honez

Clive James

Sorry, no he should stay on till he dies. It won't be long.

His cancer is in remission though and he doesn`t seem too reliant on oxygen!He is ill but there are people in worse shape than him !

I think he'll see 2016. I also thought Reg Presley would see 2014.

That's probably more of a reason for keeping him then.

Presley had lung cancer though which gets you far quicker than emphysema!

Presley had lung cancer though which gets you far quicker than emphysema!

Yeah, I know - I fell for an "in the know" source claiming he was in remission. On James, while I believe he's more of a fighter than he lets on (given he'd probably be dead by now otherwise), his health issues are still of the type for which a sudden complication (heart attack, stroke) could finalize them.

Clive James once again discussing how close he is to death:

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2015/mar/15/clive-james-interview-done-lot-since-my-death

He's apparently still very productive. Details on his health a bit further down. He was apparently recovering well, but recently there have been signs that the cancer is coming back.

His leukaemia had been in remission but now, he says quietly, “it’s still there, and has just reared its head again”. A recent bone-marrow biopsy has been a sharp, unwelcome reminder of this underlying condition. “I’m about to have some more chemo,” he says, “which I haven’t had in years. I always knew that leukaemia would catch up with me.” -For those who can`t be bothered to read article.

• Like 1

His leukaemia had been in remission but now, he says quietly, “it’s still there, and has just reared its head again”. A recent bone-marrow biopsy has been a sharp, unwelcome reminder of this underlying condition. “I’m about to have some more chemo,” he says, “which I haven’t had in years. I always knew that leukaemia would catch up with me.” -For those who can`t be bothered to read article.

He also had a mixed bag carcinomas, and recently got rid of one on his scalp - presumably basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin. Normally, these aren't life-threatening in themselves, but given his general condition, they might make his last years/months even more miserable.

The Australian, talks to Clive about life death & his next great work.

ETA: I could access this via Chrome, IE takes me to a 'subscribe' page. (Others browsers are available)

Alternative, much shorter article that also includes Clive reading Japanese Maple.

To be honoured at BAFTA TV awards.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32654937

No new medical information, but the article emphasizes the fact that his leukaemia is terminal and that he has started saying goodbye to his friends/loved ones. Maybe the chemo didn't help him much and is heading out soon?

Better watch the awards to find out how frail he looks.

• Like 1

Guest awesome guest

No new medical information, but the article emphasizes the fact that his leukaemia is terminal and that he has started saying goodbye to his friends/loved ones. Maybe the chemo didn't help him much and is heading out soon?

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be his last public appearance

I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be his last public appearance

Fuck off, fuck off, FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest awesome guest

Try to make fuck off I said no, no, noooo!!!

He doesn't exactly look at deaths door just yet. (Mind you, I was chatting to Ronnie Biggs a couple of days before he went)

• Like 1

Guest Guest

The fact he was unable to attend the BAFTAs despite it only being a few miles down the road must mean he's in a very frail condition

Guest Guest

it's starting to look like the end could finally be night for CJ . The fact he didn't contribute to the tributes to his colleague Cilla Black was very ominous...