/07/2013 at 19:51, CaptainChorizo said:

Not mentioned in this thread is Normal Gimbel(Sway,Killing Me Softly and the Oscar winning It Goes Like It Goes and a whole slew of easy listening pap and tv-movie themes from the 60s-80s).Not sure of his current health but he turns 86 in November.

Has been killed softly with his song

• Like 1

On 27/12/2018 at 13:30, Phantom said:

Other than this blog site, I can't find any other source confirming this.

I'm surprised he was able to post it there even.

(Edit - tough crowd)

Obit for Gimbel.

On 27/12/2018 at 04:05, Joey Russ said:

####Sunday Monday Happy Days, Tuesday Wednesday Happy Days, Thursday Friday 'Deid',

the weekend comes,  he's the colour of plums, looking to the funeral with yooooooooo

• Haha 3

Whitey Shafer who penned the song "All My Ex's Live in Texas" died on Saturday at the age of 84

Report of the death of Harvey Scales, who co-wrote Disco Lady for Johnny Taylor which was reputedly the first platinum selling single in the US, but only reached the dizzying heights of #25 in the UK charts in May 1976:

20 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Harvey Scales, who co-wrote Disco Lady for Johnny Taylor which was reputedly the first platinum selling single in the US, but only reached the dizzying heights of #25 in the UK charts in May 1976:

When I saw that one of his song credits was "Love-itis" at first I thought it said "Love tits"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Phantom said:

When I saw that one of his song credits was "Love-itis" at first I thought it said "Love tits"

Love tits, got a hold on me!

John Kilzer, the former Memphis Tigers basketball player and singer/songwriter-turned-pastor, has died.  St. John's United Methodist Church, where he served as associate pastor for recovery ministries, announced Kilzer's death Tuesday evening.  The singer/songwriter-turned-preacher died suddenly Tuesday.  Kilzer was 62. No cause of death was given.

Originally from Jackson, Tennessee, the University of Memphis basketball player and English literature major-turned-English literature teacher landed a record deal with Geffen Records toward the end of the MTV era. He offered a mix of literate rockers and ballads bearing titles like “Memory in the Making” and “Marilyn Dean and James Monroe.”  Kilzer recorded two albums for Geffen, “Memory in the Making” in 1988 and “Busman’s Holiday” in 1991. Rosanne Cash, Trace Adkins and Maria Muldaur recorded his songs.
SC

Report of the death of David White, founding member of Danny and the Juniors, wrote or co-wrote Rock N Roll Is Here To Stay, You Don't Own Me and the inimitable At The Hop.

• Sad 1

Goddamn this St Pats Day racking up the corpses ffs

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Goddamn this St Pats Day racking up the corpses ffs

To be sure, to be sure.....

Obit for David White.

Margaret Lewis, who wrote tunes for Dale Hawkins and Connie Francis, as well as being a singer in her own right, died on Friday at the age of 79.

On 18/05/2012 at 23:47, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Being a rubbish songwriter myself, it's time to salute the people who make the pop musical world go round. Most aren't on the verge of death, but never mind (all over 60, though). Off the top of my head, my living greats include:

Les Reed

No less an authority than Gary Kemp from Spandau Ballet is reporting Les Reed as dead. For those unfamiliar with his name, he wrote "It's Not Unusual", "There's A Kind of Hush" and Leeds United's "Marching On Together".

• Sad 1

On 17/03/2019 at 17:34, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of David White, founding member of Danny and the Juniors, wrote or co-wrote Rock N Roll Is Here To Stay, You Don't Own Me and the inimitable At The Hop.

Another founding member Joe Terry dead according to Twitter...

• Sad 1