adrian0719

Liza Minnelli

Kirk Douglas lasted two years after his last Oscars appearance that was obviously meant to be some kind of farewell. Maureen O'Hara lasted half a year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Kirk Douglas lasted two years after his last Oscars appearance that was obviously meant to be some kind of farewell. Maureen O'Hara lasted half a year.

John Wayne (below) lasted 2 months, and it was the Wayne/O'Hara analogies which came to mind, tbh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, msc said:

John Wayne (below) lasted 2 months, and it was the Wayne/O'Hara analogies which came to mind, tbh.

Lucille Ball presented Best Picture and died a few weeks later

There's no point looking for a pattern.  People can deteriorate much further than this before dying, and others drop dead while looking as fit as a fiddle.

• Like 8

Liza does look frail, was shaking a bit and is in a wheelchair, but she's always been a bit nuts so fumbling her words is no big deal. Wonderful to hear her glorious throaty laugh is still intact. She's not looked in great health for a number of years now but didn't seem any worse last night. Definitely one to consider but I'm not sure she's at death's door just yet.

Lady Gaga is class. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Toast said:

There's no point looking for a pattern.  People can deteriorate much further than this before dying, and others drop dead while looking as fit as a fiddle.

Party pooper

Do we know what she has ? Parkinson ? Alzheimer ? She was shaking so much yesterday it’s hard to watch her as disminished

1 hour ago, Vinegar Tits said:

Lady Gaga is class. 

She really is.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, msc said:

Legend - get off your horse and drink your milk.

5 hours ago, ajlposh said:

Lucille Ball presented Best Picture and died a few weeks later

But she wasn’t I’ll as such. She died from an Aneurysm 

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

But she wasn’t I’ll as such. She died from an Aneurysm 

Not the full story, though - she'd had a massive heart attack the year before, was subject of press rumours, and was reassuring friends at the Oscars that she was "on the mend" iirc.

• Like 3

I was thinking that maybe Olivia de Havilland appeared at the Oscars a little before she died, but silly me.  Even though she appeared at the 2011 show at the age of 95, she still made it for 9 more years, of course.  And she looked very good at that appearance, mind you, a hell of a lot better than Liza looked just the other night, unfortunately for Liza.  

3 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10744225/Liza-Minnelli-moves-Oscars-sabotage-dinner-Joan-Collins.html

Spotted out and about again for the first time since her appearance at the Oscars- going out for dinner with her good friend Joan Collins. 

The article gives some insight to when she presented at the Oscars, as told by her friend Michael Feinstein. Originally she was supposed to sit in a Director's chair, but due to the commotion caused by "the slap", she had to switch to a wheelchair at the last minute. Feinstein said that Minnelli was "very disappointed" about presenting in a wheelchair, and that it "ruined what should have been a glorious moment" for her. 

So I'm wondering if her being upset by having to use a wheelchair was why she acted the way she did while presenting? Or perhaps there's more to the story? Maybe since her "farewell" appearance didn't go the way she wanted it to, it could cause her to deteriorate further. Although she was seen smoking at the restaurant.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mollyafox said:

The article gives some insight to when she presented at the Oscars, as told by her friend Michael Feinstein. Originally she was supposed to sit in a Director's chair, but due to the commotion caused by "the slap", she had to switch to a wheelchair at the last minute. Feinstein said that Minnelli was "very disappointed" about presenting in a wheelchair, and that it "ruined what should have been a glorious moment" for her. 

So I'm wondering if her being upset by having to use a wheelchair was why she acted the way she did while presenting? Or perhaps there's more to the story? Maybe since her "farewell" appearance didn't go the way she wanted it to, it could cause her to deteriorate further. Although she was seen smoking at the restaurant.  

I’m confused…why would the slap change what kind of chair she sits in?

Just now, ajlposh said:

Maybe Stress Related or a reputation reason?

1 hour ago, ajlposh said:

According to the article, it led to "disorder backstage", so at a guess they couldn't find the chair, the person responsible for getting it ready was involved in the fall-out, or summat.

video of her from the last academy akward show that I haven’t seen of her. I don’t see how her cigarette hold in her shaky hand

edit : my phone just wrote akward instead of award , funny mistake  

• Shocked 1

Liza Minnelli was trending on parts of twitter and my heart missed a beat until I realised that this eurovision singer  was the explanation for that!

• Haha 1