honez

Clive James

He looks like a shadow of his former self in his BAFTA acceptance speech

Patrick swayze looked like that in April 2009 and was dead by September 2009. That's 5 mouths but Clive is older and has had terminal cancer for a few years now so my prediction is 13 of December 2015
  • Like 1

Hmm... I'll go for November 4, 2015.

Guest Guest

i'll go for January 1 , 2016 just to piss us all off

8th June 2017.Not convinced he is going anywhere too soon.

• Like 1

Will go for 29th December 2015, giving death list it's final death of the year, with a grand total of 13 deaths, will almost certainly be wrong on both counts.

Ridiculous

Patrick swayze looked like that in April 2009 and was dead by September 2009. That's 5 mouths but Clive is older and has had terminal cancer for a few years now so my prediction is 13 of December 2015

This sounds like a contradiction. You make a comparison to Swayze and give every reason why he would die much sooner and then plump for a date at the back end of year. I'll go for September - same date as Swayze!

i'll go for January 1 , 2016 just to piss us all off

would be a great start to 2016 though

• Like 1

This sounds like a contradiction. You make a comparison to Swayze and give every reason why he would die much sooner and then plump for a date at the back end of year. I'll go for September - same date as Swayze!

I have him less time as he is older than swayze was so I predict he'll scramble quicker. He has put up a good fight with cancer though but sadly he is losing

I'll say the 5th of November 2015. Was thinking of some clever pun to go with bonfire night but i couldn't come up with one . :scratchhead:

Gunpowder, Treason and (burial) Plot?

• Like 3

I reckon he'll go in the last knockings of 2015 (a la Bob Monkhouse)...

I stand by my previously stated feeling that he'll be around for a few years yet. Appearances are nothing with our James, beneath that "aww shucks" outlook on his illness (and survival thus far) lies a hardened fighter.

He's porky. And his demeanour hasn't changed over the decades.

Problem is, he might be dead already, but he just doesn't know it.

I am not going to predict a date but I think he and Martin Crowe will go within a week of each other but these will not be the next hits for this year's list.

I get the feeling that he'll go some time between over the Christmas and New Year holidays.

He's on the ABC tomorrow night (I can't remember whether it's 7.30 or Four Corners :banghead: ) talking about his writing and lingering imminent death. Not sure whether it's a repeat or not though I will say he actually sounds better than he did a while back.

This interview was on Australian television the other night:

He sounds as lucid as ever, but judging by the look of him could easily just go in his sleep, sure he'd welcome it

Seems there a lot of new drugs around that are making cancer more treatable in the last couple of years.Valerie Harper is another example of someone who has likewise benefited from trial drugs.I believe some of Sam Simon`s drugs were new also and he lived an astonishing time considering the spread of his cancer..Maybe cancr in the next two decades will become more like AIDS has i.e more manageable and less of a death sentence.

Seems there a lot of new drugs around that are making cancer more treatable in the last couple of years.Valerie Harper is another example of someone who has likewise benefited from trial drugs.I believe some of Sam Simon`s drugs were new also and he lived an astonishing time considering the spread of his cancer..Maybe cancr in the next two decades will become more like AIDS has i.e more manageable and less of a death sentence.

Gordie Howe and Bart Starr (and John Brodie) had stem cell injections that can only be gotten in Mexico (ie not available in the USofA)....and to date all have gone from death's door to dancing a reel or two. In fact it was 6 months ago or so Howe got to bury his brother than the other way around, as expected in November 2014.

SC

Guest droosy

I started to take Clive seriously after watching his TV documentary from the Mexico City, in which he was really excited to watch the wrestling matches of Luchadoras. Too bad he was rooting for the Técnicas, as the Rudas are much more fun!