honez

Clive James

Was probably just waiting until Maisie Williams was legal so he could have a guilt-free chug over her.

• Like 1

Was probably just waiting until Maisie Williams was legal so he could have a guilt-free chug over her.

Kerr-ist another nightmare ridden night for me on that thought.

Watching it. Cancer was "in remission for five years there" (implying it's not anymore), and he's on experimental drugs to try and prolong his life/test them out for the health service.

Having some kind of anaemia-related operation that involves shoving a rod up his asshole.

I kind of can't really decide whether his current situation is really that dire, or he's just being a drama queen about having his fanny inspected and penetrated. It'd be unlucky to lose him now that he's finally off the deathlist after so many consecutive appearances. Our thoughts are with you Clive, hold on at least until 1 January, 2018.

• Like 1

Having some kind of anaemia-related operation that involves shoving a rod up his asshole.

I kind of can't really decide whether his current situation is really that dire, or he's just being a drama queen about having his fanny inspected and penetrated. It'd be unlucky to lose him now that he's finally off the deathlist after so many consecutive appearances. Our thoughts are with you Clive, hold on at least until 1 January, 2018.

Drama Queen. Should be a good poem though. 'It's odd to think a, tube up my sphincter...

• Like 6

Clive James will die of old age in his 90's.Nothing more to see here ...

I really only just realized that Clive is not on the List anymore.... good decision, he has a new book out, and whnes again (and again, and again) about not being dead:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/feb/23/clive-james-announces-new-poetry-collection-injury-time-sentenced-life

No Reports of my Death column in The Guardian for a second consecutive week.

Could mean something, probably doesn't, thought I'd mention it anyway.

• Like 1

Hmm it isnt like Clive not to write!

If he dies this year he will be the biggest miss since Patrick Moore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

If he dies this year he will be the biggest miss since Patrick Moore.

Henry Kissinger would technically be a bigger miss than Clive James. 

One to bring back for 2018 for sure.

On 08/07/2017 at 14:21, Joey Russ said:

Henry Kissinger would technically be a bigger miss than Clive James. 

Disagree Kissinger has been very active whereas James has been open about his health issues. We know James is ill and did not put him on the list. Kissinger is just speculation

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Disagree Kissinger has been very active whereas James has been open about his health issues. We know James is ill and did not put him on the list. Kissinger is just speculation

Statistically rather than current health wise, I was assuming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

Statistically rather than current health wise, I was assuming.

Correct. Personally I think Kissinger is very healthy, but he has already made 5 appearances on the deathlist.

I think the situation is getting worse. Some Guardian commenter alerted me to the fact that his column has been absent for weeks. Now someone on Twitter observed that the Guardian magazine no longer features the line "Clive James is away". So he's probably not going to return...