adrian0719

Liza Minnelli

This twitter account lists things and people that Liza Minnelli has outlived:

https://mobile.twitter.com/lizaoutlives?lang=en

Because "she will outlive us all".

And she has just recently outlived her Arrested Development co-star Jessica Walter.

• Like 2

Liza Minnelli  singing last month.

People can make their own judgement  but to me she seems quite diminished and older than her years.

7 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Liza Minnelli  singing last month.

People can make their own judgement  but to me she seems quite diminished and older than her years.

But is she losing her mind?

• Haha 1

I've not heard a peep from her about Sondheim's death?

Maybe I'm missing something?

14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

She doesn’t use social media much as far as I can find. Unless she has declined rapidly she was well enough in September in the clip above to sing to people. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

She doesn’t use social media much as far as I can find. Unless she has declined rapidly she was well enough in September in the clip above to sing to people. 

I'd have thought conventional media would have tried contact for a reaction.

It kind of worries me enough to consider adjusting one of my teams for next year.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

It kind of worries me enough to consider adjusting one of my teams for next year.

Even when someone is pretty Ill statements are often put out anyway. So either she is near death or no one has answered yet. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Even when someone is pretty Ill statements are often put out anyway. So either she is near death or no one has answered yet. 

The classic example when Benny Hill gave a tribute to Frankie Howerd despite already being dead himself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Liza would be a good choice  Will. The rumours I have heard or rather read about her health seem credible.

• Like 2

On 27/11/2021 at 15:06, YoungWillz said:

I was at a party last night and someone there started talking about the new Cabaret production. Somebody (who is an old stage actor in the West End) jutted in to mention that Liza was in a "very bad way right now". He didn't know any more details.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I was at a party last night and someone there started talking about the new Cabaret production. Somebody (who is an old stage actor in the West End) jutted in to mention that Liza was in a "very bad way right now". He didn't know any more details.

I wonder if he means right now as in recent deterioration and she could go with days or weeks or simply a further decline from her many illness but that she might well linger well into 2022 or even beyond.  

For what it's worth for any deadpoolers  who haven't yet submitted all of their teams  -Liza Minnelli apparently has become good friends in recent  years  with Betty White who died today.  I seem to recall that they live near each other or even in the same posh complex were several  aged celebrities  live. 

Todays sad news about the death of her friend arguably may not  help Lizas  rumoured predicament health wise.

Just something those with incomplete team lists might wish to take into account....

• Like 1

I am not 100% sure this is new but this just came up on my Instagram and is hash tagged 2022 . A CBS TV  interview  with Liza. 

God I love her!

26 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I am not 100% sure this is new but this just came up on my Instagram and is hash tagged 2022 . A CBS TV  interview  with Liza. 

God I love her!

I think it could be new actually, as there's some media coverage of it in the past 24 hours. Albeit, not as much as I'd have thought to have seen. 

Mouth drooping at one side (sorry if that offends you @TheKeysOfMarinus)... could suggest a past stroke?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Parkinson ? 

Could be. There is some shaking going on so would suggest something neurological at play. I see it was also noted in the articles covering the interview that her performance that day was a real treat because she "was no longer able to perform to fans".... there's a lot of euphemisms and half statements going on. I'd really like to know what's actually going on as I picked her in the DDP!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I think it could be new actually, as there's some media coverage of it in the past 24 hours. Albeit, not as much as I'd have thought to have seen. 

Mouth drooping at one side (sorry if that offends you @TheKeysOfMarinus)... could suggest a past stroke?

Yes she did seem to struggle a bit with her speech. Not 100% sure why.  

Made me quite emotional. She seemed determined  but frail.

• Like 1

My first thought were stroke tbh, which would fit in with the speaking issues. Certainly been in the wars whatever it is.

36 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

CBS who produced it certainly make it appear as if it’s new.

Her singing voice sounds less affected by what ever is going on than her speaking voice. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

CBS who produced it certainly make it appear as if it’s new.

Her singing voice sounds less affected by what ever is going on than her speaking voice. 

Yeah... the only part I'm not understanding is CBS seem to have used the tagline "Liza Minnelli at 75". She turned 75 in March 2021, so begs the question when was it actually filmed?

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yeah... the only part I'm not understanding is CBS seem to have used the tagline "Liza Minnelli at 75". She turned 75 in March 2021, so begs the question when was it actually filmed?

Next month is the 50th anniversary of Cabaret being released so it might have been commissioned for now. Michael Feinstein on his Instagram implies it’s fairly recently filmed. The last time through she is dated in any  footage is from September. 

I can’t imagine them being able to film it last spring for example due to Covid issues. 

Currently co-presenting an award at the Oscars with Lady Gaga. She’s in a wheelchair and fumbling with words. She does not look good

• Like 1
  • Sad 1